PDA

View Full Version : I am so loving the Disney gift cards!!!!

3dog2kidmom
05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I hope they never go away. This is a great way to save for our trips!!

SunshineGirl
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm optimistic that not only will they not go away, but we will be able to offer bigger discounts again. We are now working directly with the gift card distributing people at Disney and bypassing Disney.com. As soon as I can raise a little more cashflow, I'll be able to get a discount on the cards so that we can do a big cashout.

PSL1013
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Whoo Hoo, I'm ready! :clap:

3dog2kidmom
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Oh I can't wait!!! I'll be racking up credits in preparation!

mommyoftwinfants
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
WoooHoooo!!!!!:party:

Joni
05-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Ooohhh - I can't wait - better get busy and boost my total so I can cash out for more!! :)

Magical JenK
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
What a wonderful news to start the day! Thanks Tricia!

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
That is great news!!!! Thanks for working so hard Tricia!

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh fantastic! I just started a thread with that question! That is awesome news!

I love the cards! The disney dollars are really cute and I always get a few just to have but I really think the gift cards are easier!

:party:

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh fantastic! I just started a thread with that question! That is awesome news!

I love the cards! The disney dollars are really cute and I always get a few just to have but I really think the gift cards are easier!

:party:

Don't forget there is a .25 charge for Disney Dollars redemption now. Makes those gift cards even more tempting to me! I'm cheap with my free money, what can I say lol! :)

SunshineGirl
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't forget there is a .25 charge for Disney Dollars redemption now. Makes those gift cards even more tempting to me! I'm cheap with my free money, what can I say lol! :)

You know, I really hated doing that. I waffled back and forth and back and forth. But Disney Dollars were getting lost in the mail, and people were getting really angry with me. If I can convince people to cash out for Disney Gift Cards (at least the big cashouts), I think that they will be much happier if they get lost because we do try to record all of the gift card numbers.

I've been having about $1000 in Disney Dollar cashouts a week lately. If you divide that by $20 per envelope, it was a TON of postage! On the flip side, I can send out $300 in gift cards in one envelope.

Soccer Princess
05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh Tricia, I completely understand why you did that! I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining! I've personally always gotten gft cards b/c they are easier to carry around. I think everyone understands why you changed it! I think it's generous that you still offer both the DD and GC options. :)

JillyFish
05-02-2007, 02:48 PM
That's GREAT news!!! I missed the last special Disney cashout and I've been waiting and waiting!

Woo Hoo!!! :cooldance:

Alice28
05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Love the gift cards too- I am racking up for a cashout too, even though our next trip isn't til January. I actually have 2 trips to save for, so as soon as I 'dogear' about $500 for DL, I need to start saving for WDW for 6/08. :party:

Alice28
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I think it's good to charge for postage for them. I know I had some lost way back last summer and I was sooooo bummed. I gladly would even pay for some sort of delivery confirmation with the Disney Dollars. But I'm sticking to gift cards for now.

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I never thought about them getting lost. I would pay for delivery conformation gladly better safe then sorry!

I don't think $.25 is bad at all.

I try to cash out first with the gift cards and then do the dollars

wilsonfamily4
05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I like both DD and DGC. I like the cards to pay off things but my husband really enjoys the dollars for his spending. So I try and do both. I am lucky enough to be about an hour from a disney store so I also buy DISNEY dollars there. I cannot wait to start saving or Disney again. I get all jealous listening to you all saving your disney money up. I am saving up for Christmas this year but in 2008 I will save for Disney again. I am hoping there will be good cashouts then too. :(

~Kathie
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Looking forward to the cashouts. Thanks!

Mom2aPrincess
05-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm think I'm going to cash out for the Gift Cards and then use part of them to go buy the Dollars in a Disney Store....Seems like a safer method...I have to have those dollars though...my daughter will do almost ANYTHING :rotfl: for a Disney Dollar.

sunmagic
05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
What was the final story on using gift cards at the WDW resorts.

Will the front desk take them now? Restaurants?

Soccer Princess
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
What was the final story on using gift cards at the WDW resorts.

Will the front desk take them now? Restaurants?

Yes they will take them in stores, restaurants, and for any hotel charges (including room payment):)

andrea2289
05-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I had wondered about that myself. My kids are older, 16 and 17, so they might be off on their own at the resort sometimes. I wanted to give each of them a DGC for their spending money and didn't want them to be somewhere and not be able to use it. It sounds like the DGC can be used just about everywhere?

missymagic
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I currently have enough gift cards to buy my oldest daughter's park hopper for Dec!! She is now and adult price!!! Working on the younger one now couple months to go!!