PDA

View Full Version : Any EBAY update

jeannejj
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Just wondering if there is any EBAY update on the problems getting credited? Should we still be using EBay link?

Thanks.

3dog2kidmom
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I did the ebay one last night and it just credited!!

January
05-22-2007, 01:05 PM
It has been weeks and ebay still has not credited me. :( I guess I will call it a loss.

kimntrent
05-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I have never gotten an ebay credit through here. I get them right and left under big crumbs.
________
AIRSOFT GREAT PELLETS (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/great-pellets)

jeannejj
05-22-2007, 04:32 PM
EBAY was supposedly having some kind of system problem, and asked SR to wait until it was resolved. That was back in late April, early May. I was just wondering if there was an update, as I had a big stake in getting the credit.

:confused:

SunshineGirl
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I got a couple more credits today. It's like they are slowly getting caught up on some of them. I'm still not satisfied with the results, though. I'm going to either have to get them to fix it or just pull them off completely.

sunshinemckenzie
05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
can we simply just redo it since we didn't get credit for it?

pattip03
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I made a small purchase Saturday 5/19 to check, I still do not see anything.:(

January
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Yay! I was credited this afternoon! This really made my day!:sunshine2:

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I signed up last week and placed a bid and lost and I got credit today! Yay! It seems that they may have gotten back on top of current credits and the problem now will be getting caught up on the ones that they missed. HTH!

mollyeilis
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I haven't gotten credit for signing up during the Issues, nor did I get credit for the purchase (trouble ticket made, is on hold until later). Approx 2 weeks ago I made another purchase, through the SR link (after clearing blah blah blah), and I have not seen anything pending. Can't decide if I want to do a TT for, what, 1% of 6 bucks...

:(

Pooh's Pal
06-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Okay...maybe a bit "off-topic" but am I missing something here with Ebay? I had seen the link for Ebay...assumed it was for new people signing up with an Ebay account...is it? or can I use the link to do bidding and selling? :confused:

mollyeilis
06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
If you don't belong, you can use the link and get, what was it?, 6 credits for signing up (and making a bid). There was a time when they weren't tracking people who signed up through SR, and those people are in limbo, not knowing if they will ever get credit. :(

After you sign up though, if you go through SR you get, I think, 1% of your purchases. I have not, however, seen that, either. :(

But I'm sure others have!

Nynaeve
06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Is this still working?
We've had an account there for years. If I make a new one with a different username and email address, would it still work? Thanks. :)

SunshineGirl
06-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I think that they track by personal information and IP address. So even if you have an account in your house that is in a spouse's name, they sometimes consider it to be the same signup. I had to create a second account for myself because I don't want to use my personal ebay account for my Sunshine Rewards ebay stuff that I do. And they did NOT pay for it.

Now that I switched out the links, I'm starting to see people getting paid the 1% back on bids. YEA! I've had more credits come through in the last week than I had all of March, April, and May combined. I'm still pursuing ebay on all of the credits from the OTHER link that they gave me that apparently did not track most of the purchases. But I'm at least happy that the new link is working.

Alice28
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
good to know that at least it's working now. still am hoping for my .56 though, that ebay owes me. :p

mollyeilis
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
How is IP address figured out? Say one had, hypothetically, moved out of one's old house and gotten a new computer, at the same time? Would it all still look the same to a company tracking IP addresses?

mollyeilis
06-03-2007, 01:08 PM
By the way, each time I post, the first time I click "post reply" it takes me to a "quick reply" screen, which means I have to back up and click again, or just erase the quick reply stuff in the reply box...it's very odd. I never click on quick reply, so to get the messaging that I've done so is obnoxious. You can pass that along to sunshineguy, I suppose. :)

Poor guy, gets back from Sweden to nothing but tech stuff!

SunshineGirl
06-03-2007, 03:22 PM
By the way, each time I post, the first time I click "post reply" it takes me to a "quick reply" screen, which means I have to back up and click again, or just erase the quick reply stuff in the reply box...it's very odd. I never click on quick reply, so to get the messaging that I've done so is obnoxious. You can pass that along to sunshineguy, I suppose. :)

Poor guy, gets back from Sweden to nothing but tech stuff!

Unfortunately, the forums are my responsibility. LOL! I've never heard of that happening. Maybe it is something in your Control Panel settings on here that you have it set to always Quick Reply?

mollyeilis
06-03-2007, 03:58 PM
I just checked, and I don't even see that option in the control panel! :confused:

This started AFTER I was already using Safari, so, unlike the other problem I noticed, I don't think it's a Mac thing...and if I go back to the email notification and click on the link again, it lets me do the normal reply.

When I just opened this thread, I clicked on the normal reply button, it took me to quick reply, and there was no 'back' arrow...it was like I was on the same page. WEIRD. Then I checked the usercp control panel area, then clicked on the thread anew, and clicking the normal reply button got me to the normal reply screen.

WEIRD. maybe we shouldn't think about this anymore, it started randomly and might resolve itself randomly!

i only pay attention to these things b/c I worked customer service at amazon.com when the reps were ALLOWED to talk customers through website problems, so I notice tiny details like that!

Nynaeve
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I think that they track by personal information and IP address. So even if you have an account in your house that is in a spouse's name, they sometimes consider it to be the same signup. I had to create a second account for myself because I don't want to use my personal ebay account for my Sunshine Rewards ebay stuff that I do. And they did NOT pay for it.

Thanks for the answer! :)
I may try it, just to see. We'll be moving soon too, so we'll have a new ISP. :cool: