PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian

schaery
02-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I just booked my Dec. vacation at The Polynesian - Gardenview room. (with my 40% off postcard. First time I've ever gotten a postcard with a special discount.):banana: I've read quite a few reviews about the different buildings, and I know everyone probably has their own favorite for various reasons. So, please tell me your favorite gardenview building, and why. Thanks.

3dog2kidmom
02-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Samoa, 3rd floor, volcano pool side. Two visits to the Poly, twice in the same room. LOVED IT!! If you sit out on the balcony and lean WAAAY over you could almost see the castle. Even though this is a garden view room, you do get a view of the lagoon from the balcony too.

Congrats on your discount!!! :cooldance:

m 'n c
02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats on booking a vacation. I love the feeling right after because it starts to feel "real". I hope you have a great time. I've never stayed there but I enjoy visiting the resort.

Love2Shop
02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Congrats on booking-I'm so excited for you! I don't have any advice on a room though, I love the Poly (especially Ohana's) but I have never stayed there! What are your dates?

SunshineGirl
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
We're looking at staying there for our anniversary in June and were thinking about a room with a view of the castle just for that night (we'll be at WL with the kids for the 7 nights prior). We got a PIN, but I can't figure out if it is worth the money or not!

schaery
02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Samoa, 3rd floor, volcano pool side. Two visits to the Poly, twice in the same room. LOVED IT!! If you sit out on the balcony and lean WAAAY over you could almost see the castle. Even though this is a garden view room, you do get a view of the lagoon from the balcony too.

I think Samoa and Tokelau seem to be the favorites from what I've been reading. Thanks.

Congrats on booking-I'm so excited for you! I don't have any advice on a room though, I love the Poly (especially Ohana's) but I have never stayed there! What are your dates?

SOOOOO LOOOOONG from now is when. Actually 11/28 - 12/4 are our dates. Just in time to catch MVMCP.

We're looking at staying there for our anniversary in June and were thinking about a room with a view of the castle just for that night (we'll be at WL with the kids for the 7 nights prior). We got a PIN, but I can't figure out if it is worth the money or not!

I didn't even check out prices on WL although I thought about it afterwards. I've just always wanted to stay at one of the MK resorts, but maybe one day I'll get another postcard and check out WL. I think that will be a wonderful place to spend an anniversary. DH and I had our anniversary dinner at Artist POinte 2 years ago. It was wonderful. Thank heaven for the dining plan or we'd still be there washing dishes.

PSL1013
02-12-2010, 09:58 AM

For celebrating an anniversary for a night it is!!!! but it would depend on if it was minus the kids or not? :blush: Go for it, it's only money and you only live once :D

lkat
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
We went last year. I requested Tokelau but we were placed in Rapa Nuie with a GV room. It was PERFECT! I can't remember the exact room number :) but we were on the 3rd floor facing paths and landscaping, but the BEST PART was that we could see the fireworks from our room/ balcony!!!! No castle, but it was so much fun for the kids (and us) to have that view. Also only took us about 1 minute to walk to the TTC from there. Nice and quiet too since we weren't over by Luau Cove! Apparently we lucked out b/c the other side of the hallway in Rapa Nuie looked out at the parking lot!

We're staying there again this May and I haven't requested anything in particular yet, but I'm thinking about at least asking to be closer to the TTC and not by the Cove...hmmmm, decisions, decisions...:)

You'll have fun there regardless! It's an incredible resort!

TxAggies
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I just booked my Dec. vacation at The Polynesian - Gardenview room. (with my 40% off postcard. First time I've ever gotten a postcard with a special discount.):banana: I've read quite a few reviews about the different buildings, and I know everyone probably has their own favorite for various reasons. So, please tell me your favorite gardenview building, and why. Thanks.

You will love the Polynesian! Have you looked at a map of the resort? That might help you in making your decision... for example, do you want to be near the Great Ceremonial House or closer to the Ticket & Transportation Center? Also, some of the buildings don't have full balconies on the 2nd floor, (I can't recall which off the top of my head) so if you definitely want a balcony, that might be worth researching.

I will second this exact recommendation! We were in the same location one year and absolutely loved it! Then another time, we were in Samoa, 3rd floor, but facing the quiet pool. It was not as good a view because there was a large tree obstructing almost everything. But last year, we were in Fiji, 3rd floor, facing the luau cove. We really enjoyed that building too!

Happy planning and researching! To me, that is a big part of the fun!

Pooh's Pal
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Congrats on the Pin Code and Using it!!
Have you seen Tikiman's site...full of great Poly info! http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

I stayed in Tahiti once a few years ago...we had a garden view room, BUT down the stairs and out to the beach to watch the evening MK fireworks. Awesome view.

Congrats again!

luvdisney00
04-02-2010, 12:04 PM
We stayed in Fiji last year and LOVED it. We had a room on th 1st floor facing the back of the volcano pool and that little boat cove. From the room when you looked out you could see the multicolored sailboats and when you went out onto the patio it felt like you were right on the water. You could also see the lagoon from the patio, but not from inside the room. It was really close to the side entrance of the GCH and all of the action of the volcano pool without all of the noise. I never would have thought to request this building (I requested Samoa) but it was great and would love to go back to this location.

schaery
04-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Gawrsh, I've gotten so many suggestions on rooms that it's hard to know which one - not that I'm guaranteed what I ask for. Howeverk, last year I requested a particular room at Pop, and they gave me the room I wanted. BTW, if anyone is staying at Pop, and wants a room away from everything with a great view, request room 3436 in the 50's Bldg. Last room on the top floor. Well, the view was great of the lake but the empty buildings across the lake were a bit depressing.

Back to The Poly, I was just thinking about my dining plans, and am I correct in noticing that The Poly doesn't have a food court like other resorts, a place to grab a CS breakfast? I see that they have a snack shop with cold cereals but that's not really what I want for breakfast.

luvdisney00
04-08-2010, 05:37 AM
No, the Poly has great CS breakfast at Capt. Cooks. They have all sorts of platters with eggs, pancakes and other breakfast foods that you can eat there, or get to take back to the room. I would run over early and get coffee and food and bring it back for everyone else to eat while they got dressed. I am the early riser of the family LOL. The best thing, is that you can get the famous Tonga Toast :love: at Capt. Cook's for breakfast. In case you haven't had it, it's bana stuffed french toast and it's to die for.

You are making me miss my favorite resort! You will love it and have a magical time no matter what longhouse you end up in!!

schaery
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Oh, good. Thanks. I was reading about dining options on one of the Disney boards, and it said that Capt. Cook's only had cold cereals and pastries.

Magical JenK
05-14-2010, 11:18 PM

On Shelly's recommendation I asked for this area last year & we were not given it...instead we were given Tahiti, castle view! I cried when we looked out the balcony!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d738b3127ccef87230dde1d100000040O00EbuHDhq1ZsQ e3nwY/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Tricia-It's totally worth it if you have the pin!!
:blush:

gpp2001
05-14-2010, 11:53 PM
What is it about the Polynesian that makes everyone love it so much? DH stayed there last month for business and wasn't impressed. He said it felt like he was staying in a motel. And he has stayed at his share of Disney hotels - almost everyone except Grand Floridian and All Star Resorts.

I'm just curious as to what makes it so good. What makes it worth the money?

Thanks.