PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars & Disney Gift cards

aknight373
09-20-2007, 08:53 AM
exactly what is the difference ? we are going in january, I am staying on site this time, and we are only going for a very short time. We are planning on animal kingdom the day we arrive, the next day at epcot and then the day after not to sure because we will fly out that night.

but i guess which one would be better for us the gc or disney dollars ?

m 'n c
09-20-2007, 09:21 AM
disney will replace gift cards if they are lost/stolen. they won't replace disney dollars as they are just like cash dollars.

They basically work the same in the parks. disney dollars are accepted a few places disney gc's can not - ie the parade vendors and some small food carts.

andrea2289
09-20-2007, 10:06 AM
The last time we went, I cashed out $20 in DD so that I could each child one $5 bill for a souvenir/scrapbook. But we love the convenience of the gift cards and the kids liked them for spending because it is like a 'credit card' and there is no keeping up with cash/change!

destny72
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I like to have some disney dollars on hand for the places where they don't take the gift cards:)

disneynut
09-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I prefer the gift card and will get a few of the dollars just for the kids, they like having them and seem to understand the money thing with them than they do a piece of plastic. The gift cards are easier to keep up with and use. A few places did not take the gift cards but it was no big deal, usually just little carts. I used gift cards and the dollars for stocking stuffers, Easter baskets, birthday cards etc...... for the kids. It reminds them that we are going to see Mickey MOuse and they get their own spending money. So I get a gift out the way and I would have to give them spending money anyway, so I feel I actually get out ahead by giving them gift cards and such. I gave a gift I would have had to give anyway. KWIM???? I do McDonalds ones and such at Christmas and stuff too.

Anne
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I like the GC, too. But I did get a few disney dollars to give the kids for allowance when we get closer to our trip. That is going to be their spedning money. They also think it is pretty neat to have money with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on it. Not to mention the pirate ships on the dollar bills this year!!

dzneeprincss
09-28-2007, 07:47 AM
The last time I cashed out I chose Disney Dollars. I received my $20 in Disney Dollars just before I left for WDW. I was going to renew my wedding vows so I purchased our Mickey and Minnie wedding pins for my hubby and I.
Dzneeprincss:minnie: :mickey:

shades99
09-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I like the Disney Dollars better. I don't have to worry about demagnetizing those, and Disney give me US$$ back in change.

dzneeprincss
09-30-2007, 06:53 AM
I first took the dollars becasue at the time only certain places in WDW would accept the gift cards and I did not want to be limited to where I could spend it.
Dzneeprincss°O°

Nynaeve
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I recently cashed out for some Disney gift cards on 9-27. They still have not come in the mail yet! Do you think they should be here by now? I'm getting worried, because we've had issues with our mail being slow before, and the last GC I cashed out for came really quick. I'm just worried that they are lost, and all that hard work was for nothing. :(

bs4free
10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I recently cashed out for some Disney gift cards on 9-27. They still have not come in the mail yet! Do you think they should be here by now? I'm getting worried, because we've had issues with our mail being slow before, and the last GC I cashed out for came really quick. I'm just worried that they are lost, and all that hard work was for nothing. :(
Everything is probley ok... Trica usually sends out the Disney cards about every 10 days or so and it can take up to 2-3 weeks to get from the time you cashed out depending on when trica processes it and then its just the normal mail delivery.... I hope this has helped....

I know when i first cashed out it took around 2 weeks to get but my 4th cash out i got in a week! As a rule of thumb plan on it taking 2-3 weeks to arrive from when you cash out and if/when it comes sooner thats extra special....

Nynaeve
10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Everything is probley ok... Trica usually sends out the Disney cards about every 10 days or so and it can take up to 2-3 weeks to get from the time you cashed out depending on when trica processes it and then its just the normal mail delivery.... I hope this has helped....

I know when i first cashed out it took around 2 weeks to get but my 4th cash out i got in a week! As a rule of thumb plan on it taking 2-3 weeks to arrive from when you cash out and if/when it comes sooner thats extra special....

Thanks, that did make me feel better! I probably just got lucky with my first cash out then. I still have plenty of time, we don't leave until the 30th. Thanks!! :sunshine:

bs4free
10-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks, that did make me feel better! I probably just got lucky with my first cash out then. I still have plenty of time, we don't leave until the 30th. Thanks!! :sunshine:
Your welcome! I do hope you get your card soon, i know i always love when i open the mail box to find something form sunshine rewards its always a better day it seems...

askomsky
10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Don't forget Monday was a holiday, and throw in their move that could have delayed it a few days too.

Hope it gets there soon!
April