PDA

View Full Version : just booked with the discount code!

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 09:16 AM
i just got off the phone with disney, booked using the discount code posted on here somewhere. Thank you!

we are arriving 9 dec and departing 13 dec
staying at All Stars Movie
i have been trying to stay at the movies for years, but something always comes up and makes that impossible.

i got one adr for the storybook princess lunch. no luck for the castly yet.

this trip is only my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter and myself.

i got the ticket for the mickey merry christmas party also.

this is really a wonderful thing, with the discount for the room, my granddaughter only being 2 and we are not doing the dinning plan, this trip is really affordable!

now i better go look at ticket prices.

i guess i will be cashing out sooner than i thought i would. my sr rewards is paying for 1/5 of the room cost, or 2 towel souveniers or lots of counter service meals, or our princess story book lunch or or or oh my i am just so flippin excited!

Hedy
09-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Awesome! When are you going to MVMCP? I'm going to be there the same time!

LuvMyBoys
09-28-2007, 09:23 AM
i just got off the phone with disney, booked using the discount code posted on here somewhere. Thank you!

we are arriving 9 dec and departing 13 dec
staying at All Stars Movie
i have been trying to stay at the movies for years, but something always comes up and makes that impossible.

i got one adr for the storybook princess lunch. no luck for the castly yet.

this trip is only my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter and myself.

i got the ticket for the mickey merry christmas party also.

this is really a wonderful thing, with the discount for the room, my granddaughter only being 2 and we are not doing the dinning plan, this trip is really affordable!

now i better go look at ticket prices.

i guess i will be cashing out sooner than i thought i would. my sr rewards is paying for 1/5 of the room cost, or 2 towel souveniers or lots of counter service meals, or our princess story book lunch or or or oh my i am just so flippin excited!

What a fun trip!! I bet you girls will have a wonderful time :)

We stayed at the All Star Movies last week and we liked it alot. My DS3 is a HUGE Herbie fan and he was in love with the Herbie building. He was so excited to see the actual life sized Herbie, he was sad that he couldn't drive it home! :rotfl:

I hope you post about the MVMCP, I've never been and I would love to hear about and see pics! :love:

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
thanks everyone.

our christmas party is on the 9th of dec. this was the best i could do for this short noticed trip.

we arrived on the 9th, check in 3 pm, but from what i hear you can start going to the party at 4. i really need to do some more checking so i know how many day tickets i will need.

do you know if you need the magic kingdom ticket in addition to the party ticket? or can you get in the park with just the party ticket.

anyway this will be out first event for our day of arrival.

monday dec 10 we will do epcot in the morning with the living seas, turtle talk and nemo, then the princess story book lunch, then the kids station for making a mask around the world.
.. back to the room for a lunch, and rest.
.. then animal kingdom for the rest of the day. nemo and lion king show and rafiki watch and some just walking around stuff.
..hotel to sleep and relax.

tues 11 dec: magic kingdom day, all of the fantansy land and toon town magic, as many characters greeting as we can find. story time with ariel or belle or who ever it is. the train ride, magic carpets and hopefully find the genie. the bird show and bear show. that should pretty much do it for us.
oh we will be looking for her own disney towel. this is the main reason we are going! LOL my granddaughter wants her own towel so bad. hehehe

wed 12 dec: mgm day. beauty and beast, little mermaid, and as many characters as possible. maybe the backlot tour, and movie ride, muppets 3-d.
and the parade. that will probably be about it for her here also.

i may get park hopper tickets so if she wants to go back to something we can.

i made the ressies for the story book princess lunch, but no luck with cindy's castle yet. i am going to keep trying for that one.

this should be pretty good for a first time visit for a little girl 2 1/2 yrs old.

the funny part is that it will cost me more money to get there and back as the whole trip once there. we are taking the train. love the train.

cglaura
09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
How exciting! Sounds like it will be fun for you both.

MVMCP: You don't need a separate park ticket, just the party ticket, so long as you are only going after the allowed time to get in.

We have tickets for the same night, so if you see an SR pin floating around say "Hey!"

I am hoping a Sunday night will be less crowded (not that it is overly crowded otherwise). School night for locals, travel day for Sun-Sun visits, etc. I don't know if there is any real logic in that thinking, but it makes me feel good :)

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 02:58 PM
where do i get the sr pins?

and if you see a little red head with just 1 adult female with her, that will be me.

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
where do i get the sr pins?

and if you see a little red head with just 1 adult female with her, that will be me.

They are a redemption option. I think $1.50. Also we have a designated MHPC from home depot (sunny spot or laser beam) if you would like to go that route.

I am excited for your trip with your granddaughter. I wish that my grandparents would have been more involved with my brother and I when we were younger but they were not. You & your gd will cherish this trip forever.

I think you will just need 3 park hopper tix as you won't need tix for the mvmcp since you have those tix for that day and when I went to the halloween party last year we were allowed in at 4pm. I have never been to AS Movies but I think we are staying there next trip. I look forward to your review on the resort.

I had dinner with the princesses at Norway and loved it. The food is very good and "normal" once you ask the waitress/waiter what it is exactly and they are very nice about your questions. I had a lot of "stupid" questions about the menu and the waitress was excellent in describing the items, very patient with me, never once thinking I was an idiot, and made sure I'd get something I'd like. If you can't get the castle you will enjoy this lunch. We had a total of 5 princesses there with us.

coastalgirl
09-28-2007, 04:11 PM
How sweet! The 2 of you are going to have so much fun. My little girl is that age and she just loves it there. We were really surprised with her with Wishes. She loved it. She was amazed by the fireworks. She loved Little Mermaid at MGM, any ride she could get on, and the Safari at AK. How great to get to go at Christmas. We have never been that time of year. Y'all are going to have so much fun. And to get to ride the train-how cool!! Another meal she might like is the one at MGM-Play and Dine. My little girl loves Jojo-and the Einsteins and she had so much fun with them. We also did Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. So if she likes characters those are great ones!

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I saw you mention something about characters and Genie. If you have trouble finding him I have heard he does meets in Morrocco in the afternoons with Aladdin. I think you can have a CM call the character hotline to see where he is meeting when you are there and what times.

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 04:57 PM
i have tried all day and still can't get that castle, but i did get the Cinderella Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian! This will work.. I think we have our princesses down now. plus i can always call everyday and hope a canx comes in for the castle.

I have never been for christmas either, so this will be a first, plus i have never been at the movies either. i have been so consumed with this today, that i have only tried one offer here. which by the way still hasn't posted.

I am thinking about taking my laptop with me, so i can give some trip reports while i am there. oh but wait, you guys probably would not want that huh? LOL

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
oh thanks for the advise. my son and i saw the genie at magic kingdom by the magic carpet ride. but in any case, i can't wait now.

you guys will get used to me as the wife that never tells her husband anything, til after the fact. so with that in mind, hehehe, i still haven't told hubby. i really need to soon though.