PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti Update

gpp2001
10-26-2007, 11:25 AM
My source tells me that they have been working really hard to open Y & Y and it should be open very soon!! We leave to go to WDW on November 8th and it should be open by that time! It may even be open now!!

Just wanted to keep everybody up to date.

LuvMyBoys
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
My source tells me that they have been working really hard to open Y & Y and it should be open very soon!! We leave to go to WDW on November 8th and it should be open by that time! It may even be open now!!

Just wanted to keep everybody up to date.

Thanks for the update!! We were so bummed that it wasn't ready on our trip this year! :(

I want to know what the menu is and if they are going to take the ddp?? Can't wait to find out!

bs4free
10-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I hope you get to eat at the yak and yeti and then can tell us all about it....

pbhall13
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
where did you hear this from..................we head there Nov. 9th to the 16th and would love to have that option at AK. My fingers are crossed for the opening!!!!

SunshineGirl
10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
It didn't look like it was open yet while we were there. :( But it looks like it is going to be in an awesome location!

gpp2001
10-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I have inside information and I cannot reveal my sources. Sorry, if I told you, I'd have to kill you!!:) I've been sworn to secrecy!!

SunshineGirl
10-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I have inside information and I cannot reveal my sources. Sorry, if I told you, I'd have to kill you!!:) I've been sworn to secrecy!!

What a tease. LOL!

shades99
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
As of last weekend, the window casings weren't in and the upper level is totally open with no roof. Now, maybe that is how they plan to finish off the building (with no roof on the top floor and open windows)...but, it sure looks like they have quite a way to go to make an early November opening??

Has anybody tried to book a reservation for this place yet?

3dog2kidmom
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Has anybody tried to book a reservation for this place yet?

I asked last week when I saw the menu posted on the DIS. You can make reservations beginning December 3. So I now have an alarm on my outlook calendar as well as my cell phone to get up early (think CRT ressies!) and call them. I rearranged a few things to fit it in for lunch on AK day... I'm very excited about it!!

pbhall13
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Just got back late last night and Yak and Yeti and the counter service part of it are officially open!!! We ate at the counter service part on its opening day, Wednesday, I think we were the 10th customer...........the counter service part has kung pao beef, shrimp lo mein, crispy honey chicken, pork rolls, fried rice and the kids menu was pretty typical for disney. All of the adult meals come with white sticky rice and are in cute take out chinese style containers. I got the crispy chicken and my ex got the kung pao beef. Both were good. I will do a food/dining report soon!

Looked really quickly at Yak and Yeti sit down, but don't remember the menu....I would call and get your reservations now!!! Since the food options at AK are limited I am sure they will book up fast.

Pamela

bs4free
11-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Thanks Sounds Very Yummy!

gpp2001
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi - we just got back last night! What an awesome vacation!! More on that later. We ate at Yak and Yeti on Thursday. We did the table service - it was awesome!! I had Chicken Lo Mein - very good with a ton of chicken. You could also get it with shrimp instead of chicken. My brother-in-law had the Pho with shrimp which is glass noodles in a broth - again a ton of shrimp. He said it was good! His friend had the Mahi Mahi - when it arrived we all thought it was a deep fried piece of cod with ketsup over it, but it wasn't - it was breaded but not deep fried and the red sauce was really good - we couldn't figure out exactly what it was - but he really enjoyed it!! DD had a kid's meal - I can't remember what it was. All in all, it was extremely good!!

As a PP posted - they are not taking reservations until December but I think that they are for January. The cast member I talked to said that they weren't taking any reservations until January.

It was nice to have a table service restaurant at AK. But I still love going to Flame Tree Barbeque, so I don't know if Yak & Yeti will replace that for me.

They have a ton of kinks to work out. When we went to the sign in stand - they told us 25-30 minute wait "but don't go far - it could be a lot sooner." And it was - 15 minutes max. But it was only their second day open.

The other thing they need to work out is the wait staff needs to know their menu a little better - I order a Tsing Tau beer and the waiter didn't know if they had it - they did, I saw it on the menu!

All in all - it was really nice but I don't know that it will be added to my favorites list.

3dog2kidmom
11-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi - we just got back last night! What an awesome vacation!! More on that later. We ate at Yak and Yeti on Thursday. We did the table service - it was awesome!! I had Chicken Lo Mein - very good with a ton of chicken. You could also get it with shrimp instead of chicken. My brother-in-law had the Pho with shrimp which is glass noodles in a broth - again a ton of shrimp. He said it was good! His friend had the Mahi Mahi - when it arrived we all thought it was a deep fried piece of cod with ketsup over it, but it wasn't - it was breaded but not deep fried and the red sauce was really good - we couldn't figure out exactly what it was - but he really enjoyed it!! DD had a kid's meal - I can't remember what it was. All in all, it was extremely good!!

As a PP posted - they are not taking reservations until December but I think that they are for January. The cast member I talked to said that they weren't taking any reservations until January.

It was nice to have a table service restaurant at AK. But I still love going to Flame Tree Barbeque, so I don't know if Yak & Yeti will replace that for me.

They have a ton of kinks to work out. When we went to the sign in stand - they told us 25-30 minute wait "but don't go far - it could be a lot sooner." And it was - 15 minutes max. But it was only their second day open.

The other thing they need to work out is the wait staff needs to know their menu a little better - I order a Tsing Tau beer and the waiter didn't know if they had it - they did, I saw it on the menu!

All in all - it was really nice but I don't know that it will be added to my favorites list.

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to make our reservations :D

ETA: Do either of you have photos of the food or the inside of the restaurant? How is the theming? Do you feel like you're in Asia?

gpp2001
11-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Sorry - I don't have pictures. The theming is great. My DBIL's friend wanted to buy some of the masks and other items that they have around. The cast member he talked to, said that the guy who did the interior collected the stuff over the years. Most of it is real stuff.

The acostics in the room that we were in needed to be fixed - it was very loud. But my sources tell me they are aware of the problem and it's on the punch list!

eaglesdare
11-27-2007, 08:53 AM
yak and yeti is on the dining plan.

bs4free
11-27-2007, 09:16 AM
WOOT That is great news... and makes it even more a must try in the future....