PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining

Lowie
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
is anyone going to disney during free dining? have your ADR's yet? share with me, i have one more TS i need to fill (not in a park).

SunshineGirl
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm not going for free dining but do plan on using DDP in October. What do you have so far?

Lowie
05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
each adult that is going got to pick one place. our friend chose planet hollywood (for the fried lasagna), his wife hasn't chosen yet but gave me her vote, my dh picked whispering canyon cafe and i took Kona Cafe. we were going to do concourse steakhouse but i've been ready not so great stuff about it.

chocovrdmicears
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
We will be there for :heart: free dining. This will be our third year!

I am an obsessive, over-organized planner so I made my ADR's back in April!:sunshine2: Here's where we are going:

1. LeCellier in Canada ~ This will be or 2nd time. Love the cheese soup.:love:
2. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary for dinner before heading over to the MNSSHP.
3. Crystal Palace for breakfast....(breakfast lasagne another :love: )
4. Sci-Fi and MGM for lunch. ~ not to thrilled about this one but my ds4 will love it there.
5. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner (never been!)
6. Coral Reef for lunch (never been!)
7. Nine Dragons in China. We love this place.The Honey Sesame Chicken is so so yummy!

chocovrdmicears
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
oh! by the way...we stayed at the Poly last 2 years...are you going to Kona for break, lunch or dinner?

chocovrdmicears
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
sorry...just read your were looking for "outside" the parks :blush:
Boma is an amazing experience.

luvdisney00
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Now you've got me obsessing about ADR's again! I made mine back in Feb for our July trip. We don't have free dining, but we do have DDP....

Ohana dinner on arrival night
LTT dinner
Coral Reef dinner
50's Prime time dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
CRT dinner
Cape May Cafe breakfast (may change his one, we leave for the airport at 4pm and we may want lunch instead)

What do all of you Disney experts think? The only one I've been to before is CRT and let's be honest, you go there for the atmosphere more than the food. DD4 is a Cinderella nut and will love this one!

krg1968
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
We are doing O'hana, Liberty Tree Tavern, Coral Reef, Tony's, and Boma

These are all new for us this trip so we are excited. We watched the Disney Weddings on Food Network and they ate at O'hana, it got us all jazzed up.

I have my ADRs, but things could change. I'm on the lookout for low airfare so we don't have to do the 20 hour drive.

If you're looking for out of the parks, I think you have a lot of fun choices. Pick a restaurant in a fun location or with a fun theme. We are really looking forward to visiting the Polynesian and AK Resorts.

Have fun!

wilsonfamily4
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
We did Ohana on our arrival night. Since we are on the west coast we got in a little later and so we knew we wouldn't hit a park. It was great!! We were able to see wishes and the food was wonderful. So it was a great start to a Disney feeling vacation. I think we will do that again next time we go.

Now you've got me obsessing about ADR's again! I made mine back in Feb for our July trip. We don't have free dining, but we do have DDP....

Ohana dinner on arrival night
LTT dinner
Coral Reef dinner
50's Prime time dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
CRT dinner
Cape May Cafe breakfast (may change his one, we leave for the airport at 4pm and we may want lunch instead)

What do all of you Disney experts think? The only one I've been to before is CRT and let's be honest, you go there for the atmosphere more than the food. DD4 is a Cinderella nut and will love this one!

3dog2kidmom
05-25-2007, 07:54 AM
We're not going for free dining, but are going next month with the DDP. Here's what we have to spark an idea or two (me, DD8, friend, her DD8 and DS5):

1900 Park Fare dinner on arrival night
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
Rainforest Cafe at AK
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Chef Mickey's

If you haven't been to 'Ohana, that is my number one all time favorite of anyplace we've been so far. Try to time it so you are there during Wishes, and get there early for your ADR and ask for a window table and tell them you'll wait for one. We loved the food, the fun, and the atmosphere. Okay, now I'm sad we're not going there next month.... hmmm.

Magical JenK
05-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Ohhhh you're all getting me really hungry this morning!! :0)

3rd year free dining here too! Can't wait! I made our ADRs back in April too & am now just thinking of changing one...just one I swear!! :sunshine2:

We'll be there Sept 4th-15th, staying at CSR. We'll be there for our anniversary! :love:

All for dinner expcept where noted (like you all care....):
Liberty Tree Tavern (1st night tradition)
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Turf Club
California Grill (Anniversary dinner!!)
Momma Melrose
CRT (lunch)
Kona Cafe
Concourse Steakhouse
Coral Reef
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace (breakfast--last day tradition)

I'm thinking of changing Concourse to Boma...just don't know how DH would like it, but would love to see AKL!! Actually, that's where we were staying until free dining came out & then the accountant in me decided it would be finanically wiser to save not only dining money, but also hotel money...I'm just so sensible sometimes!!

Yummmmm....better go have my oatmeal & diet coke now!!
Happy Friday everyone!

tcarr5
05-25-2007, 02:35 PM
i'll be there for free dining :cooldance: here's what we chose :)

Sunday, August 26
Dinner: Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom *
7:00 pm

Monday, August 27
Dinner: San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot
5:30 pm

Tuesday, August 28
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge Resort
8:20 pm

Wednesday, August 29
Dinner: Princess Storybook Dinner at Akershus in Norway at Epcot * **
6:25 pm

Thursday, August 30
Dinner: 50’s Prime Time Café in MGM Studios
4:45 pm

Friday, August 31
Dinner: Rainforest Café at the Animal Kingdom
5:30 pm – Not on the dining plan

Saturday, September 1
Dinner: Chefs de France in France at Epcot
5:30 pm

Chelley00
05-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Another free dining girl here. Right now we have all our ADR's set for us+4 kids, but we are debating leaving the kids and taking a couples only trip (if I can get past the guilt!) If we do that, we'll rearrange some of the character meals to something more grown up

Sept 16 Garden Grill
Sept 17 Crystal Palace dinner
Sept 18 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg
Sept 19 Coral Reef
Sept 20 Chef Mickey's
Sept 21 Ohana before MNSSHP