PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express - need reservations?

TIAMOMMA
09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Just getting ready for our trip on October 20th. I have come accross conflicting info about the Magical Express. Our travel agent never advised that we needed to reserve space before arrival. I saw on one site you need to reserve 1-2 weeks ahead??! On another it showed 1 day. Has anyone used this lately? Did you need to reserve space or did you just show up at the desk? Thanks!

cglaura
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I just made a reservation online the other day. This is the confirmation email I received:

Thank you for using Disney's Magical Express! The Disney's Magical Express Airport Transportation Booklet will be mailed approximately 45 days prior to arrival at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. If this request was submitted within 10 days of arrival we cannot guarantee that the booklet will be mailed in time.

In the event that you do not receive your Disney's Magical Express booklet with luggage tags, here's what you will do upon arrival into Orlando. Take the airport tram to the main Terminal and proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center which is located on the B side of the airport on Level 1 (Ground Transportation). If you arrive on the A side, please proceed to the B side before taking the escalator or elevator down to level 1.

There will be Disney representatives located on Level 2 on both the A and B
sides of the airport to assist you with directions to the Disney Welcome Center. At the Welcome Center, you will receive all the necessary information for your transportation.

This is the website:
http://www.disneysmagicalexpress.com

This is my first time using ME, so I'm not sure if you HAVE to have a reservation, but guess it couldn't hurt to fill one out online to have w/ you at the airport.

m 'n c
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM
You have to have a ressie to get on ME. You should contact your TA and make sure that they have you booked on there (it is free through Disney) as you will have certain tags to put on your luggage. You also are given a book that is stamped by ME to show that you did indeed have a ressie and belong on a bus to a resort and can be allowed back on a bus on your departure date to get to the airport (it also has that time assigned to a ressie for you).

disney_girl
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't know if it has changed, but last year we did not make reservations. At the last minute we decided to use Magical Express. The CM's directed us to where we needed to give our information to get vouchers and said we would have to bring our luggage with us- which wasn't a problem.

TIAMOMMA
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks Everyone. We rec'd the luggage tags and stickers from the travel agent. Perhaps she already reserved it in our name. I guess it's time to check this out.

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks Everyone. We rec'd the luggage tags and stickers from the travel agent. Perhaps she already reserved it in our name. I guess it's time to check this out.

oh if you have stickers and such for your bags then you should be ok ME. Do your stickers have your resort name on them and your name? If so you should be set but you do need the booklet they mail that has everyone in your parties name so you can have it stamped at the counter.

disney_girl - maybe it depends on how busy they are and if they have a full bus to the resort? I was told you had to make ressies but it could just depend on who you talk to at WDW as to what you are told. I wish there was a bit of consistency over there.

disney_girl
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Very true- they didn't seem busy when we arrived. So, maybe they just squeezed us in. I would say definitely better to make reservations than miss out! It has actually been awhile since we used ME as we now get rental cars. So, I'm sure some things have changed as well!