PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP

luvdisney
09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Has anyone been to the MNSSHP? My sister and I are taking the kids on Oct. 14th.:cooldance: This is the first time for us and we are very excited to go but not sure what to expect. What time can you get in? We are making costumes for the kids (this will be the first time that my DS4 will wear a costume(he has mild autism and wouldn't wear one before). Will the kids be able to go on the rides, is there time to fit it in with the trick or treating, parades and fireworks?

Nite0wl71
09-27-2007, 08:07 AM
We just got back from Disney and we went to MNNSHP on the 21st. It was myself, my friend and my DD14. We all dressed up, I was Wendy, my friend Ariel and my DD Jasmine.

We actually went that morning and rode the rides then during the party we only rode a few like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space etc.

We left around 3 and got back at 5, we had ADR's at 6 for LTT. We finished about 7 and the party was just starting.

Time goes so quick, we took a few character pictures and we hit all the candy places:love: Watched a few of the dances for a few minutes.

There are 2 parades, one at 8:15 and the other is 10:30, Hallowishes is at 9:30. They also have a small show on the castle stage with the Villians who come down for pictures afterwards. We went to the last one at 11:15.

I would post some pictures but I don't have them downloaded yet.

SunshineGirl
09-27-2007, 08:41 AM
I am so, so, so excited about this. I love MNSSHP! It was a little too busy for my taste last year (we went on a Friday night), so I am hoping the Sunday night is less crowded this year. I wanted to make some shirts through DisneyShopping, but they won't let you add your own text to the Halloween graphics. :(

ruledbymercury
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm going to MNSSHP tomorrow night! This is my first time. I hope it isn't too crowded, even though it is a Friday night. I'm hoping that because it's still September and we are still awhile away from the actual Halloween, it will be okay. Although I think if I survived December 26th at MK last year, I can deal with a semi-crowded MNSSHP.

DH and I ordered Jack and Sally t-shirts to wear and purple glowsticks to wear around our necks. I'm also going to wear my skull & crossbones headband that I wore to Pirate & Princess Party last February. We have 2:30 ADRs for Tony's prior to the party, which will be another first for me!

Unfortunately, I will be stuck at a two-hour mandatory staff meeting at work tomorrow morning (which I'm sure will drag, and drag, and drag...), but as soon as that's over, I'm rushing home and we're heading to WDW!

luvdisney
09-27-2007, 09:38 AM
We can't wait to go I got my date wrong we are going on Oct. 12th not the 14th. We will be driving down we are leaving on Thursday to get there on Fri (airfare would have been too much). We know that it will be a long drive but it should be worth it, especially to see the kids having fun. I just hope that it won't be too much for my DS 4. Sometimes he gets overwelmed when there is alot going on. Is the parade the same both times? If it is would we be better off waiting till the second one? Do you know what the Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party is? My DD 8 will be Alice in Wonderland for halloween.

disney_girl
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
We're going on Oct 4th- can't wait! It's a Thursday, so not sure how crowded it will be this time around. It's probably our 3rd or 4th time going.
Tricia, I was bummed about the shirts through Disneyshopping too- I wanted to add my own message! I did end up getting a Mickey and Friends Halloween graphic and it says something like Magical Memories. I just know it's going to be too hot for DS to want to stay in a costume so we're just doing the t-shirt this time. I'm all about comfort!
It's a good time to ride some of your favorite rides as well as the trick or treating. We generally spend time visiting the characters and having a good time!

Soccer Princess
09-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I am going to my first MNSSHP this Sunday!!!! :) I'm just wearing a Halloween shirt from Old Navy, as I'm going with no kids and want to be comfy AND it's still September! lol. My goal is to do all of the special Halloween stuff and make rides a second priority, with the exceptin of the HM. I am really excited about it and will post a report when I get home.

SunshineGirl
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
We can't wait to go I got my date wrong we are going on Oct. 12th not the 14th. We will be driving down we are leaving on Thursday to get there on Fri (airfare would have been too much). We know that it will be a long drive but it should be worth it, especially to see the kids having fun. I just hope that it won't be too much for my DS 4. Sometimes he gets overwelmed when there is alot going on. Is the parade the same both times? If it is would we be better off waiting till the second one? Do you know what the Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party is? My DD 8 will be Alice in Wonderland for halloween.

We drove a couple of years ago and it really wasn't too bad. :)

I *think* that the only difference in the two parades is that the Headless Horseman comes out during the first one. Which is really cool but if you blink, you'll miss it.

DD6 is being Alice as well!!! I *think* the treat party is the strip of trick or treating that starts with Alice where you wind around and they have big tea cups from the ride filled with candy. But I could be wrong. LOL!

Kycha
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I went in 2005. We were able to enter the park at 4:30pm. I think the party starts around 7 or so. We were able to ride a ton of rides in that time period.(We probably rode more rides in that hour and a half than we did on our regular MK day). Up until 6pm, there were no crowds. The rides were literally walk ons. But, after 6, the crowds got bigger and the lines longer. So, we made our way to dinner and then the parade. I also want to mention that not all the rides or restaurants are open during the party. I was really bummed to find out that Columbia Harbour House wasn't open. I really wanted that hummus sandwich, dangit.

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I am SO jealous of all of you!! :angel:

When we were there last week I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of Magic Kingdom (Main Street especially) all decked out for Halloween! :love:

I wish we would have done MNSSHP, we are going to make it a must for next year!

For some reason I thought you had to buy a Magic Kingdom ticket and a MNSSHP ticket to get into the party, so I thought it was way too expensive. Now I know better :blush:

I hope you all have a wonderful time and take lots of cool pics!! BTW, the refurbished Haunted Mansion is wonderful! I didn't notice alot of changes b/c it's been a few years since we went, but all of our favorites were still there (love those hitchiking ghosts!!) :)

schachteles
09-27-2007, 10:36 AM
We are going to MNSSHP for the first time on October 16th and then on the 18th!! I am so excited. Though I am a little nervous about the 18th because Florida kids are out of school on Friday, so there could be more locals there! POOH!! I wish I hadn't bought tickets for that night and gotten them for Sunday the 21st, but not much I can do now.

SunshineGirl
09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
I went in 2005. We were able to enter the park at 4:30pm. I think the party starts around 7 or so. We were able to ride a ton of rides in that time period.(We probably rode more rides in that hour and a half than we did on our regular MK day). Up until 6pm, there were no crowds. The rides were literally walk ons. But, after 6, the crowds got bigger and the lines longer. So, we made our way to dinner and then the parade. I also want to mention that not all the rides or restaurants are open during the party. I was really bummed to find out that Columbia Harbour House wasn't open. I really wanted that hummus sandwich, dangit.

That's a very good point about the food. We found ourselves pretty hungry by about 10pm last time and were really searching to see where we could grab a bit. I think I ended up eating a muffin on Main Street for dinner that night.

disney_girl
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, good point! I had forgotten about the food places being closed too! We waited until late to look for something to eat and there were not very many options! So, just make sure you plan your dinner/ snacks out for that night!

ruledbymercury
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty sure they start handing out wristbands for all the hard-ticket events (P&P, MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc) around 4pm. That's what I have read and experienced, anyways. We'll already be inside MK for our ADRs at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, so that won't be an issue for us this time. But we did get in quite early for P&P last February. We hit traffic and had some monorail issues, so didn't get there until 5:30, but we met friends there who were allowed in at 4 or so. It's nice to have those few extra hours before the party really starts!

I've already studied the MNSSHP park maps posted on the Dis, and saw that Aloha Isle will be closed. I'm a little bummed about that, since I was hoping to get a Dole Whip during the party. We'll have to get one for dessert after our late lunch at Tony's, before the party starts. :)

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
We LOVED MNSSHP last year. I believe you can go in around 4 pm. I second the suggestion of planning when you eat because we didn't realize that some places wouldn't be open so we ended up at Cosmic Rays I believe with the Stitch dance party (so we got to see stitch in costume). As far as everything else we rode a few rides and then mainly stalked characters. We did not trick or treat but there were many opportunities to do so.

The Alice thing is an area where all the Alice characters stand in the trick or treat trail and you can meet them as you trick or treat.

I think we watched the first parade and did see the headless horseman and then watched wishes from behind the castle (it was ok but I felt I was missing it) and then caught the villians show at 11 something. It was a lot of fun but man did I feel rushed. I was not prepared for what it would be but next year I should know better.

disney_girl
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
M 'n C... thanks for the reminder! I was trying to remember where we ended up being able to eat. We ate at Cosmic Ray's also and I remember the Stitch dance party. lol

sunshinecindy
09-27-2007, 12:03 PM
We went in around 5:00 and rode some rides. Then we got hungry before the parade and it was crazy trying to eat sitting on the curb and waiting for the parade to begin. People really need to control their kids, they were stepping all over us. My grandson was barely 3 at the time, and still today, he talks about the headless horsemen all the time. This year we are going on a sunday, so maybe it won't be as bad. last year it was actually sold out the night we were there.

bs4free
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I went to the first MNSSHP on 9/14/07 this year, it was my first, they will let you in at 4:00PM had dinner at LTT at 4:20 done by 6:00PM had time to do some rides untill the party started at 7PM just a note they will not put out the MNSSHP products, ie t-shirts and stuff out on the floor untill they know the store is cleared of everyone with out a wristband ie mnsshp ticket so if you want to shop i would wait untill latter in the party! The candy comes out at 7pm and is rather good! I think the party can be alot of fun unless it rains all night like it did for the most part on my night.The fireworks are great and the parade is good too! But at 12:00AM everything closes the candy is gone and all that is left to do is shops and to head home!

I do think it would be very hard to do the dance parties, face painting, rides, parades, fireworks, all in one night! and you still have the characters and photopass! too! It is a very busy night with lots to do! Have fun and enjoy! You might want to bring a large backpack for all the candy!

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I went to the first MNSSHP on 9/14/07 this year, it was my first, they will let you in at 4:00PM had dinner at LTT at 4:20 done by 6:00PM had time to do some rides untill the party started at 7PM just a note they will not put out the MNSSHP products, ie t-shirts and stuff out on the floor untill they know the store is cleared of everyone with out a wristband ie mnsshp ticket so if you want to shop i would wait untill latter in the party! The candy comes out at 7pm and is rather good! I think the party can be alot of fun unless it rains all night like it did for the most part on my night.The fireworks are great and the parade is good too! But at 12:00AM everything closes the candy is gone and all that is left to do is shops and to head home!

I do think it would be very hard to do the dance parties, face painting, rides, parades, fireworks, all in one night! and you still have the characters and photopass! too! It is a very busy night with lots to do! Have fun and enjoy! You might want to bring a large backpack for all the candy!

Ok, is it really that much candy??? And what kinds of candy??

Sorry, it's after lunch and all this talk of candy and Halloween has me thinking about running to Target for a bag of Mr. Goodbar's!! :)

bs4free
09-27-2007, 01:41 PM
we have been back for almost 2 weeks now! I know i need my trip report started lol

The Candy! We had 5 people but mostly just the two kids fetched the candy! we ended up with a full bookbag and we did not do much candy hunting since it was raining! We still have three large baskets full!

What was the candy!

Mary Janes
Skittles
Snickers
Butterfingers
Babyruths
Jollyranchers
Sour Patch Kids
Lots of Gummie Candys (you know the hamburgers, hot dogs and things like that)
mini gummie bears
Lollipops
Rasins
Milkway
and more!

Hint if the candy line is short keep going around and around they sometimes get tired of seeing you and just fill your bag so you will go away!

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
we have been back for almost 2 weeks now! I know i need my trip report started lol

The Candy! We had 5 people but mostly just the two kids fetched the candy! we ended up with a full bookbag and we did not do much candy hunting since it was raining! We still have three large baskets full!

What was the candy!

Mary Janes
Skittles
Snickers
Butterfingers
Babyruths
Jollyranchers
Sour Patch Kids
Lots of Gummie Candys (you know the hamburgers, hot dogs and things like that)
mini gummie bears
Lollipops
Rasins
Milkway
and more!

Hint if the candy line is short keep going around and around they sometimes get tired of seeing you and just fill your bag so you will go away!

I'll have to let my boys know for next year! :rotfl: That sounds like something my oldest son would do! :)

wdwabby
09-27-2007, 01:49 PM
we were there on the 14th as well, and despite the extremely soggy conditions, we loved it. All 3 of us dressed up (yup, 3 adults, you read that right) and had fun. The parade (sadly minus the headless horseman due to the wet pavement) was AWESOME as were Hallow-wishes. But even without the 2 hour or so chunk that we missed because of the rain, I can't imagine being able to get everything done! There's so much to do - if you have a chance to go, don't hesitate and just do it :)

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
we were there on the 14th as well, and despite the extremely soggy conditions, we loved it. All 3 of us dressed up (yup, 3 adults, you read that right) and had fun. The parade (sadly minus the headless horseman due to the wet pavement) was AWESOME as were Hallow-wishes. But even without the 2 hour or so chunk that we missed because of the rain, I can't imagine being able to get everything done! There's so much to do - if you have a chance to go, don't hesitate and just do it :)

There's no way that we will miss it next year!! :)

BTW, did you ever post of pic of your completed Belle costume or will we see you in it on your tr thread?

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
They have good candy and lots of it all around. It just depends on how important the candy is to you whether or not you want to spend a lot of time trick or treating. probably going down the alice trail is the best thing because you can get some candy while seeing alice and the gang and then move on the rest of the night away from the trick or treating.

Kycha
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, is it really that much candy??? And what kinds of candy??

Sorry, it's after lunch and all this talk of candy and Halloween has me thinking about running to Target for a bag of Mr. Goodbar's!! :)

They hand out bags when you enter. They are about the size of a brown paper lunch sack. We did not look to do any trick or treating. But, we saw two places that had no lines, so we took advantage of it. Most of the candy we got was during the parade. Our bags were full by the end of the night. Plus they had 2 huge pumpkin shaped bins at the entrance. So, we could just fill up if we wanted to.

Are there gonna be pictures in your trip report? I loved seeing the adults dressed in costume. DH and I had a blast dressed as Jafar and Malificent. It was very hot, but we had a great time anyway.

luvdisney
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Thank you for all the information. Now I think that the kids will have a better time than I first tought. We all can't wait to go.

shades99
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
We went to MNSSHP last year for the first time and we were so excited to find the rides were all walk-on that we missed most of the parade. We caught a glimpse of the headless horseman while sitting in Pecos Bill - which - by the way was open and fairly empty until at least 9pm on the night we were there.

Since then, we have been to the Pirate and Princess Party and have learned that we missed out on a chunk of what we were paying for during the Halloween party - the special parade.

We are local now and do all of the special parties and what I'd recommend to anybody doing any special event - whether it is the Halloween, Pirate, and/or Christmas parties - view the parade. Even if you don't normally stop for parades during your visit, if you think you will even remotely enjoy watching one - these (especially the Halloween and the Pirate party) are the best parades in the MK all year long.

Mainstreet is also way cool during the Halloween party and very festive during the Christmas party. If you can plan a treat stop, this is the time to do it on Main Street. The bakery has always been open & the hotdog place, and the icecream place when we have been there on special nights.

Oh - and definitely stop to watch the fireworks! You can't really miss them because they totally light up the sky!

If you have little ones that are still in their trick-or-treating years - these parties offer the coolest treat collecting they will ever experience. The lines were long while we were there - but, don't know if it is that way every night of the special parties since we go on Fridays.

If your trip is short, you may want to take advantage of the very short ride lines - typically walk on - including Space Mountain. Even on the nights the events are sold out, the MK has a lighter crowd than any other time I see it during the entire year and we go there a lot.

For us, we like to soak up the special ambiance. We still go on a few rides, but - we stop to enjoy the special one-night stuff.