PDA

View Full Version : Two Disney giftcard questions

Hedy
09-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Can you use gift cards to pay your package off online?
I've been earmarking my GC's for food and souvineers. For those of you who do the same, do you put the GC's on your package so you have cash for the food and souvineers, or do you just save the GC's for their intended purpose? And do you use your GC's in the parks or just use it to pay off your room bill?

m 'n c
09-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes you can use them to pay your trip off online or offline. I think you enter them like you would a cc on the site.

I am saving up my gc's to pay my package off. I figure the more I can pay off that way the more I can save towards spending money which I will monitor more closely since it is my money/cash rather than gift cards.

coastalgirl
09-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I know that you can use your GC's for paying your package, I believe it was posted 3 at a time.
Our last trip I gave the giftcards to the kids to spend.
This time I will use our for our package. And then just use cash for everything else.

wilsonfamily4
09-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I am saving mine for the DDP. I figure if they take that DDP away before we go in Jan 2009 then I will use them for the restaurant themselves. Last time I used them for souvies and snacks. If I have enough left after food I plan on giving everyone in our group one for misc.

jnorth1007
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I make cash payments for the package when I have it. I keep the gift cards so that if I dont have enough to pay the trip off by the time it is due I KNOW I have gift cards aside for that. I am more likely to pay for the trip with cash. I am much worse about setting cash aside. I plan on using the GC's that are left (hopefully all of them) for spending money.

zoodoyle
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I just sent my husband out the door with $650 in gift cards (18 cards in total) to make our reservation for next Aug.!!! I'm soooo excited to just have an actual reservation!!!! :sunshine: I'll keep putting any gift cards I earn towards the package since I have almost a year to keep earning towards it!!