PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break at Disneyland

Candi
02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I am so excited. We are going to Disneyland!!! I was able to get the entertainment rates for 5 nights at Hojos and then booked an additional night in a different room at a different rate. Still hoping for a cancellation so we can add a 7th night. We are leaving March 21st and driving straight there from Oregon. We are still debating on 5 or 6 days since the 6 days park hopper is only $16 more for the whole family of 4. We are also doing Legoland. Still trying to decided if we will do 1 or 2 days there and if we will do Sealife. Dd's 8th birthday is one week before we leave, one of our presents to her is going to be that she gets to go to Studio 365 and do the makeover. I also will be taking her to the American Girl store so will give her a giftcard to there too. We may drive down to a hotel at Legoland and stay there a few nights. That is still all up in the air. On the way home, we will do San Fransisco, the Jelly Belly Factory and Redwoods. This is a last minute trip. We were hoping for next January but dh has to have surgery. With his recovery time and work schedule, it may have been a couple of years so we went for it and planned this. Can't wait!

wilsonfamily4
02-16-2010, 12:46 AM
so excited for you!!!!

faithhope
02-16-2010, 01:55 AM
If you have a good aquarium near you... skip the legoland aquarium... it is small.

Legoland is fun and relaxed. Legoland can be done in one FULL day if it isn't crowded.

Sounds like a fun-filled trip... I hope you enjoy every minute of it. I hope you post a trip report.

Candi
02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks Faith. Looking at our schedule, we will only be able to go for one day. We decided we will have as much fun and do as much in that one day that we can. I saw that they are adding the waterpark there this summer so we just may have to go back on the next trip. I will plan on doing a trip report since I know everyone loves reading them.
Thanks Dee too!

faithhope
02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Definitely have the kids wear their suits (or bring them to change into) as even without the new water park area, Legoland has a fun water area in the park already.

Candi
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Good to know. Thanks!

Candi
02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Dh decided we didn't have to go to the Fire Dept's banquet so I was able to get another night in Anaheim. I was able to switch to staying in the same room for the whole time. I got the entertainment rate for the first six nights and it only cost me $29 to add the night since we switched rooms. Plus, now we have extra days at the beginning. We will leave on March 18th. That day we will see the Redwoods and go to San Fransisco. We will stay two nights in San Fransisco and then head to DL.