PDA

View Full Version : Need a Disney Fix? Try these Disney recipes thread...

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a thread on any Disney recipes we may have to share. Eating the food that reminds us of Disney will help any Disney fix!!

:minnie: :mickey:

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:25 PM
1/2 c whipping cream
6 oz semisweet chocolate, cut up
1/3 c sugar
2 T butter
1/2 t vanilla
Dried egg whites
1/2 c whipping cream
Chocolate & caramel ice cream toppings
Chocolate sandwich cookies

In medium saucepan, cook & stir 1/2 c whipping cream, the chocolate, sugar & butter over low heat about 5 min or until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in vanilla.

In medium bowl, combine egg whites & enough water to equal 3 egg whites according to package directions; beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Fold in whipped cream. Cover; chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.

Drizzle 9 dessert plates with ice cream toppings. Top with a scoop (about 1/3 cup) of the chocolate mixture. Remove filling from sandwich cookies & discard. Place cookies in the chocolate mixture to resemble ears. Makes 9 (1/3 c) servings.

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
from Plaza Pavilion in Tomorrowland

1/4 c chocolate-flavored syrup
1/2 c carbnoated water
1/3 c vanilla ice cream

Pour chocolate-flavored syrup into a tall glass. Pour carbnoated water into glass; stirr well. Scoop ice cream into glass. Serve immediately. Makes 1 (about 8 oz) serving.

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
from Kona Cafe at the Poly

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 c half-and-half, light cream, or whipping cream
5 eggs
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c lemon juice

In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, half-and-half, eggs, and sugar. Whisk in lemon juice until mixed. Place eight 5 1/2 oz individual ceramic dishes or 6 oz custard cups in a shallow baking pan. Divide egg mixture among dishes. Place baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into pan around dishes halfway up sides.

Bake in 325 F oven for 40 to 45 min or until a knife inserted near the centers come out clean. Remove dishes from water. Coool completely on a wire rack. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. If desired, top with raspberries and pistachio nuts. Serves 8.

Kycha
09-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Yummy! Have you made any of these recipes? How did they turn out? I could really go for some of the lemon cream custard. I'm adding stuff to my grocery list right now.

linanglab
09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
That lemon custard sounds yuuuuummmmmy! Do you all have the Disney recipe book? I thought about getting it.

Magical JenK
09-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Kycha-I have not tried any of these recipes!

Angela-I don't have any of the cookbooks, although I almost bought one this trip....maybe next year. But see, I have a problem...I buy all these cookbooks with GREAT intentions of making things...and then they just sit on my counter!

All of the recipes I have are from some cooking magazines I had.

If anyone has the recipe for the BLT flatbread at Cali Grill, please post!! YUMMMM!! :0)

bbangel
09-27-2007, 02:07 PM
From Le Cellier

2 large baking potatoes
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of cream cheese

Mash together all ingredients. If it is a little dry you can add milk (this mainly depends on what kind of potatoes you used)

So yummy. I'm having some today for lunch.

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm trying Jen but I am finding every other recipe at disney when I do a search except yours!

Magical JenK
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm trying Jen but I am finding every other recipe at disney when I do a search except yours!

Oh thanks!! You're too kind! What's so sad is that when we were at Cali Grill, I asked the server if I could get the recipe & she said yes, we just need your email address. Well I didn't to do that until the next day!! :(

speechteachri
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
I have made this one. Vey easy and Oh So YUMMYYYYYY!

Strawberry Soup
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian

2 lb., 8 oz. strawberries (frozen variety, thawed with juice)
16 oz. heavy cream
2 oz. sour cream
3 oz. plain yogurt
8 oz. fresh strawberries

1. Mix first four ingredients.
2. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency.
3. Chill; shake well before serving.
4. Add fresh strawberries as garnish.

ligrumpygirl
09-27-2007, 07:21 PM
If anyone has the recipe for the BLT flatbread at Cali Grill, please post!! YUMMMM!! :0)

Sorry don't have it...but for a donation of airfare I will be more than happy to jet down there for some research for you! :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Did anyone see that chocolate pretzel recipe in the last DVC newsletter?

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 09:12 PM
As promised.......

3/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsps cornstarch
4 eggs
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsps Grand Marnier

For the white chocolate truffle:

6 ounces white chocolate
3 TBS heavy cream
3 TBS softened butter
2 TBS Grand Marnier

1. Melt butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
2. Add chocolate chips, heat until mixture is melted.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and beat well till combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine 4 eggs, 4 yolks, and Grand Marnier. Add this to the chocolate mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill overnight.

6. Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Add butter and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth. Cover and chill overnight.

7. Butter and flour six 5 ounce ramekins (custard cups). Fill 1/3 full with chilled chocolate mixture.

8. Add a rounded TBS of the truffle mixture. Fill to the top with the chocolate mixture.

9. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Let the cakes sit for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Run a knife around the edges to loosen.

Serves 6

Magical JenK
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry don't have it...but for a donation of airfare I will be more than happy to jet down there for some research for you! :rotfl:

Oooh good idea. I'll start asking for donations for you..:rotfl:

ligrumpygirl
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Oooh good idea. I'll start asking for donations for you..:rotfl:

Remember it's not for me...it's research for all my Sunshine friends! It is a sacrifice I am willing to make...

linanglab
09-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Remember it's not for me...it's research for all my Sunshine friends! It is a sacrifice I am willing to make...

If you need help, I would be glad to travel such a distance for the research. I have always thought research went better in teams. :)

ligrumpygirl
09-30-2007, 02:08 AM
But of course...:sunshine: