PDA

View Full Version : Yuletide Fantasy Tour

Hedy
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Anybody done it? How was it?

kimntrent
10-29-2007, 12:09 AM
My parents did it last year and they said it was amazing.

Kim

Pooh's Pal
10-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I tried to get reservations for the Yuletide tour two different years and couldn't get in! I went in December (04 & 06) but they never had any openings on the days we had available. From what I understand it's best to book it back in June, July or August when they start booking the Christmas tours. I was trying to get in for just two people but no luck for 2, but they did have solo availability on scattered days, guess they only take 12-15 people on the tour per day.
We ended up doing the "Hidden Treasures" tour at Epcot and it was wonderful...I learned so much about Epcot...but I've read now they do not offer this tour any longer.

I would say defiantly go for the Yuletide tour..if you can get in, Or try the Keys to the Kingdom tour, at the MK, that's another great one!

Hedy
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I tried to get reservations for the Yuletide tour two different years and couldn't get in! I went in December (04 & 06) but they never had any openings on the days we had available. From what I understand it's best to book it back in June, July or August when they start booking the Christmas tours. I was trying to get in for just two people but no luck for 2, but they did have solo availability on scattered days, guess they only take 12-15 people on the tour per day.
We ended up doing the "Hidden Treasures" tour at Epcot and it was wonderful...I learned so much about Epcot...but I've read now they do not offer this tour any longer.

I would say defiantly go for the Yuletide tour..if you can get in, Or try the Keys to the Kingdom tour, at the MK, that's another great one!

That is a plus to going solo.

PSL1013
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
My husband and I have done it twice and we loved it, very interesting and informative. Our first tour was a little better than the second time going but it really depends on the cast members doing the tour in my opinion. Worth booking it, if you are able to. My suggestion...keep trying because sometimes there are cancellations!

Hedy
11-06-2007, 10:40 AM
My husband and I have done it twice and we loved it, very interesting and informative. Our first tour was a little better than the second time going but it really depends on the cast members doing the tour in my opinion. Worth booking it, if you are able to. My suggestion...keep trying because sometimes there are cancellations!

I'm booked, but I may call back to see if there are any cancellations for the day I *really* wanted.

pbhall13
11-06-2007, 11:04 AM
when do they start this tour (what are the dates)

Hedy
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Per WDWinfo.com:
in 07 it was 11/27 to 12/30.

luvdisney
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
just curious what is the Yuletide tour. I have not heard of it before. thanks

PSL1013
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
just curious what is the Yuletide tour. I have not heard of it before. thanks

It's a holiday tour only available for about 1 month every year. You meet at Epcot in front of guest services and they walk you to a bus that is parked just outside of the entrance. The bus drives to the back of Epcot and then you walk to several of counties while they talk about the decorations and customs of those countries. Then you get back on the bus and go to MK and walk out onto main street while they talk about more decorations. Then they will take you to a building that they keep ALL the decorations for every holiday that they decorate for. They have people that work here full time, year round that just do decorations, amazing! Then you will get back on the bus and visit the resorts...we went to AKL and Grand Floridian. They will give you a little surprise gift at the end. I thought it was really a fun tour. :love: