PDA

View Full Version : Cashout Dilemma!

kristenrice
01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I am so excited!!

I made my goal of $100 by Feb. 1! I made it so much sooner than I thought so now I am not sure what to do.

We leave for WDW on April 1 (driving) so if I cash out to PayPal, I will need to do so by the end of January. If I wait until Feb, then I will not have the funds in my PP account until March 30. That will not leave me time to move the money to my checking account and access it before we leave.

My plan is to put my SR money towards a Disney gift card. I already have 2 different gift cards that I am taking so, ideally, I'd like to add funds to one of those instead of getting more.

Now, here's my dilemma: I am currently at $115 in earnings. I am sure that I can hit at least $125 (or more:love:) by the end of January. Here are the options I am weighing....

1) Cash out now for a $100 Disney GC and just let the rest grow for my next trip, hopefully in 2011
2) Keep going and wait until the end of January and cash in for $125 (or more;))in Disney Gift Cards
3) Cash out at the end of January for PayPal and add the cash to one of the gift cards I already have

I am always looking for the best use of my rewards so there are a few things I need to consider. First, I have about $400 MORE in my vacation fund than what I will need for our trip in April so I am already into the "play money" department. Second, I am trying to earn about $700 by October 2011 so that I can go to F&W with my BFF. Since I never thought I'd even hit $100, I am trying to decide if I should just cash out for the $100 GC and put the rest towards 2011. Finally, I need to figure out how much it will "cost" me in PayPal fees. I know that there was an amount taken out last time, but I don't remember what it was.

I never thought I would earn this much doing SR! It has provided me with such a fantastic opportunity to earn money for Disney trips. Now that we have our DVC membership, the SR money will help towards our meals and tickets. I wish I would have gotten going a lot sooner!

:thanks:

Blessing and Miracle
01-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Congratualtions!! Wow. Seems like whatever decision you decide will be okay since it's all play money at this point. :) I think I would cashout at the end of January and take the cash with me. You can never go wrong with extra cash. Whatever you decide, I'm sure will be fine. :)

m 'n c
01-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I would cash out on January 31st for your full balance then apply the cash to your gift cards. There is no longer a fee with paypal so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

kristenrice
01-13-2010, 01:00 AM
I would cash out on January 31st for your full balance then apply the cash to your gift cards. There is no longer a fee with paypal so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

Ohhh....that is SOOOOO good to hear!:party:

That fee was sticking in my craw for some reason. Now, my decision is so much easier. I will definitely cash out for the cash and add it to the $50 gift card I already have. Thanks!

mmm611
01-13-2010, 09:02 AM

just be aware that if you have earnings from completing offers that say No Paypal Cashout, you might have to play around with your numbers and lower them a bit from your full balance. I'd try for the full balance first, then play around if you need to. Congrats!