PDA

View Full Version : help with e-mail not crediting please

wedgeL
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I just got and e-mail earlier to go and update my profile, I did as instructed (or so I thought), and even added to my profile for the 10¢, I did not get credit, was I supose to do something besides go through the link and update?
Thanks for any assistance...:sunshine2:

spring
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I just got and e-mail earlier to go and update my profile, I did as instructed (or so I thought), and even added to my profile for the 10¢, I did not get credit, was I supose to do something besides go through the link and update?
Thanks for any assistance...:sunshine2:

I'm no expert, but I did receive credit. I went into User CP, clicked on Edit Profile, and hit Save Changes at the bottom of the page. I immediately got credit. If this is what you did, I'm not sure why you didn't get credit.:confused:

wedgeL
09-27-2007, 06:18 PM
thats what I did, I read what you did tried it again and still not working...
dang... it shows the changes made also so wierd. I did it on IE so maybe its because I had to copy and past the link over from aol... I don't have the least idea... thanks for trying to help...

Kycha
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Did you go through the link in the e-mail? The first time I updated my profile I did not use the link, and did not receive credit. I tried again, going through the link, and got credit right away.

spring
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I am so sorry I wasn't able to help. I'm only marginally computer literate. Can you not click over from AOL e-mail to open SR? I only use Internet Explorer for doing surveys, but I use MSN frequently for the rest of the site without any difficulties. I just clicked on the link in my hotmail account and it brought me to SR.:(

wedgeL
09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I tried ALL of the above, I use mostly IE for doing pointsites and other stuff also, and I thought we we not supose to use AOL for SunshineRewards so have always used IE, I also have always gotten credit for clicking on the e-mails for 1¢ so have no idea whats wrong... thanks for the help and ideas everyone....:sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
09-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't know if this helps, but here is how this offer works:

When you click on the special link in the email, it sets a cookie in your computer. As long as you update your profile with ANYTHING within 1 hour, the profile page will find that cookie on your computer and give you the credit instantly.

If you do that and it does NOT credit, it means that either your security settings are too high to accept the cookie or your page is not loading up all of the images completely.

The good news is that you can try it as many times as it takes until you get the credit. It's a good test for some of you who have had trouble getting credits on offers. Maybe try changing your security settings?

wedgeL
09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
I have changed settings, made sure everything was fully loaded, done EVEVERYTHING possible, this is the first time I have not gotten credit through and e-mail... if I put my setting any lower I will have no settings!!!
I tried, I give up... thanks for all the help and suggestions it was appriciated.:sunshine2:

wedgeL
09-28-2007, 08:55 AM
I had a lightbulb moment and got out my laptop and guess what it credited first time out... NOW the security is set high and all kinds of stuff on my laptop since my dh does use this sometimes when on the road for company business so it was just a thought... a good one it worked. WHY??? I have not the first clue... but it worked... thanks all....:cooldance:

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I had a lightbulb moment and got out my laptop and guess what it credited first time out... NOW the security is set high and all kinds of stuff on my laptop since my dh does use this sometimes when on the road for company business so it was just a thought... a good one it worked. WHY??? I have not the first clue... but it worked... thanks all....:cooldance:

glad you got it to work. I was pondering what the next suggestion would be but I was at a loss as I'm sure you were. I've found a few times that just getting on a different computer will make things work. Never know.

spring
09-28-2007, 06:14 PM

I'm sooo glad that changing computers made the difference. It still doesn't explain what the problem with your other computer was, but it did give you the .10 credits and affirmed that you were doing everything right.

Perhaps your DH will have trouble taking his computer on the road?? It may already be in use for SR?:rotfl:

wedgeL
09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
You made me smile... yes my laptop is on standby for SR now... but its mine I loan it to him !!! I was a good girl and he bought it to me for my birthday last year, I like it and its nice to have a back up but I much prefer my desktop...:angel: