PDA

View Full Version : thread or page for gift card timeline

cglaura
10-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Can someone link or tell me where the new rules / timeline for cashing out for gift cards is. I know it was discussed somewhere but I can't find it.

Is it only Paypal that is on the 15th now? Or gc also.

I'm leaving Dec 4th, so I was wondering if I should cash out now, then it would be sent Nov. 15th. (And if I waited until after Nov 1...survey bonus etc. it wouldn't be mailed until Dec. 15th...too late for trip).

Just wondering if I should let it build up or get another card for the trip....

Am I making sense? :rotfl:

m 'n c
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Gift cards have not been affected as far as I have heard. I think it is still a 2 week cushion to get them. Maybe Tricia will pop in and update us.

Hedy
10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Gift cards have not been affected as far as I have heard. I think it is still a 2 week cushion to get them. Maybe Tricia will pop in and update us.

I'm wondering too-I leave on 12/8 and I'm wondering how much of a cushion I should allow for, esp. w/Thanksgiving.

m 'n c
10-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I think remember reading that Tricia normally goes to the post office with cashouts every 10 days and then its up to the USPS to get to you. So I'm thinking worst case cashout 3 weeks ahead of time to ensure they get to you.

sunshinecindy
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
At minimum for Disney Gift Cards, cash out three weeks in advance. Tricia usually does them every two weeks, but who knows how long the mail will take coming into the holiday season.

cglaura
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys! My main worry was that it might be delayed until Dec 15th if I didn't get it done by Oct. 31.

I think I have enough for the $50 sm card now, but I can't remember what the other increments are for disney dollars.

I was trying to see if I could get to a $25 gc and $30 dd (would need the Oct. survey bonus for this). So to be safe I'll request it as soon as that is posted, that would be about 1 month cushion.

Hedy
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
At minimum for Disney Gift Cards, cash out three weeks in advance. Tricia usually does them every two weeks, but who knows how long the mail will take coming into the holiday season.

Thank you!