PDA

View Full Version : Going in August...help from my friends???

linanglab
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
August 3-11. Hoping Airtran will change my flight so I can try to go the night before. But it hasn't BUDGED! lol... Seems like when you want it to change, the schedule sticks...boo...

Okay. Getting the quick service dining again this year. LOVED it last time we went.

Trying to get the biggest bang for my buck with the plan. My 15 year old LOVES food. Know about Yak & Yeti, Sunshine Seasons, and flametree. Know you get lots for your money. Anything at HS?

Which place can you get fried rice as a snack? And any good fast food epcot country places? Is there a mexican fast food place? I LOVE mexican. The kids like chinese, american, mexican...maybe other things too, but they are not TOO ambitious.

Read some things on other boards, but would like some first-hand info. Thanks!

bbangel
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I'll be on the search for some things in June and can let you know after that.

gpp2001
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Have you ever had the Fish and Chips at the England Pavilion? I like those!

I like Morocco but I'm not sure if you're that adventuresome!

I'll think on it and post more later!

m 'n c
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I really like the quick service at Germany. You can get a huge soft pretzel as the appetizer, a bratwurst po-boy, and then dessert. Lots of filling food and most of it is normal (I mean it comes with sauerkraut but that can be omitted).

I also like the fish and chips quick service place in England but I remember it being 2 fishes and some chips. Not a lot of food but if you and your daughter share one (it will fill both of you) and get an extra one for the boys you'll be fine.

Hollywood studios is always our PITA place as they just don't have the great food places like Epcot (in our opinion). I remember we at over by the HISTK playground but it was so-so.

catnapfan
05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
In epcot we love the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China. I think we have eaten there every trip. We ate at the Mexico CS probably 5 years ago and it was ok but nothing great. Tried Morocco last year- I liked it, mom hated it and DS15 only ate the meat which he said was good but there was no way he was eating the couscous or hummus. Also tried Japan CS last year and all thought the food was pretty boring. We have always liked Sunshine Seasons.

As for HS we usually eat at ABC Commissary and have always been happy. We also got some pretty good taco salads last year at a stand near TOT. (can't remember the name)

At AK we have done Flame Tree and Yak & Yeti CS and love them both!

At MK our favorites are Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays.

We'll be there in a few weeks and will probably try a few new places. I'll let you know what we think.

linanglab
05-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys! Will be waiting to here from some of you!

And sorry! I put this in the wrong section. Meant for it to be in the restaurant section...ooops!!!!

dwkay8
05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
I wish I could offer better help, but a lot of our favorite places (besides the ones you already listed) are the normal food. We enjoy Columbia Harbor House and Backlot Express.

It is possible to make a QS meal at the Main Street Bakery? You might be able to change it up there on a MK day. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck in Epcot all trip just to eat at new places :)

LuvMyBoys
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
We did the CS plan last August, I did a short review of it on here, it should still be there.

The kids love going to DTD best for CS, WPE for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :rotfl: The older boys love hitting EofS and Cooke's of Dublin.

Otherwise, I'm not too much help. I hope you guys have a great trip! :)

pbhall13
05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
So excited you are heading back with the kids angela!

Our favorite Counter Service:

Columbia House at MK
Pecos Bills at MK (taco salad was pretty good, and most kids like the burgers)
Main Street Bakery (we love getting the french toast loaf and a smoothie and it counts as on CS

Flaming Tree at AK (love the chicken)

France at World Showcases Epcot (my girls love this...you can get a drink, a sandwich - ham & cheese, turkey & cheese, quiche- plus desert .. the girls always get the chocolate mousse, but you can opt for any one of the desserts) This is always a must for my girls!!

Have fun planning!

England at World Showcases Epcot (the fish and chips are great)
Mexico (just did this in October and it was very good)

Also at downtown disney you could do wolfgang puck.... tons of options and they have a small indoor sitting area so it is a nice treat!

iluvamystery89
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
let's see....at DHS, we usually eat either at studio catering company or backlot express. however, last june, we tried toy story pizza planet and liked it more than we expected. i think your kids would enjoy it-it also has an arcade, so it makes a nice, cool place to eat and take a break.
at epcot, we always eat at liberty inn, because my DH is NOT an adventurous eater, strictly meat and potatoes, lol.
at AK, both flame tree bbq and pizzafari are good.
at MK, we LOVE pecos bills (great bbq sub!) and the pinocchio village haus is good as well.

linanglab
05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Wasn't thinking about going to DTD this time around. BUT...with all the CS suggestions, I think we might take a trip down there on our first night there...nice relaxing evening at out in DTD. Just trying to figure out WHICH place to go to???

LuvMyBoys
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Wasn't thinking about going to DTD this time around. BUT...with all the CS suggestions, I think we might take a trip down there on our first night there...nice relaxing evening at out in DTD. Just trying to figure out WHICH place to go to???

We always go to WPE on our first night. It is good food with lots of variety and kind of special :) But it is also fast and no tip or long waits, good for the kids after being in the car all day or flying down! :)