PDA

View Full Version : In need of hugs

jakeandsophiesmom
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone. After much debating, I feel like I finally need to just talk about my situation. As some of you know my family and I just moved to the Hilton Head area. My husband worked for a very large mortgage company that transferred us down here, but they would not pay for the transfer(which at the time seemed really odd to me). So we used some of our little savings to move since it was to be a great opportunity. Then everything in our lives crashed down on top of us. The company let many people go, including DH, a little over a month ago. He is trying to get unemployment while looking for new job and old company is disputing it, so no money so far. I have had to leave kids and return to work, but I don't receive first check until Monday. We have had to use all of our savings to pay bills since we have had absolutely no income for about a month now. We have no insurance and a child who has a heart condition and takes medicine every day.

We are supposed to go to Disney for Christmas, which has been a dream of mine since a child, but it looks like that will be cancelled or postponed. We do already have our MVMCP tickets so we will at least go for one day, but looking at next year it's going to be so much more $ since my DS will be ten and the dining is changing. As if that's not enoughto make me cry, my "darling" sister who knows how much this vacation means to me keeps calling to ask if she and her family can have our vacation!

And (yep there's more) to top it off, my mother has been dealing with some serious depression issues lately. Us moving away, even though it is only three hours away, has not helped this at all. She was doing so well on the meds she was taking, then her doc started her on something new and the past week she has been just as bad off as ever.

I am sorry everyone for being such a downer on here when it is such a fun place to be. I really just needed to let it all go and talk about it. Having just moved, I don't have the support I once did, so it's nice to have you all here to talk to. I just have to keep telling myself everything will work out and the Lord will show us the way, but it is so hard.

Ok now I'm done with my pity party and I'm going to play some silly game in this wonderful place!

disney_girl
10-21-2007, 08:28 PM
:hugs: I'm sending some hugs and pixie dust your way to help you through some of this!:hugs: It's always good to be able to vent and let it out and this is a good community for doing that!

bs4free
10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
:hugs: That is a lot, but we are never given more then we can deal with, so every thing will be ok, maybe not how we wanted it, but something good will come of this... I hope they stop disputing the claim, and that DH will get a new job soon! That your mom will get better and the doctors will find the best course of action... That you and your sister can have a good talk and :hug: and that even if you only get the MVMVP that you still have a wonderful time at WDW!!!! :hugs:

ligrumpygirl
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
:sunshine: :hugs: to you and your family. Please know what that the Sunshine family is here if you need to talk. We are good at listening...and even better at putting smiles on your face!

Lisaj68
10-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes. Pixie dust and :hugs: your way, and prayers that things start looking up.

Hedy
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Blessing and Miracle
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm so sorry about your situation. It's okay to talk about it on here with us. For sure you don't have to worry about us telling anyone :) Seriously, we are here for whenever you want or need to share. Trust me most of us have shared some pretty heavy stuff, including myself. I do hope and pray that everything will turn around for the good. Keep trusting in God, He will see you through if you keeping hold on this His hand. :hugs:

spring
10-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I am so sorry about all your problems. That's a lot of weight on your shoulders.:hugs: :hugs:

rygirlsmum
10-21-2007, 08:56 PM
:hugs: and I'll be praying for good things to start coming your way!

LuvMyBoys
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about all those things hitting you at once :(

I know that it can seem very overwhelming and it's hard to keep your head up but just remember..........this too shall pass!!

Also have you looked into any state health insurance programs that might be available for your children?? That might be a good option if you have one that needs alot of medical care.

I hope things look up soon!! :hugs:

~Kathie
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you. I'm glad we can be here for you.

LuvMyBoys is right. Check with the state about health insurance for your children. Most states have programs.

When God give us lemons...............make lemonade. Here's hoping and praying your lemonade is right around the corner.

jakeandsophiesmom
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank you to each of you. You guys are gonna make me cry. It's great to have such support. I'm so glad I am a part of this wonderful group where I now feel like I can talk about anything after this. It realy warms my heart and soul to know that I have you all rooting for us!

And I will check out the state health programs tommorow. Thanks for that advice.

arob414
10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
You aren't having a pity party, you are dealing with alot right now. Talk all you want, we're here to listen and give hugs and prayers when you need them. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

butterfly baby
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Good Luck with everything and I hope that it all works out for you .. i will send some prayers & hugs your way.

faithhope
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
:hugs: Your family is in my prayers. I'm glad you can come and talk about the good and the bad times here... that is what makes this board so special.

I hope it starts to get better for you soon.

Faith

coastalgirl
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Liz, I am so sorry to hear what you and your family are going through. We went through almost the same thing last year. And I have a child that takes medication daily and I know how fast that alone can eat through a savings. Please know that you can share with us. We will all be here to help and offer moral support. Please know that I will say a prayer for you. Stay strong. :hugs:

Just tell your sister it is rude to ask for other peoples things espescially at a time like this. If she wants a vacation she should get her own.:angel:

On another note, how is the new job? You are working at the Disney resort there right?

linanglab
10-22-2007, 06:01 AM
So sorry about all of this. When it rains it pours sometimes. We have not dealt with losing jobs, but with other financial issues, and it is scary. However, we came through it. It was at the VERY last moment of sanity, but we made it. I prayed a prayer for your family as I was reading this.

I hope your new job is going alright for you. That is a big adjustment in itself to start going back to work. Keep us updated.

eaglesdare
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
many hugs and prayers being sent your way.

tommygirl79
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh my some big ol' hugs coming your way!!! :hugs: :hugs:

Sometimes, when it rains, it pours, huh??? I can only imagine all of the emotions you are going through right now!!! Please feel free to vent, cry, get angry and whatever else you need to do on here - it's a nice safe place to do so!!!

Please keep us updated - I'll be praying for your family and for the situation...

Rachel

Wendi63
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through tough times. Keep your faith and trust in God and things will turn around. :hugs: and prayers for you and your family.

ItsmeSunnyV
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
:hugs: :hugs: Aww Liz, you know darn well we are all gonna be here to listen, whenever anyone ever wants to just VENT, I think half of us have done it at least once. I know I have, and your right, it's really a great group here that is always willing to listen. Cheer up!!:hugs: :hugs:

jakeandsophiesmom
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Thank you everyone. It means a lot knowing I have you all here sending well wishes and prayers our way. I've had a better day today because of that. I did get paid today so that's a plus:cooldance: Also got a surprise visit from my SIL tonight. She was going to get tickets to take me to see Maroon 5 in Atlanta this week to cheer me up, but she couldn't get them. So, she drove down from Charleston with a pizza and a bottle of cheap wine instead. No news on the DH job situation though. I just keep reminding myself to keep my head up and believe that we will get through this and we'll be such much stronger after the storm.

Coastalgirl -- No Disney yet. I have interviewed with them twice but they had a job fair so I guess they have a lot of people to sort through. I took the first job that was offered which is a vacation rental company on the island. I must admit that I really hate it b/c I feel like they are not training me properly, but it is a job for now. Still holding out for Disney. Keep your fingers crossed!!

pbhall13
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Vent away!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently was able to do this (mom had a heart attack) and this group of sunshiners really lifted my spirits with all of the well wishes and prayers sent my way.

Just keep plugging away and I will send my thoughts and prayers out to your family.

speechteachri
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

disneynut
10-24-2007, 07:38 AM
A little sunshine and hugs go a long way. So here's looking at you.. :sunshine: :hugs: :sunshine2: :hugs:

linanglab
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Crossing my fingers for the Disney thing to come through. I know it is hard to work someplace that you do not enjoy. I know you know that you will come out stronger and a better person going through all of this. But I always argue with God a little and say that I feel strong enough as is, so please take away this growing experience....LOL But He knows best. Just take it one day at a time. If you look too far in the future, you may get frustrated. One day, then the next.

coastalgirl
10-24-2007, 08:30 AM
The job fairs take a little longer to sort through! But 2 interviews are a good thing. With bigger companies it takes a little longer than with some smaller ones. I hope it works out. I can so understand having a job you don't like. Been there done that. Hang on it will all work out soon. When you least expect it things will all work out!! Take care of yourself and don't let this get ya down!:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
10-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone. After much debating, I feel like I finally need to just talk about my situation. As some of you know my family and I just moved to the Hilton Head area. My husband worked for a very large mortgage company that transferred us down here, but they would not pay for the transfer(which at the time seemed really odd to me). So we used some of our little savings to move since it was to be a great opportunity. Then everything in our lives crashed down on top of us. The company let many people go, including DH, a little over a month ago. He is trying to get unemployment while looking for new job and old company is disputing it, so no money so far. I have had to leave kids and return to work, but I don't receive first check until Monday. We have had to use all of our savings to pay bills since we have had absolutely no income for about a month now. We have no insurance and a child who has a heart condition and takes medicine every day.

We are supposed to go to Disney for Christmas, which has been a dream of mine since a child, but it looks like that will be cancelled or postponed. We do already have our MVMCP tickets so we will at least go for one day, but looking at next year it's going to be so much more $ since my DS will be ten and the dining is changing. As if that's not enoughto make me cry, my "darling" sister who knows how much this vacation means to me keeps calling to ask if she and her family can have our vacation!

And (yep there's more) to top it off, my mother has been dealing with some serious depression issues lately. Us moving away, even though it is only three hours away, has not helped this at all. She was doing so well on the meds she was taking, then her doc started her on something new and the past week she has been just as bad off as ever.

I am sorry everyone for being such a downer on here when it is such a fun place to be. I really just needed to let it all go and talk about it. Having just moved, I don't have the support I once did, so it's nice to have you all here to talk to. I just have to keep telling myself everything will work out and the Lord will show us the way, but it is so hard.

Ok now I'm done with my pity party and I'm going to play some silly game in this wonderful place!

No no, go ahead and pity yourself. Companies that fire you just after they "promote" you and then fight unemployment really suck. Sisters who are willing to take advantage of another sisters poor situation are thoughtless. (did she at least offer to pay you for it) Your DH must just be feeling awful too. I know what you are going through, we've been through it 4 times since moving to florida. Things will get better. Is there some state aid for you childrens health insurance? What about sigining up for the free medication available nationally now (don't remember the name, Montell Williams is their spokesperson). Take advantage of all the assistance you can muster. You and your DH have paid it for years just in case something like this happens.
Just keep looking ahead not behind, and remember we are all here to help.

jakeandsophiesmom
10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
No no, go ahead and pity yourself. Companies that fire you just after they "promote" you and then fight unemployment really suck. Sisters who are willing to take advantage of another sisters poor situation are thoughtless. (did she at least offer to pay you for it) Your DH must just be feeling awful too. I know what you are going through, we've been through it 4 times since moving to florida. Things will get better. Is there some state aid for you childrens health insurance? What about sigining up for the free medication available nationally now (don't remember the name, Montell Williams is their spokesperson). Take advantage of all the assistance you can muster. You and your DH have paid it for years just in case something like this happens.
Just keep looking ahead not behind, and remember we are all here to help.

Yep companies like this do really suck. And it's sad b/c I know that so many other families in the mortgage biz are going through it too and many more to come. I told DH that I hoped when our lease is up and we buy a house next year that this particular company has an offer for our mortgage and I can revel in telling them where to put it. :angel: As far as my sis-totally expected from her. We are total opposites in every way. And heck yeah she was gonna pay for it-we hadn't made the final pymnt yet. We are postponing it BTW. DH just feels horrible about it, like he has let us down and I have to admit that I don't help that sometimes.
Looked into some state assistance today and printed off some of the forms we'll need. We won't have a cardiology appt until Mar/April next year and luckily her meds w/o insurance run about 40/month. And FB season is over for son, so no more cringing during games in fear of broken bones!

Thanks again everyone. It has made it tons more bearable to know I have you all to talk to and lift us up. Hope to have good news soon!:)