PDA

View Full Version : Newbie cashing out questions

momof3lovebugs
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Well after being here seriously now since the end of February (signed up back in Sept but was frustrated by not getting surveys and didn't have a lot of freet ime) and seeing that my balance is already over 25.00 :cooldance: I have upped my personal goal of 50.00 by October to between 200.00-300.00 for our trip to WDW.
So my question is, since this is new and fresh for me, is it strange that I want to cash out now b/c I just want to see that it is real?
And second, is it better to cash out to disney cards or to paypal and save the money?
And third, it takes about 4 weeks to get a gc, right? What about a paypal cashout? (and you must have to sign up your paypal acct to do that, I am assuming?)
I would love to keep at it and bring a *big* disney gift card with me when we go. I am already going to bring a 200.00+ one from disney visa and I like the idea of fewer cards to mess with, but I really want to see one up close and in person. :blush::giggle:

bbangel
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Not odd at all. Many people cash out as soon as they can. Others like to see a big balance so wait. There is postage charged on the sending of gift cards so that may make you decide to wait for bigger amounts.
To do paypal you do need to sign up your account. I prefer the gift cards because then I know I will spend the money on what I intended it for when I earned it and not on regular "life" expenses. I want it to be fun money :sunshine:

momof3lovebugs
03-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Not odd at all. Many people cash out as soon as they can. Others like to see a big balance so wait. There is postage charged on the sending of gift cards so that may make you decide to wait for bigger amounts.
To do paypal you do need to sign up your account. I prefer the gift cards because then I know I will spend the money on what I intended it for when I earned it and not on regular "life" expenses. I want it to be fun money :sunshine:
:thanks: for the reply! :sunshine2: My dh knows I am committed to making as much fun money as possible for our trip. He told me he doesn't want me spending all my 'hard earned' cash on food or room etc...he wants me to be able to splurge on souvenirs or a welsh dragon or two at Epcot! :p
That being said, we do have savings for this and if I keep a tab on what I have earned it may be better to do paypal as then we'd be making interest (miniscule amount to be sure) but at least as my dh says, disney isn't making money on my money, I am. :p

disney_girl
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Not strange at all! My first cashout a few years ago was for $20 or $25- whatever the minimum was- I just wanted to "see" it for myself. Now, depending on how long we have before our next trip I'll do small cards or bigger ones. The good thing is that all the gift cards spend the same:D. There are benefits to each- it's just whatever works best for you. As mentioned, there are postage fees with the gift cards. To be on the safe side you need to give it 6 weeks for the gift card so just keep that in mind.

Conrats on finding an awesome site to help with your Disney fun money!:sunshine:

Leslie
03-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't think that is strange at all. I cash out based on how close our trip is. I have cashed out for anywhere between $25 and $500. Like others have said, unless you get the $500 card, you have to pay postage. It's only .44, but it all adds up.

Good luck on your new goal! :sunshine:

lswheatly
03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I had the same newbie question, but reading this, I will continue to accumulate as much as I can until the rates are available for the time that I am planning to go to WDW. From there, I will cash out for paypal to help buy down the cost of the trip. Once that's accomplished, I will then cash out for disney gift cards to take on our trip......Hopefully!!

~Kathie
03-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Not usual and perfectly understandable to want to 'test drive' first. My first cash out was 1 month after I joined in June, 2006. :D

Don't forget to give it about 6 weeks to receive your gift card (s). Tricia and Cindy have been posting when cards are shipped but you want to make sure they come before your trip.

Depending on what type of Paypal account you have, you may be charged a fee from Paypal.

There is some good information in this thread about Paypal and some good suggestions.

PayPal thread (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=37563&highlight=paypal)

momof3lovebugs
03-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Awesome replies ladies! Thanks so much! I am going to keep on keepin' on for now!! :cooldance: