PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Disneyland.

ItsmeSunnyV
09-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Well Im off to Disneyland in the a.m :cooldance: I was originally supposed to leave Sunday afternoon, however we had a slight delay. :( BUT I am still trying to stay positive and look at the bright side as at least I can still go. We are going for my DD's 3rd Birthday (tomorrow) I am super excited, and ready to go. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel Concierge (never done the concierge, so I cant wait!) We will be back either Tuesday Night or maybe if I'm lucky Weds. Afternoon. ::Crossing my fingers:: We just had a little storm roll through, so weather should be pretty nice tomorrow. See ya all later...Dont have too much fun without me. :)

:minnie: Veronica

coastalgirl
09-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I hope y'all have a great trip!! Tell that little one Happy Birthday!!

Hedy
09-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Have fun! Happy birthday DD!

Mandi
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
We just got back on Friday. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were small. You're going to have a great time! Don't forget to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday. If you've never done it while it was overlayed with the holiday stuff, you'll love it!

Happy birthday to your daughter. :)

DisneyMa
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh, have a wonderful trip! The weather is beautiful and the Halloween stuffs is out:D!!!! Have a great trip and tell them I'm coming!!!! 9 days for us:mickey:

ItsmeSunnyV
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Im back!!! lol It was a very fun little trip for me and my family. And most of all it was extra special for my little girl. :love: I've never done any kind of Trip Report, but I will try. LOL

Okay so we got to the Disneyland Hotel at about 9 a.m Monday morning, the parks didn't open until 10 so we wanted to register, and go straight up to the concierge lounge, so we could stock up for our day at the park. We went in and were super excited, we had access to tons of snacks. :eat: We filled up our backpack, and were off to the park. Oh wait...while I was there, I mentioned to the Concierge desk that it was DD's Birthday, and that I wanted to make sure they still had my notes from my Ressies, that I would like an autograph picture of Cinderella waiting for DD when we returned from the park. They reassured me that everything was there, and that it wouldn't be a problem, and that in fact they could include some Balloons and buttons for DD. :cooldance: I was very excited.They also gave DD a Birthday button... And DH was a little embarrassed because I also had mentioned my notes upon Check in. =D I just wanted to make sure everything went as planned, I explained.

Okay so off to Disneyland. As we were there, on main street we decided to get our AP pic's taken. After that we went to wait on a bench for my mom and little brother to get there and meet up with us. While waiting on the bench I seen across the way by the fire station area, a bunch of people gathering, so I tell my hubby, "hey let's go see what's going on." When we got over there, it was MS. PUMPKIN, and her people, and they were singing away and about to start a parade with the Disneyland marching band, and they needed volunteers to help in the parade. -=D So my DS Adrian 6 raised his hand and was chosen to go first in line, and they were off, marching along the front of main street holding a cute little pumpkin sign. lol While once the Disneyland marching band was up in front of main street up on the steps, they needed a conductor for the band!! GUESS who was chosen?? lol Yup my baby boy. He was SO Excited! Not to mention Mom and Dad were ready to cry, because we know how special he felt up there holding his little wand thingy.Oh and Grandma was able to catch the whole thing!! And Especially his Uncle who is only 13 and he looks up to like OMG He is the coolest guy to him!! lol He would move it slow, and the band would play SLOW, and then he would move it fast and they would play super fast. It was very cool. I know this trip was for my DD's birthday, but I am so glad that he got that special moment. lol Okay so after all of that.We headed towards NEMO...oh lord 75 MINUTES wait??:eek: After a couple of "Come on MOM!!!" I said okay, and we waited in that very long line. It actually went pretty quick. And to be honest, I loved the NEMO ride! So did everyone that was with us. I know alot of people compare it to the older submarine ride, but I don't remember it too much, and I really like this one. After that, we went over to the Toll House Junior Chef area, I had read about this on the DIS, and my Son loves to cook, and sit on the counter as he watches other people cook, so I knew this was something he would like. It's were they allow a group of kids, to make homemade cookies from scratch, and the kids are the ones mixing the ingredients and everything. REALLY COOL! He loved it. As we were there waiting for him, my daughter pointed out Mary Poppins, and normally my DD will not take pictures with ANYONE. No characters what so ever. And I somehow convinced her to take a pic with Mary Poppins and Bert. She was So excited that everyone knew it was her Birthday and kept calling her Princess. ( Her button. And she was wearing a shirt that said Princess. LOL) After the Toll house cookie thing was done, the cast members gave all the kids some cookies that magically had baked in two minutes, in the back room. And called DD over and gave her a BIG Mickey shaped choc. chip cookie even though she was too young to help out with the baking. She was really happy. After this, we went on some more rides, ate lunch, and just pretty much walked around enjoying the Halloween decor. We made our way over to the new Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyers Island. Oh man, this was way cool. Tons of cool Pirate stuff over there. loved it! Later in the afternoon/evening we went back to the concierge lounge and re stocked up on snacks and bottle waters, and stuff. While there, I got my keys to my room, and we went to hang out in the room for about an hour. While there we sent DH to a local Vons to pick up a Birthday cake, we hid the cake in the little fridge. It was time to head back to the park for an hour, but we had my DH and the kids all go down 1st, and my mom and I stayed behind at the room, and hung up a couple of decorations, I had brought from home, and put out her gifts that my mom had brought her. It looked really cute, for the most part. We did with what we had. Ya know? While I was walking out with my mom to go meet up with our group, the housekeeping was about to go in my room, and was doing the turn down. I asked her if she could maybe do a towel animal or something, and she said she didnt know how.But that she could ask her friend to do it, that she knew how to create em. =) So I tipped her nicely, but didnt know what to expect when we returned.We headed back to the park till closing... At this point I had a bad feeling about the whole balloons and picture not showing up. I asked another Concierge cast member later in the night, when we were having our deserts in the lounge, and he said it had not been done, but that he was going to take care of it. We waited quite a while, went back to the room, and the housekeepers had made a really cute little Towel Birthday cake with a bunch of Disney Choc. coins all over it. They had placed the number 3 candle Dh had purchased for the real cake, on top. And put all of her presents around it. It looked SUPER cute!! She was So darn excited. lol We then opened presents,(tons of Hannah Montana stuff) and sang happy birthday with the whole blowing out the candles...After that, it was time for my mom and brother to head back home, and time for us to head to bed...... I will be adding pictures later....The next day, we just went to Disneyland again because DS and DH wanted to catch all of the big boy rides...and we wanted to catch the parade too...We came home late last night, and I am darn tired...so that's it for now. LOL ...Oh I forgot to add, that My daughter had a special delivery on Tues. Morning at like 6.am with balloons,buttons and a signed Tink picture.lol A day late, luckily she's only 3 and was super excited anyway.

DisneyMa
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
oh, sounds like you had fun!

I'm glad to hear you liked Nemo, even with a long wait time!

coastalgirl
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Aww V it sounds as if you all had a wonderful time!! Glad to hear she had a wonderful birthday!!!Can't wait to see some pictures!!

m4travels
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
So glad it was a good time, Veronica!!!
Michael

ItsmeSunnyV
09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
:cooldance: Check out my pics here...:cooldance:

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=85343720

Make sure you look all the way till the end, so you can see the super cool Disney carved Pumpkins!! lol

Hedy
09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Aww! :sunshine:

bbangel
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
What a great trip. I am craving a visit back to the 'land. I love the World but the Land holds my heart.

I don't think your DD smile could get any bigger in some of those pictures.

Those pumpkins are amazing.

ItsmeSunnyV
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
:sunshine: Thanks Guys!! :sunshine:

coastalgirl
09-26-2007, 07:34 PM
V your babies are so cute! And your little girl what a doll. Thanks for sharing the pictures, you have a beautiful family!!
Those have to be some of the coolest pumpkins I have ever seen!

ItsmeSunnyV
09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
V your babies are so cute! And your little girl what a doll. Thanks for sharing the pictures, you have a beautiful family!!

Thank you Lydia!!

Those have to be some of the coolest pumpkins I have ever seen! Aren't they?! I think I was more excited then the kids. LOL There was a lady right there, doing more as we were there. Really neat!