PDA

View Full Version : When are you going??

herodrx1
05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I just noticed a lot of people with pending trips and wanted to see if anyone will be there the same time as me.

I'll be heading back from 9-19 to 9-23-07. We'll be at MNSSHP on the 21st.
Anyone else gonna be there???

sunshinemckenzie
05-19-2007, 11:35 PM
HAHAHAHA see you there! Like you didn't already know that. :rotfl:

OregonGirlie
05-19-2007, 11:45 PM
We're not going to WDW, but DL. We went last year mid-september and it was perfect. I'm just about to book our vacation for this fall. I'm 95% certain we're going September 12-18, but a little part of me wants to wait until their Halloween stuff is up just to experience it. But on the same token we're not big halloween people so I just don't know. Plus this vacation is all a suprise for my DH & little ones (5, 3 and 1) - so I don't know how much longer I can keep my excitement in with this suprise. I get too giddy about it. LOL

Rissa

Nite0wl71
05-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Those are the exact same days we are going:banana: right down to MNSSHP on the 21st. We will be staying at ASMu.

We are actually leaving this Thursday and staying until Monday evening. Just a quick 3 1/2 day trip.

OregonGirlie
05-20-2007, 01:40 AM
LOL - love the name: NightOwl.

That is me to a T!

However lately it's gone from being a night owl to full blown insomnia (falling asleep between 5:30am and 6:45am!) Thinking I'm going to have to buy some herbal tea and pull an all nighter to get back on a real sleep schedule!

Nite0wl71
05-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Thank you:) I am not much of a nite owl anymore, but I do collect owls still.

I used to be able to stay up late when the kids were youg but I think I am getting old, now all I want to do is sleep.

mom2dea
05-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Well I am pregnant and we just brought a new home and sold all our DVC points for the yr :( So I promised everyone no Disney this yr :( So I compramised and BEGGED for Spring break of next yr . I know it will be crowded but I don't care I have to see my mouse or I may lose it !!!!!!!!

So march/April of 08' I will prob book this week at our home resort and then switch at 7 month out .

Have fun everyone going for free dinning I tryed to take my son on a suprise trip there and Dh was all for it but I don't think I can do the heat , walking and such at 9 month pregnant :(

Sarah

jl8595
05-20-2007, 08:01 AM
We'll be there from 9/8-9/15! We're still undecided on MNSSHP on the 14th. We booked the BBB in the new castle location for my 2 DD's - it's going to be a surprise for them! Can't wait!! :mickey: :minnie:

kxmeeh
05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
We are going to be in WDW at POR from 12/18-12/26 doing MVMCP on the 20th. we all need something we can buy and wear while in the parks to let others know we are sunshiney :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
We are going to be in WDW at POR from 12/18-12/26 doing MVMCP on the 20th. we all need something we can buy and wear while in the parks to let others know we are sunshiney :sunshine:

I just talked to Cindy about this and we are trying to find a good way to do it without violating the almighty Disney copyrights. I'm hoping to have a good solution this week so that I can order some buttons ASAP. :)

zoodoyle
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
We won't be there until late August of 2008. We were just there in January, but we already want, scratch that, NEED to go back :love: At least it gives me lots of time to make more money towards the trip!! :sunshine:

sunshinemckenzie
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I just talked to Cindy about this and we are trying to find a good way to do it without violating the almighty Disney copyrights. I'm hoping to have a good solution this week so that I can order some buttons ASAP. :)

TOOO COOL! I can see me now with my lime green Dis shirt on and my sunshine button....

OHH OHH OHHH...make it a contest for us to design a pin that we can all wear....HOW FUN!!!

SunshineGirl
05-20-2007, 10:32 PM
TOOO COOL! I can see me now with my lime green Dis shirt on and my sunshine button....

OHH OHH OHHH...make it a contest for us to design a pin that we can all wear....HOW FUN!!!

I love it!!! Let's do it! Would a $50 prize be motivation enough?

sunshinemckenzie
05-21-2007, 01:43 AM
LOL...I was thinking smaller but hey who am I to argue. Count me in!

sunshinemckenzie
05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
my head has been spinning with ideas. Are you going to give guidelines or is it up to our imagination?

SunshineGirl
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
my head has been spinning with ideas. Are you going to give guidelines or is it up to our imagination?

I've been thinking through it. I'll try to come up with a total set of guidelines to release today. But one big one is that it can't violate Disney's copyrights. It doesn't have to use our logo but needs to say either "Sunshine Rewards" or "SunshineRewards.com". And obviously it has to be able to be printed on a standard sized button. Any colors are fine. And all submissions become property of SR. :) Any that we use, regardless of whether they are the first place vote-getter will receive a $50 prize. So if someone comes in first but we end up deciding to go with the 5th place one instead for some reason (or both!) than both people get the prize. So at a minimum one prize will be awarded, but it could be more depending on how many of the ideas we end up wanting to use.

luvdisney
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
My DH and I are going Sept 8 - Sept 14. :) Just the 2 of us then in 2008 will be a big family trip (12 of us) not sure of when but after kids get out of school

tommygirl79
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
We will be there from September 15-22. We'll be at MNSSHp the 21st with a Liberty Tree Tavern ressie at 4:00...

See ya'll there!

wisconsinmom
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
We have 3 trips planned:cooldance:

August 16-26 (my parents will be joining us for the 20-26)

October 25-28 (just DS and I) MNSSHP

August 2008 4 day DCL cruise and probably 7 days at WDW

We are buying APs this year and want to make the most of them

sunshinemckenzie
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
We have 3 trips planned:cooldance:

August 16-26 (my parents will be joining us for the 20-26)

October 25-28 (just DS and I) MNSSHP

August 2008 4 day DCL cruise and probably 7 days at WDW

We are buying APs this year and want to make the most of them

by any chance are you interesting in adopting a 40+yo woman????

Tasha228
05-22-2007, 01:18 AM
We were just there May 10-17. I am not sure if we will go back next year yet or not. We will probably decide this winter. I hope everyone with upcoming trips in the next few months have a great time! We sure did! ;)

sunshinemckenzie
05-22-2007, 01:49 AM
ok...here's a plan for all those going to MNSSHP on the 21st. When we get closer to the date...let's share costumes and see if we can spot each other for a quick HI while at MNSSHP

Sound good to you guys?

tommygirl79
05-22-2007, 08:52 AM
ok...here's a plan for all those going to MNSSHP on the 21st. When we get closer to the date...let's share costumes and see if we can spot each other for a quick HI while at MNSSHP

Sound good to you guys?

Sounds great to me!!!! :hugs:

saige023
05-22-2007, 09:03 AM
:sunshine: I am going May 27th to June 4th. I am so excited, I almost can not stand it. It will be myself, my mother and my 7 year old daughter. We are staying at the Old Key West Resort. We stayed there last year and loved it. We were there for 9 days and it did not seem like enough time, none of us were ready to go home. We would stay longer this year but silly me did not plan our AP passes correctly but I have learned a valuable lesson that I will not let happen again (anything that cuts into my disney time is a big no no).

So my count down begins: :party:

herodrx1
05-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Put me down for the costume swap!! It will be fun. Funny if there are a zillion, lets say Pirates, and we say "Hello Sunshine" to each of them!! Bunch of crazy people!! :rotfl:

krg1968
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Right now we are planning Sept 16th through the 21st, but I haven't made a reservation yet. I'm excited!

MKelley226
05-22-2007, 03:43 PM
We went this past August to Disney and heading back next August, so still plenty of time to save up credits. My goal is $200 and I have a good shot of making it!! :cooldance:

The Cheshire Cat
05-22-2007, 07:33 PM
We are August 8-14th

Dove
05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I'll be at POR May 29th - June 4th with 3 of my grand kid's !:cooldance:
Spoiling them with little extra's from all my Disney Dollar's and gift card's I have made from :sunshine: Reward's !
Thank You Tricia and Family !

linanglab
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Dove and Saige - You guys are SO close to your trips!!! Have fun!!!

We are going June 27-July 7. CANNOT wait!!! Thanks to Sunshine, I just made a Crystal Palace Ressie, (among others) paid in full by none other than Sunshine Rewards. (Well, when I cash out today, it will be paid in full!)

I love the contest idea! Unfortunately I am not creative so I am sure I will not enter, but I will vote!

Angela

sunshinecindy
05-23-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm going on Sept 28th for a few days for the Epcot Wine tasting, never miss that. Then in October for Halloween with Tricia and the rest of the family.

Course...I only live 1 1/2 hrs away...so I can go anytime.:p

AlyssInWonderland
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
WOW!!! Two ppl are going when we are!!! :cooldance:

We're heading down Aug 13- Aug 20th!

Anyone going to the Pirate and Princess Party??? We're gonna go on the
15th!

keishashadow
05-23-2007, 08:04 AM
We'll be "home" June 23rd @ WLV for 5 nights; then over to Universal, RPR thru July 1st:cooldance:

We luved (and dressed in costume) MNSSHP - wait till you see the parade & fireworks and MVMCP too.

3dog2kidmom
05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
We'll be "home" June 23rd @ WLV for 5 nights; then over to Universal, RPR thru July 1st:cooldance:

We luved (and dressed in costume) MNSSHP - wait till you see the parade & fireworks and MVMCP too.

We're going June 23rd too!!!! Through the 27th... we're staying at POR but are having dinner on the 25th at WCC :)

keishashadow
05-23-2007, 08:37 AM
We're going June 23rd too!!!! Through the 27th... we're staying at POR but are having dinner on the 25th at WCC :)

i'm embarassed to admit we've never eaten there, not sure why?

have you tried it before?

i've always wanted to stay @ POR (thinking the mansions on the river); looks so pretty. If not DVC we stay @ AS, never able to get a good deal (even w/AAA) @ POR.

On the 25th we have a birthday dinner for youngest DS @ CR. Asked for a dive banner, he'll be so surprised to see it.

We're looking forward to our 1st StarWars that weekend @ MGM. Have seen Darth Vader & Storm Troopers in the past a week afterwards & got pics.

Enjoy your trip, don't forget to have the kids rub Humphrey's belly for luck!

kimntrent
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I love POR. We are staying at OWK and POFQ this time. Isn't WCC so good? I go for breakfast but the bottomless milkshake is rockin. Nice tummy ache afterwards though.

Kim
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

January
05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
We are going to Disneyland August 23-24 for a family reunion. I wish I could stay longer but DH is not going to be able to go. So it is a quick trip for me and DD. We are planning a WDW trip in Sept, Oct or Nov 2008----just depends on DH when he can get the time off.:)

sunshinemckenzie
05-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I've been thinking through it. I'll try to come up with a total set of guidelines to release today. But one big one is that it can't violate Disney's copyrights. It doesn't have to use our logo but needs to say either "Sunshine Rewards" or "SunshineRewards.com". And obviously it has to be able to be printed on a standard sized button. Any colors are fine. And all submissions become property of SR. :) Any that we use, regardless of whether they are the first place vote-getter will receive a $50 prize. So if someone comes in first but we end up deciding to go with the 5th place one instead for some reason (or both!) than both people get the prize. So at a minimum one prize will be awarded, but it could be more depending on how many of the ideas we end up wanting to use.

Hi, I know you are extremely busy with the huge successful cash out, but a quick question. I've been playing around with some things for the pins and wondering if you are running just one or possibly two contests. One for all of the sunshine Disney addicts and one for those who aren't into disney but would love to have a pin for a possible sunshine rewards mmet.

SunshineGirl
05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi, I know you are extremely busy with the huge successful cash out, but a quick question. I've been playing around with some things for the pins and wondering if you are running just one or possibly two contests. One for all of the sunshine Disney addicts and one for those who aren't into disney but would love to have a pin for a possible sunshine rewards mmet.

Good question! Let's do this. We'll make it one contest with one overall winner. But I am 99% sure that if there is a good Disney pin and a good non-Disney pin, I will end up paying the $50 for both of them. Heck, if there are 3 or 4 pins that the voters are torn between, I'll pay out for all of them.

My goal is to get the rules up for this tomorrow after the cashouts are done. That way, the designers can have until the end of the month. We'll vote in early June, and then I can start having the pins made and sent out before I head to Affiliate Summit in July.

sunshinemckenzie
05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
WAHOOOO...to all who are going from September 17-22 and attending the MNSSHP on the 21st and wearing your pins....if you see a crazy redhead running your direction...Don't worry, I won't harm you! I'll just be me, so excited to finally meet some of my fellow sunshine girls!

3dog2kidmom
05-23-2007, 11:03 PM
i'm embarassed to admit we've never eaten there, not sure why?

have you tried it before?

i've always wanted to stay @ POR (thinking the mansions on the river); looks so pretty. If not DVC we stay @ AS, never able to get a good deal (even w/AAA) @ POR.

On the 25th we have a birthday dinner for youngest DS @ CR. Asked for a dive banner, he'll be so surprised to see it.

We're looking forward to our 1st StarWars that weekend @ MGM. Have seen Darth Vader & Storm Troopers in the past a week afterwards & got pics.

Enjoy your trip, don't forget to have the kids rub Humphrey's belly for luck!

No, we've never been to WCC before and I'm looking forward to seeing Wilderness Lodge. Have fun at CR -- we have a reservation on the 27th actually that I need to cancel since we won't be going to Epcot that day after all.

By the way, who is Humphrey and why are they supposed to rub his belly?

Chelley00
05-25-2007, 05:25 PM
WAHOOOO...to all who are going from September 17-22 and attending the MNSSHP on the 21st and wearing your pins....

We'll be at WDW Sept 16-22 and at MNSSHP on the 21st!

Lisaj68
05-25-2007, 05:40 PM
It's a SURPRISE, Christmas trip (12/20 - 12/29) to WDW for us!! We are not telling the kids until Thanksgiving! Agh! The suspense is killing me!!!

mrsheppo
05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
We're going December 4-11 and staying at Pop Century on the dining plan. Almost time to make those ADRs.:mickey: :minnie:

Soccer Princess
05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
We will be at the Beach Club Villas December 16-21. :) We are going to MVMCP on the 18th as well.

Arky
05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
We're going to Disneyland Nov. 4-8. I'm jealous of those of you who are going soon!

jnorth1007
05-26-2007, 10:42 PM
DH and I are going 9/30 - 10/7 and staying at POR. It is an anniversary 9/29 and my birthday 10/7 trip and our first trip together by ourselves EVER. We are going to MNSSHP on 10/4 and we are meeting up with people from Tour Guide Mike website for the annual Zag N Meet. Fun times.

DH, me, DD6, DD4 and DS3 as well as MIL, FIL and BIL are also going from 12/9 - 12/16 and staying at Pop Century. This will be trip 2 for my kids and my MIL and the first for my other inlaws. Wish me luck because BIL is schizophrenic and may cause me to become one by the end of the trip. DMIL is insistent that he come though so I may need pre-medication. :headache: We are also going to do MVMCP and Im not sure exactly what night yet.

nicholfamily5
05-28-2007, 09:41 PM
We'll be there 8/16-8/22. It's my family's first trip, and I've been there many times as a child. I can't wait to get back!

llgray16
05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
We will be back in the World Sept 22 - 29th and MNSSHP on 9/28. I really need to pick up on my rewards earnings as I changed resorts AGAIN and now have to come up with another $500 :eek: to pay for POFQ. I was going to stick with POP but I just have such an itch to stay at POFQ. Plus this may be my mom's last trip to WDW and I want it to be very special for her!

We LOVE WCC. It is alot of fun and both DH and I really enjoy the platter. We don't get over there often because I think it is a pain if you are staying anywhere other than WL or a monorail resort.

Tricia, is there still going to be a pin design contest. I really enjoy designing things and I would love to give it a shot!

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Tricia, is there still going to be a pin design contest. I really enjoy designing things and I would love to give it a shot!

I just completed it. Check it out!

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/buttoncontest.php

llgray16
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I just completed it. Check it out!

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/buttoncontest.php

Thanks! I've got photoimpact and and running right now :sunshine:

bs4free
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Woot Longest Trip yet 9/1 to 9/15 with first time to MNSSHP and a return this year to the Pin traders event, had to pass on NOJ was way too packed in 2005 to want to go back hope MNSSHP is not as bad!

kendra412
08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Er are going Sept 29 to OCt 7th, and then again in Dec, the 1st to the 7th. I love DVC, I am so spoiled now. :rotfl: