PDA

View Full Version : Alt = ?

katjo8
10-14-2007, 08:31 AM
OK - another question. Sorry!

I stumbled upon this little tidbit last night and immediately tried to utilize it and it didn't work for me. I'm using a laptop, could this be why?

Just to make sure...am I supposed to be hitting alt + = at the same time I hit a "no" circle? That's kinda hard to do!

Any tips would be appreciated! TIA!:love:

bartleby1
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmmm... It works on my desktop and laptop.

First, I click "no" to the first on the list, then I hold down "alt" and hit "=".

Is that what you tried?

ItsmeSunnyV
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Doesnt work for me either on a desktop. :computer:

bs4free
10-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Hmmm... It works on my desktop and laptop.

First, I click "no" to the first on the list, then I hold down "alt" and hit "=".

Is that what you tried?
What OS and browser are you using.....

cglaura
10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Doesn't work for me either, but used to when I had RoboForm installed. I think that may be a componant of that or similar programs, but not 100% sure of that.

I uninstalled RoboForm when I was having issues w/ my hard drive and never bothered to re-install. Some advertisers are frowning upon its use anyhow.

bs4free
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
do they frown and is not like it or frown and consider it fraud....

cglaura
10-14-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't think they consider it fraud, they just might not give credit, which may trickle down to less frequent / not as good offers. If the robot is filling out the form too fast it is kind of clear the person isn't really interested in the learning about the offers....

I don't know if that is a given fact, it is just something I read along the way.

katjo8
10-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm using IE 7 for all SR related internet surfing and Vista is my OS.

bartleby1
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
What OS and browser are you using.....

I'm using IE6 and (I'm almost embarrassed to say...) Windows 98.:eek: My old dinosaur of a computer keeps plugging along and I just can't bring myself to upgrade when it has been so good to me. Is it unhealthy to be so attached to a computer?:rotfl: We've been through a lot together, lol!

I didn't realize that it doesn't work on everyone's computer though. I read about it on a message board a long time ago and no one ever mentioned it not working for them.

bs4free
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Well i tried it on the new offers and got nothing in ie7 win xp...

Thanks for shareing that it is working for you!

sumrmist
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I believe the alt/= is a function of roboform. I know it doesnt work on a computer that doesnt have roboform.

jfrog
11-05-2007, 03:25 PM
OH, that could be why ... I use IE7 and Windows XP and gave up trying - I don't have roboform so that must explain it -- if it prevents some offers from crediting I think I won't try it again anyway. Thanks so much for the roboform info!!!

~Kathie
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I uninstalled RoboForm when I was having issues w/ my hard drive and never bothered to re-install. Some advertisers are frowning upon its use anyhow.

I ended up uninstalling Roboform too because it was causing issues for my computer. It would ask me to upgrade every 5 minutes even though I clicked NO. It was a PITA and ended up slowinjg my computer down a lot.