PDA

View Full Version : Any Bank of America or MBNA users?

OregonGirlie
05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
So after my whole ordeal with paypal (using their virtual debit card) and getting a bunch of yucky charges (yet to be fixed), I decided to go another way with the paid offers. I was all set to do a paid credit card and my hubbie told me about shop safe through BofA. We have a CC and bank accounts through them. It is amazing. You set the amount that is allowed to be charged to the card ( I typically set it for 10 cents higher since some sites are weird and dont work if it's dead on. It's so much nicer than loggin on in the morning and seeing tons of pending high charges, waiting to see if they drop.

If anyone has a CC through MBNA or BofA, I highly reccomend them. And they're on top of fraud protection too. I've never used the cc I have until yesterday, and today I got a call to verify it was me since it was not normal activity for my account LOL.

Sorry to sound like a commercial - I promise I don't work for them, I just want to help any new people out, since the high pending charges freaked me out!

Peter
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Sweet :sunshine:

ShopSafe® is our free service for Online Banking customers that allows you to create a unique, temporary account number for online purchases. This number links to your real credit card number, keeping it private and protected.

How it works:
Shop online as you normally do. When it comes time to make your purchase, just log into ShopSafe, set your spending limit and expiration date and ShopSafe will generate a 16-digit temporary account number so you can complete your purchase–just as you would with a regular card.

To learn more and start using ShopSafe today, simply:

1. Return to Online Banking
2. Go to the Customer Service page, and click "Learn More about ShopSafe"
3. Then click "Use ShopSafe Now" when you're ready to go shopping.
Thanks!!!

keishashadow
05-23-2007, 08:05 AM
thanks for posting re BOA!

ever since i transferred my balance last year they've quit sending me info on products, etc.

will def. have to check it out.

sunmagic
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I have one but kind of quit using it since the Disney chase visa came into our house. But I think I'll dig it out and look into this.

nicholfamily5
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I do!! I found out about this option after I had my account FROZEN due to "weird Online activity" ooops....
So now I actually authorize the amounts, and I don't have to worry about the account being frozen again.

IMO one of the few things BoA has actually done right lately.