PDA

View Full Version : What I used most of my disney giftcards for...

mollyeilis
10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
(edited the title to ask others what they did, especially while visiting Disney!!!)

I forgot to mention this when we got back from Disneyland, so I am now. :)

Most of the credits that are shown in my signature banner were turned into Disney Gift Cards. Some of the balance of the cards was used to get me a bathing suit and two dresses (all Mickey prints of various kinds) from disneyshopping.com (which I earned MORE credits for).

But the bulk of the SR rewards were used...to upgrade from our parkhoppers to Disneyland Annual Passports! Yay!

And we were SO lucky, because I was just going to wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Then I realized that even the Deluxe APs give you 10% off most food there, so we upgraded on the 19th. Lo and behold, when we got back, I found out that they had raised all admission prices on the 21st! I was just in time! Otherwise we would have used ALL the gift cards, plus some wallet-money, b/c it would have been $60 more (total). Thank goodness we upgraded on the 19th!

So thank you SR, for being around so I could earn those credits, and get those dresses and bathing suit, plus the ability for us to go to DL several times this year without needing to worry about TICKETs. :sunshine: :sunshine2:

coastalgirl
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
That's wonderful! You put them to very good use.

bs4free
10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
WOOT Thats a great use of SR credits and Disngy Gc's Enjoy many many happy trips this year to DL!!!!!

SunshineGirl
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
How cool is that?? Thanks so much for posting what you used your rewards for. I love to hear it!!

docsmom
10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
We got back last Friday from a week at WDW. I took $400 in Disney GC and to be honest, quite a bit was spent on my new passion....mango margaritas!! :p We were also able to order some rather expensive wine with dinner that we probably would not have tried otherwise.

And, of course there were a couple of t-shirts, souvenirs, and a new 2007 scrapbook for all the photos!

So, thanks SR....our trip was extra magical.:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
10-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I used mine for the wine tasting. We spent 180.00 in the park, and 70.00 at Spoodles. Since our hotel room didn't take Disney GC, I sold them to the couple we were with, so that was applied to my room and they had GC for in the park, so it worked out very well. Don't you just love free vacations or the extras you can get that you would not normally do without the GCs. Oh ya, the remaining amount went for Halloween costumes for the two grandsons.

mollyeilis
10-04-2007, 11:45 PM
That's a whole lotta wine! :p

cglaura
10-05-2007, 01:43 AM
I used mine for 4 MVMCP tickets for our upcoming trip. I also have one set aside for Ra's gift card b-day surprise at her Garden Grille dinner, and my next cashout will be for a gift card for her friend who is joining us. Then I'm hoping to get another squeezed in to help pay for the Garden Grille!!

Hi! I'm Laura! I am the face of carpal tunnel clicky fingeritis. :rotfl:

Thanks Tricia, Cindy and Kevin! :cooldance:

bbangel
10-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Just back, used my cards to pay for MNSSHP and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Used what was left to pay for a few meals in the parks. So nice to not have to spend "real" money!

disney_girl
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
We just got back Sunday. We used our GC's for MNSSHP tickets and Chef Mickey's as well as about 80% of our food and souvies for the week. I'm sure it would have gone a little further if we hadn't gone crazy buying stuff for DS. BUT, we tackled some Christmas presents for him (Disney Racer cars and the Mickey Star Wars figures) so that was great also!! We still had gift cards to use up to about Saturday night, so it was an awesome feeling!!! :cooldance:

Since DH had to use the internet for work, I made sure to get in my daily survey every day and I'm working on what I can for next year's trips!!! I know we're doing WDW/ Cruise in October and trying to plan a short trip earlier in the year when the baby is about 6 months old. So, gotta get busy with my SRing!!!:sunshine:

Hedy
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I used all of the ones I've earned so for in paying off part of my package last night-it was enough to cover almost 2 nights at POFQ. :)

tarheelpat
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
When we took my son down to start the Disney College Program in August, DH, his brothers and I had an extravagent lunch at Fulton's while he was in orientation. When we visit him at the end of the month, we'll use the ones I'm cashing out for next week for the booths at the Food and Wine Festival.

When we returned in August, we had a $25 giftcard leftover. My goal was to add $75 but preferably $100 to that by our mid-fall trip. When I got to $100, I changed the goal to $125. Now, if I have a good Sunshining week this week, cashing out for $150 is a definite possibility.:sunshine:

Magical JenK
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
I bought lots w/my Disney gift cards in September!! It was great fun to get everything I wanted...ok, maybe not everything! But I got a couple t-shirts, socks, a watch, shirts for DH, sweatshirt, hat, oooh & my favorite....a pot holder that is shaped like Mickey's hand! :p

Thanks SR!! DH & I really enjoyed spending the rewards!!

Lisaj68
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
With this upcoming cashout, I will be getting a $200 gc !!! I can't believe it! Nowhere in my wildest dreams did I ever think THAT would happen when I signed up for SR not that long ago!!

In addition, I already have $125 in g.c. from the last cashout.

My goal between this cashout and mid December is a $50 g.c., but who knows????????

mmm611
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Well, I haven't cashed out for Disney, but I've been debating what to use my SR money for. I did cash out for a Kohl's GC last week. When that gets here, I'm using it to buy two sweaters I have my eye on.

I was thinking about it today. I think I'm going to make a Paypal deposit at the end of the month. I have this rubber ducky fabric that I'm going to use to make a quilt for my bed. I was saying that I would wait to start that until my job situation improved, but since that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon and I REALLY want my ducks out, I'm going to start that pretty soon. The deposit will be used to pay a coworker to quilt it for me. She did the one on my bed now and gets what I don't have the patience to deal with. Depending on when it gets finished, I may see about putting that in the quilt show in January. Ironically, my dog inspired the whole ducky quilt. She had a stuffed quacking duck that was her favorite toy until she passed away very suddenly last October.

mollyeilis
10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Aw, that's a nice way to use SR funds! A memorial quilt sounds really sweet.

When you use your gift cards, be sure to go through SR. Some companies let you earn SR while using gift cards, and there is something so wonderful in that I can't even express the words...:p

mseg16222
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I have cashed out about 200 in Disney cash to give to my kids at special occassions to have to spend at Disney. They each get 100 and are told that they have 20 a day and if they want something over that to not spend all of their money everyday. I wll have over 600 in gift cards and I haven't decided what to put that towards. My husband said to save for spending money there but I have till next year to make up my mind.

coastalgirl
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds like you will have a nice chunk of change to spend!! :cooldance:
And lucky kids. They will have so much fun spending their money! When we went my 9 yr old had saved $150 of his own money and he had a blast spending it. It was crazy the things he bought.

I cashed out for some disney dollars for my niece and nephew and a GC for their very first trip last month. Of course I am their favorite aunt! :love: Plus we are saving for our trip in February. I can't wait to spend my SR money!

mom2dea
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Well I have not cashed out for Disney but I did cash out 150.00 for walmart when we moved in March for new things for the house , then the next 125.00 walmart cards went to help buy flooring for our DS room at sams club , then this past 50.00 was walmart also and it was for last min baby items .
Soon I am cashing out for 2-10.00 blocbuster cards for christmas presents and I hope to cash out for movie tickets for my kids stockings IF they come back . Then I am hopping to save enough to ge my parents and Dh parents gift cards to a restruant as part of there christmas gift .

So no Disney here but we have had fun speding money that did not come out of the budget !

DisneyMa
10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Well we just got back from Disneyland and I had $100. in SR GC's!! Wow! That was so awesome!! I went to Company D and spent all my GC $$. I got a ton of Christmas presents and "I need that" stuff for me:D I walked out with 5 huge bags and it didn't cost me anything:D

So, I'll be saving up for our next trip! I love to shop with someone else's money:D:cooldance:

arob414
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
My cards are going to pay for our reservations at POFC. I have made an initial $400 payment.

Alice28
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Just got back from DL last night, and I had $160 in SR rewards to spend on that trip.

We bought 2 breakfasts (counter service), and a TON of pins! It was fun just spending the gift cards on something fun- DH got an Americana Lanyard filled with American Disney pins and he bought a few more, and we got pins for our kids for their lanyards. :cooldance:

Came home to another $150 in gift cards for our next trip. I'm thinking that will cover dinner at Ohana and a counter service lunch somewhere too. :sunshine:

My goal is another $450 before next May.

fauntleroyfan
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
So I am gathering that I can use the gift cards to pay for my 10 park hopper passes?

If that is the case, I am really excited.

I can get a ten day park hopper with no expiration and the water park fun option which gives me 10 water park days for $500

That breaks down to 20 days for 25 dollars a day. And we get to use them over many trips.

I can really start to knock off some of that amount.
:cooldance: