PDA

View Full Version : WDW "Must Do" List

SunshineGirl
05-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I see in the signature lines a number of people who are going to WDW for the first time. Let's make them a list of "Must Do"'s in Walt Disney World. And keep in mind, friends, that reasonable minds can differ. :mickey:

I'll start with "Wishes." Some version of it...(MNSSHP being my favorite). But definitely planning to see Wishes.

tweety129s
05-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I would say plan one character meal. They come to you and I feel there is more interaction with them rather that just waiting in line for a picture.

Soccer Princess
05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
We must watch Illuminations and Fantasmic (in addition to Wishes). We love the nighttime shows at WDW! :)

luvdisney
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I would say plan one character meal. They come to you and I feel there is more interaction with them rather that just waiting in line for a picture.

One character meal that is really good for the interaction is Chef Mickey's. We did 4 character meals last year and this was the best in terms of characters. They made a point of getting everyone up and have fun with them.

pattip03
05-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Hoop De Doo! Hoop De Doo!:eat:

PSL1013
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
We go to Disney to EAT! :rotfl: Make sure to make PS way in advance!!

mom2dea
05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
MUST havea Pinnapple float !!!! Also I MUST have a french loaf .... Oh my mouth is watering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT Yes when your pregnant all you think about is FOOD

Sarah

kerry34
05-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Must have a mickey bar:mickey: they are soooo good!!!

wilsonfamily4
05-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Mickey's Philharmagic

luvdisney00
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Keep the ideas coming.....I'm not going for the first time, but it is the first time in 7 years.....I can't wait for July!!!! :love:

Soccer Princess
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
For eating, we must eat at Le Cellier!!! :) We also love to snack our way around the World Showcase. (You can substitute snack with drink if you choose ;))

3dog2kidmom
05-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Must ride Expedition Everest!!!

KinziePooh
05-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I have way too many "must do's" but the main ones are...Soarin' and Illuminations. As far as food, Le Cellier, dole whip float and school bread.

Joni
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Philharmagic!!
What's school bread?

pattip03
05-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Hmmmmm....
Where do you get school bread and what is it? :mickey:

Soccer Princess
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
School bread is found in Norway in the WS at Epcot. :) I copied this description from a poster on the DIS "It is a round bread that is a little sweet and has coconut on the outside. The inside has a custard filling, similar to a custard filled donut (not creme filled) I think there is a little icing or something on the outside of the bread to get the coconut to stick. I'd say about 5-6 inches in diameter."

pattip03
05-24-2007, 06:01 PM
We never get past the big sweet pretzels in Norway! :)
Sounds like my husband would :heart: school bread. He loves coconut!
We'll definately look for it next trip.
Thanks for the info.

wilsonfamily4
05-24-2007, 07:11 PM
School bread is found in Norway in the WS at Epcot. :) I copied this description from a poster on the DIS "It is a round bread that is a little sweet and has coconut on the outside. The inside has a custard filling, similar to a custard filled donut (not creme filled) I think there is a little icing or something on the outside of the bread to get the coconut to stick. I'd say about 5-6 inches in diameter."

O, my goodness. I want to go now. I have to wait 19 months!!! YUMMY. I tried the dolewhip last time and was disappointed but this sounds like heaven

KinziePooh
05-25-2007, 12:06 AM
O, my goodness. I want to go now. I have to wait 19 months!!! YUMMY. I tried the dolewhip last time and was disappointed but this sounds like heaven

Oh it is, I wasn't sure I'd like it but it was soooo good.

this is school bread...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/junebug8/100_0141.jpg

bbangel
05-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom.

Joni
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Kali River Rapids

tcarr5
05-25-2007, 02:39 PM

this is school bread...

omg!!!!!!!!!!!! drooling here:eat:

tcarr5
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
ooops forgot to leave a tip :blush:
hmmmm...........

wow this one is hard-theres just so much!

oh----

make sure you try the Italian soda "Beverly" in Club Cool (epcot) :angel:

wilsonfamily4
05-25-2007, 05:40 PM

this is school bread...

O, MY. How can I get back to WDW sooner!! LOOKS so good.

Thank you for the picture

Anna
05-27-2007, 01:57 AM
We go to Disney to EAT! :rotfl: Make sure to make PS way in advance!!

Boy, you just described us! :love: We live for dining at WDW! PS are a must!

We always do many character meals. Fantasmic is a must see with us!

Going to Beaches and Cream and getting the Kitchen Sink is something everyone should do at least once. Wow...what a dessert!!!

Of course, we have so much fun planning too!

The Cheshire Cat
05-27-2007, 01:02 PM
We have many must do's every trip:

Wishes
Splash Mountain
Mickey's Philharmonic
Thunder Mountain

One Character meal

Lapu Lapu drink (huge alcoholic drink served in a pineapple with a straw and umbrella)

We love eating at the Garden Grill in Epcot with Chip & Dale

Blizzard Beach

shopping dtd

Love watching the electric water parade

Love taking a monorail ride!!!!!

mmiller711
05-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Soarin' I just love it!! I also can't wait to see the new Nemo ride at Epcot and the Nemo show at AK!!

speechteachri
05-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Epcot:
Soarin'
Turtle talk with Crush (in the Living Seas)
School Bread!!!

MK:
Mickey's Philharmagic
Space Mountain

MGM:
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Fantasmic

AK:
Festival of the Lion King

General:
Ride in the front of the Monorail!

Those were our favorites on our first ever thrip to WDW two summers ago. I'm sure we'll have more favs after out second ever trip to WDW in July!!

Tasha228
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, geez, there are so many I can think of!

I'll give you my top 3:

Ride POTC
Ride the monorail
Watch Spectromagic parade

Trisha818
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
We must see Wishes and eat a Mickey Bar! YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!

m 'n c
06-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh I love the chocolate covered frozen bananas at AK. They are heavenly. I forgot about the dole whip and I'm just dying for one next year. A small portion of my SR earnings will go towards a dole whip. I didn't try the school bread due to the coconut but I had something else there that was to die for - so much better than the dessert I had in France.

My must do is Fantasmic, Rock n Roller Coaster, Soarin, Kali River Rapids, and the teacups. I am devastated if I don't ride the teacups. They are my absolute favorite.

Now on for some tips... If you get suckered into pin trading like bf and I go to the market place in DTD and buy the cuties sets. 6 pins for $25 is a steal and the CMs will trade for those with you. Then just buy the pins you really want so you don't have to worry about trading for a specific pin and becoming obsessed.

Character meals were a pleasant surprise for us. We did 3 last year and next year we are planning more. They were just soo much fun and we loved playing with the characters while we ate. It was just a nice relaxing thing for us. I think I did my ressies at 90 days out but I will be doing mine for 180 days out next time to try and get the castle. :)

dreamer13079
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
It's Tough to be a Bug at AK
Country hopping at night at Epcot (one of my favorite things to do, so beautiful and so delicious :) )

kimntrent
06-27-2007, 12:51 AM
For some reason Malstrom, Mexico, and the Land are must do's for me. This year we are planning on going to the Corn dog drive through. I saw it on the travel channel with Great Hotels. If anyone hasn't seen these you just gotta.

Kim
________
Ecstasy Rehab Advice (http://www.rehab-forum.com/ecstasy-rehab/)

coastalgirl
06-27-2007, 01:42 AM
My son and I do the Magic Kingdom Trifecta: all 3 mountains at least once
we love the pretzels, (they are as big as his head)
I must ride the teacups and POC(these remind me of being a little kid again)
SEE OFF KILTER:cooldance: we love to kick back with a drink and a snack and watch them. I think our dd is their youngest fan:)
Nemo and the Lion King at AK, the wait in line stinks, but are well worth it
Snorkeling at Typhoon Lagoon!! DS loves to say he swam with sharks!!

TOT at MGM, it is really spectactular at night when the doors open and you see all the lights!

3dog2kidmom
06-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Must ride Expedition Everest!!!

Just back... I have to add some new favorites!

All the mountains at MK
Pineapple floats at the Dole Whip place

And what really surprised me and rejuvenated the kids were the Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Boneyard play areas at MGM and AK.

We loved Whispering Canyon Cafe, and if you have plenty of time some free evening, it's fun to check out the singalong and campfire at Fort Wilderness.

2mickeys1minnie
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Splash Mountain, POTC (my favorite) and Test Track are all must do's for us. Also, no trip would be complete w/o a trip to the character breakfast at Crystal Palace - the puffed french toast is fabulous!:)

m 'n c
07-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Just back... I have to add some new favorites!

All the mountains at MK
Pineapple floats at the Dole Whip place

And what really surprised me and rejuvenated the kids were the Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Boneyard play areas at MGM and AK.

We loved Whispering Canyon Cafe, and if you have plenty of time some free evening, it's fun to check out the singalong and campfire at Fort Wilderness.

Oh I'm so jealous you found a pineapple float. When I finally found the shop it was closed due to MNSSHP. I don't understand why it wasn't open during the event. I was so sad.

2mickeys1minnie
07-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Oooh I forgot to add Fantasmic - we love it!!!:)

mseg16222
07-02-2007, 09:53 PM
It's Tough to be a Bug at AK and the Lion King show. My kids got to be part of the show (Lion King) and they also got to open up the park at AK the first da we were there last year. And at MK we rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Rollercoaster a million times.

Next year is a long time to wait........:( At least we have 3 days at US and IOA .........

3dog2kidmom
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh I'm so jealous you found a pineapple float. When I finally found the shop it was closed due to MNSSHP. I don't understand why it wasn't open during the event. I was so sad.

It's so funny... we were walking around and I just happened to look up and see the place. I said to my friend, who must have thought I was nuts, "we have to get a dole whip here!!" Didn't add the part about "all the DIS thinks their the best" though... :rotfl:

Now that I know where they are, I'll make it a point to stop there!

CindyS
07-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Even though my kids are all now teenagers, the first thing they always ask is which character meals are we doing. :rotfl:

Weluvdisny
07-04-2007, 06:42 PM
We must:

Ride Big Thunder (with your hands in the air the whole time), Splash and Space

Eat at Pecos Bill's

Get pictures of everyone in different hats in Epcot

m 'n c
07-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Even though my kids are all now teenagers, the first thing they always ask is which character meals are we doing. :rotfl:

BF and I are the same way. We are only doing character meals next trip with the exception of Biergarten. :)

I like the idea of the different hats in epcot. We might have to try that next year.

faithhope
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
We have always had minimal time in Disney... so I've missed alot of the extras. I'd like to plan an "extra" (something besides a ride) with my "extra" money thanks to SR.

My girls are 10 & 6, and we will be going in early December to WDW.

- is dinner reservation/reserved seating for fantasmic worth it?

-What character dining is available?
we have done crystal palace and have liked it (it has become a ritual to eat lunch there every trip)... I've seen a few posts mention chef mickey's.... what other ones are there??

- can I use Gift Cards for Cirque du Soleil?

Thanks for the tips and ideas
Faith

chipndale
07-06-2007, 04:45 PM
The Tower of Terror - I have my dd5 hooked on it. We road it several times during our May trip.

Also, the picnic punch at The Prime Time.

Mom2aPrincess
07-13-2007, 04:46 PM
We have always had minimal time in Disney... so I've missed alot of the extras. I'd like to plan an "extra" (something besides a ride) with my "extra" money thanks to SR.

My girls are 10 & 6, and we will be going in early December to WDW.

- is dinner reservation/reserved seating for fantasmic worth it?

-What character dining is available?
we have done crystal palace and have liked it (it has become a ritual to eat lunch there every trip)... I've seen a few posts mention chef mickey's.... what other ones are there??

- can I use Gift Cards for Cirque du Soleil?

Thanks for the tips and ideas
Faith

I would say it depends on the crowds as far as the dinner reservation for Fantasmic....We went in July last time and it was busy so I wished we had as my daughter was 5 and not all that patient...This year we're going in December (19th-30th) and I'm worried about crowds again so we are DEFINITLY doing the dining package. This was my daughters FAVORITE of the night time festivities (we acutally watched it 3 times in a 5 day trip)!

There's several character dining locations..let's see what I can think of off the top of my head.....We like Chef Mickey's too. Also Liberty Tree Tavern. Norway in Epcot has a princess meal as well as the castle at MK and 1900 Park Fare. Also you can do Ohana's for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Donald's Breakfastsaurus at Animal Kingdom. I'm sure I'm leaving some out...but this should give you a good start. :)

Mom2aPrincess
07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok..now for our favorites....

1. Fantasmic (like I mentioned earlier, my daughter :heart: this show). I actually have us 2 Fantasmic Dining Packages booked for December. :rotfl:

2. Beaches & Cream ice cream!!! Can you say WOW??!!

3. Tea Cups, Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids

4. Drinking at several countries around Epcot... yum!

5. I have to second all those that mentioned character meals too...they are great!!