PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-In?

TxAggies
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Anyone done the online check-in? I have never tried it, but I am thinking about doing it this time. Just wondering if anyone would care to share their experience with it. Pros? Cons?

PSL1013
05-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone done the online check-in? I have never tried it, but I am thinking about doing it this time. Just wondering if anyone would care to share their experience with it. Pros? Cons?

I never did it because you can't put in room requests and I always have a couple. I like to approve the room I'm getting before hand but that's just me!

TxAggies
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I never did it because you can't put in room requests and I always have a couple. I like to approve the room I'm getting before hand but that's just me!

Yeah, I too like to have the human interaction to discuss the room location possibilities. It has been my experience that usually the CM will tell me what building we are assigned to and if I don't like it, I can ask what else might be available and we look at the map together. Plus, I know they are trying to get arriving guests in rooms ASAP, which is generally desirable, but I personally am willing to wait until later in the day if something more to our liking is coming open. By letting them know that I am not in a hurry and would rather not take the room they have open right then, I have been able to get my preferred area.

And I do realize that I can always request a change, if something else is available, once I get the room number and it isn't what we were hoping for. I have actually done this twice, and would do it again, just would prefer to not have to get in line again.

I am thinking that the main advantage to online check in would be that it could potentially save time upon arrival at the resort. They already have the credit card, etc info and the packets are more or less ready.

PSL1013
05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I too like to have the human interaction to discuss the room location possibilities. It has been my experience that usually the CM will tell me what building we are assigned to and if I don't like it, I can ask what else might be available and we look at the map together. Plus, I know they are trying to get arriving guests in rooms ASAP, which is generally desirable, but I personally am willing to wait until later in the day if something more to our liking is coming open. By letting them know that I am not in a hurry and would rather not take the room they have open right then, I have been able to get my preferred area.

And I do realize that I can always request a change, if something else is available, once I get the room number and it isn't what we were hoping for. I have actually done this twice, and would do it again, just would prefer to not have to get in line again.

I am thinking that the main advantage to online check in would be that it could potentially save time upon arrival at the resort. They already have the credit card, etc info and the packets are more or less ready.

Exactly how I feel....I like looking at where they are putting me and also if they gave me my request! :D

mjjmbnmm
05-06-2010, 07:56 PM
We used online check-in in Dec. I was so glad we did, the reg . line was 25 deep, the online check-in had no line. loved it.

schaery
05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I did the online check-in at Pop last Sept. but still went thru check-out because I wanted a different room. The CM gave me the exact room number I asked for.

TxAggies
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I did the online check-in at Pop last Sept. but still went thru check-out because I wanted a different room. The CM gave me the exact room number I asked for.

That is wonderful that you were able to get the exact room you requested! Am assuming you requested it prior to arrival?

We used online check-in in Dec. I was so glad we did, the reg . line was 25 deep, the online check-in had no line. loved it.

I can definitely see how it would be a time saver during the busy months!

schaery
05-08-2010, 12:18 AM
That is wonderful that you were able to get the exact room you requested! Am assuming you requested it prior to arrival?

Well, with the online check in, I requested a specific building, section and floor but didn't know the room number. When I didn't get the section I wanted I went to the counter (yes, and waited in a line), and asked to see a map. I showed the CM where I wanted to be (50's section, facing the lake, top floor and end of hall) and got room 3436, which was everything I wanted.

arob414
05-08-2010, 07:11 AM
I need help. We are going in about 3 wks. Staying at ASMo, 2 rooms, preferred. I have stayed there once. Anyone have any recommendations? I have never requested a specific building/room. We will have 4 kids, one is 2 yrs old. TIA