PDA

View Full Version : A mother's Proud Moment...NOT

linanglab
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Well...it is all in fun. This week is Spirit week at school. Each day they have something "fun" to dress as. Dress up day, Jersey Day, etc. Today was Crazy Hair day. My almost 13 year old boy did his own hair. It was fabulous. 3 ponytails throughout. To top it off, he placed a 4 inch by 2 inch bow right close to his forehead. I truly have a pretty little boy....

I took pictures. As soon as I can, I will post the picture.

What a proud moment it was watching my masculine athlete strut his cute little bow out my door....

SunshineGirl
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm impressed that he was secure enough in himself to do that. I can imagine a lot of the boys his age being totally freaked out at the idea of doing something "different."

Hedy
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm impressed that he was secure enough in himself to do that. I can imagine a lot of the boys his age being totally freaked out at the idea of doing something "different."

Seriously. That's a pretty gutsy (in the good way) kiddo you got there.

linanglab
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
So far my kids don't worry TOO much about what others think. Then again, we go to a VERY small school. My oldest will graduate with a whopping 22 kids. So all of these kids have ALWAYS been together. They are almost like family.

Magical JenK
10-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh how fun! I loved spirit week! It was so fun to do those things AND to get out of the uniform!! Yes, please post the photos!

linanglab
10-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Just so you understand my child....Here are pics from Halloween last year. Yes...he is a boy. I was so afraid people would think he was a girl because he has such small facial features, plus he hasn't "bloomed" yet. (I keep checking under his armpits for hair , totally embarrassing him LOL!)

So here are my son's picture of Halloween last year...please know, he is a very good athlete, but obviously is confident in his masculinity!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/linanglab/06costume1.jpg

He plays the part well too, don't you think? He has my animation! Just a bunch of hams!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/linanglab/06costume5.jpg

His brother would only be caught dead, or alive in a tough looking costume!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/linanglab/06costume8.jpg

Here is him and his girlfriend (don't get me started on the whole girlfriend thing because he is MY baby and should only want to be with ME). They swapped clothes for Halloween.

Cant wait to use this picture for graduation!

nolacindy
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I love it! Thats fantastic that he can have so much fun and not worry what everyone else thinks. Cant wait to see the Spirit week pics!

disneynut
10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Love them. He looks so cute.:) Makes a good girl. Glad he has enough confidence to wear that. I think it is awesome. Cant wait to see the pics from today. :sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
LOL That is too funny...And like the others have said, that is also VERY cool, that he is not shy and tons of confidence in himself to not care what other people think!! I love Last years pictures!! LOL He even has the Girl's hand gestures down..LOL

Sherri
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
That's really cute :)

wilsonfamily4
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I love seeing pictures of SR kids. Those are really good pictures. Looks like he likes to have a good time. :)

bs4free
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Did i miss todays carzy hair photo?

linanglab
10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Did i miss todays carzy hair photo?

Have not posted the one from today yet. Have to figure out how to do that from my digital to my computer without a CD.

bs4free
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Have not posted the one from today yet. Have to figure out how to do that from my digital to my computer without a CD.
Well if i had to guess your camera would use a usb cable to connect to your computer and then you could copy the photos to your computer and then put them online on photobuckt to share with us. What is your cameras make and model, and i will try and find out exactly how it works for your camera!

linanglab
10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, here is my 12 year old son (13 in December) with his lovely bow for crazy hair day. Isn't he pretty?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/linanglab/AR20071009_000602.jpg

bs4free
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the photo... it was crazy...

ItsmeSunnyV
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Awwww Very BEAUTIFUL!!!!

pbhall13
10-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Angela

love those pictures..........it reminds me when we use to have my brother dress as the bride and we (my sister and I) were the grooms. Those pictures are priceless today!!!! Not so much for my brother, but my sister and I sure split a gut when we see them. (My brother hates to admit that he use to love wearing my moms wedding gown (this is the same boy who use to strut around the neighborhood == without my mom knowing== in boxer shorts and cowboy boots).

Good for your son having fun. That is what spirit week is all about!!!!! Can't wait for this years spirit week pictures.

Pamela

speechteachri
10-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I LOVE the pictures!!! They cracked me up!!! Your son must be quite a ham!

thanks for posting!:rotfl: