PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question???

fordisneyap08
10-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi!! I'm a Newbie and having a great time on SR. However I do have a few questions for all you SR Veterans--- I have been doing the surveys and free offers. When do these offers typically credit? (It's been a few days and I think only one or two have credited.) I am taking it slow as I have read in previous posts and only done a few a day. Another question---When should I clear cookies---after each offer I do or do I wait until I've done a few and then clear? (very confused on this as I have tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to make a difference) What am I doing wrong??:confused:

bs4free
10-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome fordisneyap08, a fellow New Yorker..., I am glad that you have joined SR and the SR forums we have lots of fun, and alot of us really enjoy disney.... any time you have any questions just ask, like you just did, and we are happy to help...

The daily surveys the ones for .80 if completed will credit the next day except for any surveys done on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday they will not credit until Monday.. How do you know if you have done a survey try to do another one and it will say exceeded your daily limit then you can be almost certain that it will credit...

The offers the fast crediting ones usually credit with in an hour on the hour.. others are manual credits and can be anything from days to weeks...
I would start with the fast crediting offers and like you said keep going slow ... Btw are you using only one e-mail address because that could also be a reason why your not getting credit, are you looking for confirmation e-mails that you have to click for the offers sometimes they end up in the spam/bulk mail folders....

The Cookie debate... I clear my cookies anywhere from several times a day to only a few times a week depending on how many offers i have done... I use the CCleaner program works great and fast and free... Their is no set rule as to when, I try to wait for the offers to credit if fast crediting then clear...I think the only time i have cleared after each offer is when we doing a lot of offers from the same company...ie MID (My insider deals) offers... but when it comes to cookies clear often when you think you need too...

I do not know what your doing wrong you seem to be doing things right but i would suggest getting a long gmail account and using dots to filter your web mail for each offer for tracking... that may help...

Hope this has helped and again welcome to SR...

fordisneyap08
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks so much for all the great info!! I do have two email addresses--yahoo and gmail. I will start checking my spam/bulk folders more carefully. As far as cookies then maybe I am clearing them too soon??? Am I supposed to wait until an offer credits??

bs4free
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Not always...like with manual credits they can take a few days and you can usually clear your cookies before that.. you just need time for the cookies to talk and do their job tracking... Their is no good rule of thumb clearing all i can tell you is what i do and i clear after i have done a few offers and if fast crediting have credit or any of them credited... or if its been a few days i clear... I also clear before i plan on doing a bunch of offers... Again i hope this is helping....

One member mentioned to have an e-mail address just for offers ie a Google and use dot filtering and to empty the spam and inbox and have the e-mail opened in a new tab of your browser while doing an offer as they send the confirmation e-mails with in a few minutes then you can easily find it and click it then clear spam and inbox before doing another offer... Hope that helps...

fordisneyap08
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Thank you again---That does help:)

bs4free
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Your welcome, just keep asking questions it how we all have learned...

vegaskjk
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Does the ccleaner (the one you download) work better than just going through internet options on my computer? Also, when you clear your cookies, do you have to delete all your history, or just clear cookies?

m 'n c
10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Does the ccleaner (the one you download) work better than just going through internet options on my computer? Also, when you clear your cookies, do you have to delete all your history, or just clear cookies?

I find that ccleaner picks up cookies and such that normally get "missed" by clearing through IE->Tools-> Options-> etc

You can tweak ccleaner to leave cookies for certain sites you visit often such as SR but I have yet to sit down and figure it out but maybe someone else can.

bs4free
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
You can add some cookies to a safe list, but what i found to be even simpler is to use IE only for SR and offers and Firefox for everything else and tell CCleaner not to touch Firefox and it cleans ie out very well...