PDA

View Full Version : Prayers.....

rygirlsmum
10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
This has been a pretty sad weekend in this area. First, we had a little girl and her mom shot and killed in their home. They think the 3rd person in the house was the one who did it. It appears he killed himself The little girl was only 5YO and was a kindergartener at the school my oldest went to when we lived in the area. I also worked for that school system, so I know a good number of the people that are now working with the students at the school.

Yesterday, some of you may have heard about the house fire in Ocean Isle Beach, NC. Seven SC college students were killed. This was in Brunswick County, also. My sister works at the hospital that the 6 survivors were brought to. It's just a horrible situation.

I lived in the county these incidents happened in and I have family there, so just knowing the community makes my heart ache.

DisneyMa
10-29-2007, 10:53 AM
oh dear! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hedy
10-29-2007, 11:10 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

linanglab
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I cannot understand people taking lives of other and then killing themselves. I know it is a control issue and they needed help, but it makes me SOOOO angry! To be so young....5 years old. That breaks my heart.

So sorry about the college student also....

Very sad weekend.

bs4free
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs: and a brighter :sunshine: for tomorrow...

Wendi63
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Very, Very sad news. Especially anything that involves children. Prayers for the families left here on earth. It's hard to understand why things like this happen and I can't even begin to comprehend the depth of the grief for the families involved.

jakeandsophiesmom
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I just cannot understand what goes through people's minds that would cause this violence. I guess they are really out of their minds so to speak. It's just horrific.

About the college students, the Hilton Head paper just reported this today and a few of the kids went to high school where we moved from. Such a sad thing that these kid's lives were cut short. I will definitely keep the grieving families on my prayer list.:hugs: