PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain how to use rewards for Disney dollars or gift cards?

mickerbaby
10-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm a bit confused because I heard something about cash outs for Disney cards that only happens a few times a year. CAn you also get the gift cards (or is it Disney Dollars?) at other times as well? I was thinking of getting the gift cards each time I get to 25 points. Does that make sense to do? Our trip is in January. I thought that if i set mini goals of getting to 25 it will seem less stressful.
thanks!
Crissy

disney_girl
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
The Disney gift cards and dollars are always available. However, they are not currently available while Tricia is on vacation- the redemption will return when she gets back. The Disney Cashouts are for special amounts- for example, during the cashout you can get a $100 gift card for $94 instead of $100. But you certainly do not have to wait for a special cashout- you can cashout at the regular rates whenever you are ready. You just want to allow enough time prior to your trip to make sure the cards reach you. HTH

bs4free
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
The idea of the special cash outs are they give you even more value for your credits even the $25 Disney Gift cards then only cost $24 some may see this as well its only a dollar and it is but i think for the most part we each work and try hard to earn every pennys so that extra dollar adds up and depending on how much you think you can earn before you need to cash out have a trip that savings can increase like $100 for only $95 or a $200 for only $188.... Right now since i have no idea when my next trip will be is to wait until i can cash out at the best discount price in the future and just let my balance grow... how ever when i joined i only had just over 30days before my trip and i was cashing out at every $25 because its better to get your Gift Card or Dollars for your trip then not have them at all... I hope this has helped the OP...

disney_girl
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I agree! For what it's worth- there won't be another special cashout before your trip in January. With the trip being so close, I would also cash out whenever I reached the $25 mark. That will give you time to get the cards in the mail!

disneyfreak7
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I am new here. Well, I have been a member for a while but never really did much until recently. It took me awhile to figure out SR and I think I have it figured out now. I would love to know how some members get to earnings in the hundreds! It seems like I will never get there. Oh well, my question is, does anyone know when there will be another Disney special cashout? We have another trip planned for Aug 08 and I am working towards that. Thanks

bs4free
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I am new here. Well, I have been a member for a while but never really did much until recently. It took me awhile to figure out SR and I think I have it figured out now. I would love to know how some members get to earnings in the hundreds! It seems like I will never get there. Oh well, my question is, does anyone know when there will be another Disney special cashout? We have another trip planned for Aug 08 and I am working towards that. Thanks
This last one was the last one for the year... I would have to guess the next one would be in 2008 some time they seem to have been happening about every 3 to 4 months so you should have another chance before your aug 08 trip... and how members earn hundreds... A lot do the surveys daily and the free offers, some shopping and even some of the paid offers, also some of the members have been around for a long time.. HTH....

disney_girl
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
As far as another special Disney cashout... only Tricia knows the answer to that one! She did say that there will not be another one in 2007. The rest of us would just be speculating as far as when the next one would be, but I think from looking at the past year, it has been about once a quarter.

For some people shopping credits really add up! I always check SR now before making purchases to see if I can get a good deal and SR credit- and quite often I can. I have been doing my Christmas shopping through SR and it is really adding up! There are also some higher paying offers that most of us have done- some that come to mind are York Photo, VistaPrint, Zooba book club and Boca Java (among others). I only sign up for ones that I am really interested in and the credits have added up over time. If you are interested in an offer, you can search for it in the forum and usually find out how others liked the offer, etc.

Other than those things, I do the daily surveys (.80/day plus bonus) and some of the smaller offers. If you were able to get a survey for 25 days during the month, that would give you $20 plus a $5 bonus- easy money!!

I'm sure others will chime in on how they have made money. Good luck to you! Once you get the hang of it, it's fun and addictive!

disneyfreak7
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
It has become addictive! I have been trying the surverys, but did not get paid for one last week that I spent a lot of time on and I did one this morning, how long does it take to credit? It does not show up yet. I have also been going through the "most popular" offers. And I am going to do a lot of my christmas shopping with SR links also. I have been checking a lot for the paid clikcs under earn daily. I never seem to get any?

bs4free
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
The surveys will credit on the next day except surveys for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will not credit until Monday...

The paid clicks appear at random for a limited number of clicks... I have not had one in days either... but my guess would be that Tricia being on vacation might have something to do with not having found new ones, but thats ok... in about the last 3 months i have got .60 in paid clicks so thats about .20 a month which may not seem like alot but it does add up... HTH

mollyeilis
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
It has become addictive! I have been trying the surverys, but did not get paid for one last week that I spent a lot of time on and I did one this morning, how long does it take to credit? It does not show up yet. I have also been going through the "most popular" offers. And I am going to do a lot of my christmas shopping with SR links also. I have been checking a lot for the paid clikcs under earn daily. I never seem to get any?

For help with surveys, definitely check out the Daily Surveys thread as well as the "surveys to avoid thread". Add to those, too, if you do a survey and it's awful or easy, etc.

Cashing out $25 at a time seems so labor intensive for the Sunshine family...I have indeed done it, but I really try to do it for more than that.

m 'n c
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM

I try to do the daily surveys religiously and then I do the freebies when they are posted since that is the time when chances are best for you to get credit for them (as they age they can be harder to get credit for various reasons). I also shop quite a bit (not as much as the people in the thousands). I have also been a member for over a year so this wasn't an overnight jump from $10 to $400. Shoebuy is one of the best merchants on here - 13% cash back and 10% off each time you order from them. I easily earn $6 on every order I make (about 1 order every 2 months for about $50 give or take).