PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP ~ Dining

kimkatmom
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
What does everyone do?

SunshineGirl
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
We don't like to waste any of our MNSSHP time so we either eat at Pecos Bills or just grab stuff from Casey's and eat while we watch the parade. You can actually see the parade from the little patio off of Pecos Bills as well, and there is hardly ever anyone out there.

We've made ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern in the past but ate at about 4:00 so that we could be done by the time the party started. We like to "party" from 5 until they kick us out, so we all take naps from about 2-4 before we head over.

If you wait too late to eat, you will find that some places are closed. So we do usually eat by about 7:30 or 8.

bbangel
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I've done several things. Once I met a group of people at the Liberty Tree Tavern (back when the characters dressed up) and we finished up right as the party was starting. I've also done a meal at O'hana, again finishing up about 6:30 and heading into the start of the party. I've also done the quick counter service earlier in the park and had a snack in my bag for later. Lots of options depending on your own preferences. Like Tricia, I don't like to waste official party time eating!

fourfoxesinpa
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
We, like others, don't want to spend limited party time in a sit down restaurant so we do counter service at Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays.

We haven't been to MNSSHP but have been to the Christmas Party and, even though it starts at 7, you're allowed to enter at 4, so doublecheck and get your extra time/money's worth if you're not already going to be at that park.

I'm hoping to get there this fall - It looks like so much fun...with or without kids!

iluvamystery89
03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
our family is just like tricia's-we don't like to waste MNSSHP time, so we usually eat at pecos bill's. we did do liberty tree tavern once, back when the characters were dressed up, but we got an early reservation (4:30pm, i believe) so we wouldn't miss anything. liberty tree and crystal palace both have good food, but the party is so great, we like to squeeze every minute out of it.

3dog2kidmom
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
What does everyone do?

Funny you should ask this -- DH and I were just talking about what to do this year. I think we'll plan to eat at Pecos Bills this time or maybe even just grab "walking around food" at Casey's.

Last year at MNSSHP my friends and I ate at Pecos Bills and enjoyed that. When my family did the Pirate & Princess Party in 2008 we had a 4:30ish dinner reservation in the castle. That was very magical since we entered as people were leaving for the day, and when we were done with dinner the park had transformed into the party. We still got everything accomplished that we wanted to so I'd say either way would work -- just plan according to your budget.

fanofree
07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
My schedule says.... "DON'T WASTE PARTY TIME EATING!" We are planning a large, late lunch around 2:30. We will snack at the party. Can you say SoyJoys and Dole Whip Floats?

iluvamystery89
07-25-2010, 11:34 AM
My schedule says.... "DON'T WASTE PARTY TIME EATING!" We are planning a large, late lunch around 2:30. We will snack at the party. Can you say SoyJoys and Dole Whip Floats?

sounds like a plan to me! :cooldance:

m 'n c
07-25-2010, 03:11 PM
We ate at Liberty Tree last time and had a good time with the characters in costume. The time before we did Cosmic Rays and it was so crowded.

chipndale
07-25-2010, 06:04 PM
We, like others, don't want to spend limited party time in a sit down restaurant so we do counter service at Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays.

We haven't been to MNSSHP but have been to the Christmas Party and, even though it starts at 7, you're allowed to enter at 4, so doublecheck and get your extra time/money's worth if you're not already going to be at that park.

I'm hoping to get there this fall - It looks like so much fun...with or without kids!

I agree ... we have never done MNSSHP but we have done the Christmas Party for the past 4 years and my gang wants to be in there around 4:15 and they don't want to waste party for a sit down meal. My gang agrees that we can do a sit down meal another day and just grab food from Cosmic Rays. As others have said - watch that you don;t wait too long as some places do close.

shmily1
07-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Well, I would be one of those that would be waiting at the gate when they start letting "party people" in. Mama is not happy when all the little duckies are not ready in time! :D Along with not wanting to waste one minute, we have to do a quick dinner so we either grab a turkey leg or eat at Cosmic Ray's. They have the dance party there and everyone in our group loves to participate in that so we have to go there anyway. Do I have some great pictures of three 18 year olds dancing away in there!:rotfl: