PDA

View Full Version : resort specific merchandise

fauntleroyfan
02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
i heard they were doing away with the resort specific merchandise, has anyone seen this while visiting recently

PSL1013
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
i heard they were doing away with the resort specific merchandise, has anyone seen this while visiting recently

I can check for you tomorrow! :blush: I reported back in October that a cast member told me that they were no longer going to carry the DVC merchandise at the resorts if that's what you are asking about, didn't hear anything about the resort specific stuff.

fourfoxesinpa
02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
When we were there in mid-January, we saw resort specific merchandise at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans. HTH.

fauntleroyfan
02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
maybe it was just the DVC stuff.

but i thought i heard they were fadding out the resort stuff because it was costing too much to print all the different logos on the same merchandise.

thanks for checking on me, we want to get some FW stuff on our next trip since we have not stayed there in a while.

PSL1013
02-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Update: just got back and I did ask for you and I was told they ARE discontinuing all the resort specific merchandise, no reason given but we can all bet it has to do with the money. :(

chipndale
02-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Update: just got back and I did ask for you and I was told they ARE discontinuing all the resort specific merchandise, no reason given but we can all bet it has to do with the money. :(

:( That is sad but I guess Disney has to get rid of anything that is not going to make a profit with the times we are in.

fourfoxesinpa
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
:( That is sad but I guess Disney has to get rid of anything that is not going to make a profit with the times we are in.

As a stockholder, I believe it's always a good corporate decision to discontinue something that is not profitable...whether it's during a good or bad economy. :angel:

fauntleroyfan
03-04-2010, 11:08 AM
i can see big ticket items that might cost alot to print resort specific stuff on, but i wonder how much it really costs to print resort stuff on like glasses or magnets etc.

Just hope that FW still has some stuff left that has not sold when we go in 3 months.

LauraLea
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I understand the need to buy/sell in quanity to get better pricing, but it is just one more thing that has diminishes the WDW experience. I use to enjoy visiting other resorts to see what merchandise they had, but now they all have the same. I spend alot less time in the shops now than I used to, and spend less as well.

Also, we use to enjoy the resort bars for their unique beverages and appetizers at each one. Now they all have the same drink and appetizer menu. By the end of the week, one is really tired of seeing the same old things. It use to be nice to look forward to something different at each resort.

Laura

fauntleroyfan
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
yeah i also enjoyed looking in all th4e shops it was fun, will prob limit my activity doing that now.

schaery
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, that sucks. I finally get to stay at a Deluxe (The Polynesian) in Dec. and no resort specific merchandise. :cry: