PDA

View Full Version : Disney Give a Day program...anyone do it?

momof3lovebugs
04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
We did our volunteer day yesterday! :party: The whole family went to a local elementary school and did a school wide clean up day. It was good to see people out there helping the community and my kids had a great time! I hope this motivates them to be more 'other-minded' and to want to keep pursuing the feeling of feeling good for doing for others.
It's nice that there is the Disney ticket bonus too!! :sunshine2::sunshine2::sunshine2::sunshine2:

sammielynn
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
We did blankets for Project Linus. Will be using our vouchers in May.

lswheatly
04-18-2010, 05:36 PM
We volunteered in February. We went to a ranch and helped take care of animals. The kids loved it. We used our tickets last month and went to disneyland. I think this was a wonderful way to get people out to volunteer and a wonderful idea to get people to visit disney.

fanofree
04-18-2010, 10:00 PM
We also did blankets for Project Linus. We will have AP, so we are hoping to get the pin set. The blankets were the no-sew fleece ones and they were so nice, soft and cozy. I know a lot were sent to Haiti from our area, but whoever uses them I wish them well!

MdCaterer
04-20-2010, 09:01 PM
We did Project Linus also! It was fun and we enjoyed making the blankets and hope the young ones who get them will love them. We received our vouchers and will use them to stay an extra day in June when our AP's expire!

momof3lovebugs
05-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Printed out our vouchers yesterday!! I am so excited!!! :party:

3dog2kidmom
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Printed out our vouchers yesterday!! I am so excited!!! :party:
That is awesome! We volunteered at our community center in January, but didn't get to use our vouchers in March as planned. DH and I are going to upgrade them to AP's when we go in October instead.

Looks like we'll miss you by a week.

momof3lovebugs
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
That is awesome! We volunteered at our community center in January, but didn't get to use our vouchers in March as planned. DH and I are going to upgrade them to AP's when we go in October instead.

Looks like we'll miss you by a week.
We are upgrading ours to park hoppers! Are you sure you miss us? We land on the 12th.

3dog2kidmom
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
We are upgrading ours to park hoppers! Are you sure you miss us? We land on the 12th.

Yep, and we leave on the 5th. I debated just upgrading to a 3-day ticket but doing the math, with the DVC discount and considering we are going back for a week at Christmas I think the AP is either a wash or slightly better deal.

Sooooooooooooooo excited for Food & Wine (and MNSSHP, but don't tell my kids we're doing this really fun thing without them)!!

momof3lovebugs
05-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Yep, and we leave on the 5th. I debated just upgrading to a 3-day ticket but doing the math, with the DVC discount and considering we are going back for a week at Christmas I think the AP is either a wash or slightly better deal.

Sooooooooooooooo excited for Food & Wine (and MNSSHP, but don't tell my kids we're doing this really fun thing without them)!! Shelly! lol! :rotfl: I promise I won't tell! I am ditching my kids and dh when I am there and meeting up w/two friends from another board (gymboree) and we are hitting Epcot for the F&WF.:cooldance::cooldance::cooldance: They won't miss it as they'll be spending the day at the pool or a water park. Can't wait for my Welsh Dragon (or two!) :p