PDA

View Full Version : gmail

luvdisney00
05-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Does anyone use gmail to do offers? I signed up for an account last week and it seems that all of the offers that I do don't credit with this address. This is also the first time I have tried to do offers thru the Internet explorer browser. Although it is not recommended I usually use my AOL browser and don't have too much trouble.
I signed up for Party with Chingy this morning and was afraid to use my gmail addy because I really wanted it to credit. I'll try something else this afternoon, but would love to hear who uses gmail.
Dorothy

zoodoyle
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I use gmail and usually have no problem getting things to credit (though I must say Chingy has not gone thru for me either!). Recently I've been having some trouble getting the smaller signups to go thru, but it may be because at first I didn't keep very good records so I may have done them before.

dreamtrip
05-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I use gmail and use IE. I did the Chingy offer and got credit.

jnorth1007
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I love gmail. I use it for all of my offers because I can add periods in between the letters of the address when I see that the address is beginning to be recognized. I still get the mail to the same address but it lets me complete offers that recognize my email even though I have never done them. I also use IE. I used AOL when I first started and noticed that alot of things didnt credit. Now that I use IE I was able to go back and do all of the ones that didnt credit and I only have about 5 of the little offers that I just cant get to credit. HTH!

sunmagic
05-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I use gmail, too, and haven't had any problems.

Arky
05-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I use gmail too. I've not had any difficulty with crediting.

luvdisney
05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
What is gmail? I would love to use a diffrent email address so I don't get spam at my regular address

jnorth1007
05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Just type gmail in to your search function and it will come up. It is free email accounts. They ask you for your information but nothing financially related. I like the fact that you can have several email accounts. I have them for different things, one for SR (actually 2 because I stopped another rewards site and started swapping up those emails for SR) and I have one for my freebies, I also have one for offers that I am doing that are paid offers where I want to be sure to get the email confirmations and information without having to sort through all of the spam and without having to use my master email account. It really is great. You can also change these email addresses up a bit if you see that they are being recognized alot for your freebie offers by adding periods inbetween the letters and such and the mail still gets to the right place but shows up as a seperate address. An example would be that the address sunshine@gmail.com could also be typed in as s.u.nshine@gmail.com and get where it is going and be recognized as a new address. HTH!

luvdisney
05-30-2007, 06:41 PM
thank you jnorth1007 I will try this tomorrow while my DS is watching Playhouse Disney