PDA

View Full Version : Now's the time for great dinners for less...

sunshinecindy
05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Restaurant.com is running a 60% off coupon PLUS you get 7% cash back. I use this site all the time, the savings are wonderful. We have tried so many new restaurants in our area, or within a 25 mile radius thanks to this site. Right now, you get a 25.00 dinner certificate for only 4.00, most of them say you must spend 35.00, so you are actually out of pocket your original 4.00, minus your 7% cash back and then another 10.00, what a great savings. Check it out.

speechteachri
05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
There is a new rest. just added to my area on Rest.com, unfortunately, I have yet to catch it when there are actually certificates in stock. They say "more at the beginning of the month from the beginning to the end of every month!

Very few rest. in my area participate in this unfortunately!:(

wilsonfamily4
05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
there are 2 restaurants in the 40 mile range. There used to be one just down the street! but they pulled it. :( SO no more restuarant.com for us. But it was great while it lasted.

SunshineGirl
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I actually got some information from them about why their coupons fluctuate so much. Apparently restaurants use them mainly when they need to fill tables. So some months they are willing to be on there and other months they are not, depending on what they have going on.

Anna
05-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Unfortunately, they have nothing in my area. That would be a great deal if they did though!:(

sunshinecindy
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Thats bad for you guys, there is always a ton of them in the Tampa area. I use them regularly. I bought two the other day, can't wait to use. Its an especially great deal when they run the 60% off.

sunmagic
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Waaaa. There are none in my area either.

But I have used them when I've been on vacation and it was great! I read reviews on restaurants and found some eating places that were well rated and were on restaurants.com. Great deal if you can get it!:eat:

Arky
05-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the vacation idea!! Off to see what's available in Boston!

phillygal3
05-26-2007, 11:46 AM
there are only like 1 or 2 participating in my area too. that stinks! :(

sunshinecindy
05-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I too have actually gotten some for the Orlando area when we go over there.Since we live near Disney we don't always stay there, but nice to leave and eat on the road, and with one of these certs, its a lot cheaper.

TIAMOMMA
05-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Just a word of caution - you may want to call the restaurant before-hand and confirm they participate. I was so excited to see one of my favorite local restaurants listed that I ordered a couple of certificates on Saturday. Yesterday when we went the manager said they do not honor them and they told Restaurants.com to take them off before. :(

Now, I'm waiting on a response & refund from Restaurants.com - I hope they are good with customer service.

TIAMOMMA

sunshinecindy
05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I had no problem getting credit back from them when one of our locals quit participating. I just bought another one from somewhere else to replace it.

plantlady
05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh my, I think I can talk my DH into some of these for our vacation.

As of now, we're (he) is planning on us eatting cold cuts for two weeks. Thanks for pointing this out. I need to come up with some names for him tonight.. must move quickly before the deal goes away!

jnorth1007
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
:rotfl: cold cuts! I thought we only called them that in LA

plantlady
05-31-2007, 07:02 PM

Well, my mom was born (although, not raised) in LA, perhaps that's where I get it from. :)

I did find one resturant on our 3000 mile journey that fits into our schedule. so, I convinced my DH it was well worth $2.40. :)

(now I see I can only use one at a time... so, I totally wasted 1.20:eek: )

Thanks again for pointing out this sale!

speechteachri
05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, my mom was born (although, not raised) in LA, perhaps that's where I get it from. :)

I did find one resturant on our 3000 mile journey that fits into our schedule. so, I convinced my DH it was well worth $2.40. :)

(now I see I can only use one at a time... so, I totally wasted 1.20:eek: )

Thanks again for pointing out this sale!

Hey lady...how's things?? Nice to see you here.

By the way, I live in New England and I call them cold cuts too.

I placed an order at Restaurant.com for the Tampa area for when we are down there for my nephew's wedding. I figure whatever we don't use I'll just give to him. I called him and had him look at the site while I was on then wrote down his favorite restaurants that were listed there. I got a lot for my $19-$20 spent!

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Usually one of our favorite restaurants in town is offered but I see it's no longer listed.

Choicess are few in the RI area. Out of 10 restaurants only 2 are available and they are restaurants I have never heard of. Oh well.........next time.

~Kathie
05-31-2007, 09:19 PM

Yup!! I'm in RI like Leslie............and we have always called them cold cuts.

TIAMOMMA
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Sunshine Cindy (sorry to call you out like this!) - how long does it take for Restaurants.com to respond? I've tried to reach them all week by phone and email and I've had no luck. I know you had mentioned before that you have had no problems getting refunds from them in the past. Thanks!

TIAMOMMA