PDA

View Full Version : kind of a "duh" ? Re: Mousse / airplane

cglaura
09-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Can you pack mousse when flying? I looked on the TSA, says creams, gels, aerosol ok....is mousse considered aerosol?

I cut my hair tonight (took 13 :cry: inches off). I'm just too busy and frustrated to deal with long hair at the moment and was tired of putting it up all the time. So now it is a couple inches past my shoulders.

But anyway, I definitely need mousse w/ this hairstyle. So the reason for my question!

TIA

SunshineGirl
09-26-2007, 08:56 AM
You're wanting to bring it on the plane in your carryon?

cglaura
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Either / or. I know the carry on has to be 3.4 oz. I'm just worried about the pressure and it exploding or something. I've flown alot, but I've always used gels or frizz cream. I'm a mousse newbie :rotfl:

TIA!

Hedy
09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I'd think that if you can pack spray sunscreen in your suitcase and check it, you could pack mousse.

SunshineGirl
09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I haven't taken it in my carryon. But I do take my mousse in my regular luggage every time and it is fine. I think the luggage compartments are all pressurized the same as the regular cabin.

m 'n c
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
You can put it in your checked baggage. Just be sure to put it in a ziplock bag as it may burst.

cglaura
09-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I'd think that if you can pack spray sunscreen in your suitcase and check it, you could pack mousse.

Thanks! I was wondering about that also. My neighbor is a nurse and she rec'd a bunch of Coppertone samples and gave me a bottle of the Sport Spray, and a bunch of single lotion packets. I was hoping I could use the Sport on my trip for the sweat proof feature.

I haven't taken it in my carryon. But I do take my mousse in my regular luggage every time and it is fine. I think the luggage compartments are all pressurized the same as the regular cabin.

You can put it in your checked baggage. Just be sure to put it in a ziplock bag as it may burst.

Thanks guys! I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy it down there. Not renting a car, I could just imagine the price at Disney :rolleyes:

SunshineGirl
09-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I second what Catherine said about the ziplock. I ziplock every single thing that has any liquid or gel in it that I put in my suitcase. Even just putting things in a makeup bag doesn't seem to be enough. I put everything in something waterproof because you never know what happens behind those closed airplane doors. LOL!

m 'n c
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
If you have a container store or an academy nearby they have some great travel "bags" that are thick plastic and would be great for your trip. I belived the one I got came from Container Store and its a long thick plastic that can fit all my bottles in there. The thing at academy is more like a small travel bag but its all plastic compartments inside to fit your toilatries in there to prevent spillage. it also comes with a standard sized quart ziplock bag in a thick plastic as well. :)

cglaura
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Catherine, is this the store? http://www.containerstore.com I think I found some stuff there similar to what you were explaining.

Wasn't sure what to google for Academy, too broad a result range. Can you let me know if you have their website address?

We don't have either, "Just South of Nowhere" see, not kidding! We just this year got a Walmart. But last year was really big, we got a Lowes AND a Bed Bath Beyond :rotfl: No Olive Gardens, no Outbacks, nada. But we do have alot of nice local places. I'm in a tourist town, just outstide Cape May, so we are quaint, just don't get the biggies like Macy's etc. Our closest mall is over an hour away!

I do usually put everything in Zip bags, I had a conditioner bottle explode once, what a mess.

m 'n c
09-26-2007, 10:20 PM
yes that is the right address and they have shopping link on SR :)
this is similar to something my mom has http://images.containerstore.com/MEDIA/ProductCatalog/88047/HangingValetBlack_l.jpg

I have similar to the bottom thing in this photo but it is much longer http://images.containerstore.com/MEDIA/ProductCatalog/95389/TransVnylMshAcc_l.jpg

For Academy its the Sports store. academy.com (i think there is a shopping link) I can't find anything remotely close to what my mom has. I would stick with the container store.

cglaura
09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks so much for looking that stuff up for me Catherine. I will have to check them out. Thanks for pointing out the SR link too :)