PDA

View Full Version : obopay

lilianddomsmom
05-23-2007, 06:55 AM
for anyone that has already done this offer on here about how long did it take to credit to your sr account?

speechteachri
05-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Within an hour!

lilianddomsmom
05-23-2007, 07:12 AM
thanks for the info

3dog2kidmom
05-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Another obopay ? Okay I did the offer so now how do I use the card/credit/$? Do I have to download their software?

TXMouseChaser
05-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd like to know this too. I did the offer and now can't figure out the site! LOL! :computer:

jnorth1007
05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I went in and ordered the master card. It took about a week to 10 days to get here. I didn't download anything or use my phone for anything except the original order confirmation. When it comes in you have to call and activate the card and then you can use it for whatever. I used mine for a couple of offers yesterday and today including Vista, bargain autos and HUD homes and had no problems. I dont know if I will add more money to it or not but it is very easy to use.

tweety129s
05-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if they do a credit check on you? I'm just paranoid about inquires showing up on my credit report since I'm going to be buying a house soon.

Nevermind, I seemed to have missed the glaring "NO credit check" on the banner, oops!

luvdisney00
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
How do you transfer $$ to the card? Do you have to link it to your checking acct? It makes me nervous to link it to my bank acct, but if you can link it to a credit card that might be OK. The site wasn't clear on how it works. :confused:

msu_spartan_jen
05-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok before I sign up for this offer...do I have to pay anything for this? Is that my impression? You get $10 free to on the debit card to try out the service? Are there any terms that you have to add money onto it again?

Thanks,
Jen

jnorth1007
05-24-2007, 10:34 PM
You dont pay anything. You don't have to link a bank account because theoretically you can have the card for other people to send you money. You sign up and get the rewards credit for it. Then you will get credited 10 to your obopay account. You can go in and request the Obobpay Master card which is just a prepaid mastercard that gives you access to your 10.00. In the future if you want to add money to the card you have to do everything through your cell phone. My phone doesn't have text messaging or web access so I cant add anything to my card unless I set it up on direct deposit which I dont want to do. Anytime you add money it cost 1% of the amount I think. I am using the card to do my offers as long as there is a balance on it and then I will have to be done with it because I can't figure out another way to add funds to the card. If anyone figures it out let me know. At the very least it is 10.00 free. They don't run a credit check however you may need to give them your social security number in order to verify your identity before they will issue you the 10.00. However, I have seen where people refuse to give this information and don't get the 10.00 but still get the rewards credit for it. I gave my ss# only because I watch my credit very closely and have a fraud alert on it so noone could access my credit anyways. I have trouble getting reports and opening accounts because of the alert. HTH!

msu_spartan_jen
05-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!! I think I will definitely check this one out! :o)

krg1968
05-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I just did Obopay a little while ago and already got credit. I had signed myself up before it was on here, so I signed up my husband, too. I had been meaning to do that anyway, so it was just a bonus!

mrsheppo
05-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I signed up on the 23rd and still no credit. Several recent offers I have done have not credited either. I even checked to make sure my cookies were enabled and they are.:computer:

jnorth1007
05-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Something is definitely up. Obopay credits very quickly. I would check the browser you are using. Some people have found it works if you change from IE to firefox or Vice versus. I would also do a manual delete of cookies on your computer. This was a very easy credit one and it shouldn't take long to show up.

jnorth1007
05-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Tricia,

If I ordered my obopay card through somewhere else and now want to order a card for my husband can I do that through your link and get credit or is that cheating? I think I got 5 "points" when I ordered mine through another site. TIA!

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Bumping up so Tricia can see!

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
It wouldn't be cheating but I'm not 100% positive if they would consider it a duplicate and just not pay on it. It's hard telling. With some of the offers, they will actually credit multiple times if you make multiple purchases. But with others, if they see the same mailing address, IP address, or credit card number, they automatically consider it a duplicate.

If you were planning on getting one anyway, I say give it a shot. It wouldn't matter which reward program you use to buy it, it would either credit or not credit based only on obopay's system.

jnorth1007
05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Hmmm I was just thinking of getting one for DH because his cell phone does use internet and text messages and can transfer money which mine cannot so I can't use my card once the funds are gone because it is attached to my phone. I didn't know at the time that the phone was the ONLY way to get funds to the card. Now Im stuck with a card I can't add to. I figured if we got him one I could just use his phone and card and add money that way. I will have to think about this. I thought for sure it would be more cut and dry than that :rotfl: i guess I could just try to get the card and credit since it doesn't cost anything and I need the card anyways and if it doesn't credit anything it is no big deal since I need the card anyways. THANKS!:sunshine2:

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok here is the latest on Obopay. I continued to research and called them today and I can add money without using my cell phone. I just went online and added my debit card to the account and then I was able to transfer 10.00 to the card. This is great because it doesn't pull from my debit card automatically only with my permission. It cost me .15 because there is a 1.5% fee for transferring from a card but it was well worth it. I have used this card to do several offers recently, HUD homes, bargain autos, search for jesus, paperback book club and stamps.com. I was able to do all of those on the original 10.00 that they gave me. The money that I transferred was available immediately so if you wanted to transfer just enough for the offer you are doing you could do right before you go to do the offer and it would be there almost instantly. You do have to verify the debit/credit card you are using. They put through 2 very small charges to your card to verify it and you have to report back to them what those charges are. I have access to my debit card in real time so I was able to go directly to my account and see the amounts and then go back and complete the transfer. It really was that easy and now I have more funds for offers, YAY!

wisconsinmom
05-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow Janet, thanks for posting that. I think I am going to have to do that!

m 'n c
05-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks Janet. I guess I'll give the card a shot. Have you had any issues since giving them your ssn??

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 10:15 PM
No I haven't and I check my reports pretty often and also have a fraud alert on my credit reports so I would know by now if someone had tried to use my info to open an account because they would have to contact me to do it.

m 'n c
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
which credit monitoring service do you use? I'm thinking that it would be a good thing to invest in. I already did the offer through experian a few years ago through m@&)*^%# so I can't repeat it sadly.

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 11:02 PM
I dont use a monitoring service. I just added fraud alert to my reports and I check my reports each month through annualcreditreports website. You are only supposed to be able to see them once a year but 2 of the big ones let you check each month. I guess they haven't figured out a way to monitor it. TU does monitor and I can't ever check that one online anyways because of the fraud alert they won't ever let me do it online. I also use Suze Orman's FICO website and I get a discount for ordering my credit score each time. I do that anytime I have had major activity that would affect my score. HTH!

m 'n c
05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
ahh good thing to know about being able to check more than once a year. I'll have to start trying those. :)