PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Air

3dog2kidmom
10-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I am so excited!!! We have flights for our trip already booked -- to Florida on USA3000 with a credit I had but the return is on Southwest. I had an email form SWA this morning with a 7-day sale and I was able to rebook and get a credit of $116 for our same return flights. Now I am thinking I can use that towards my flights for the cruise next year!! YAY!!!

:cooldance:

linanglab
10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Congrats! It does feel good to have flights booked! And to be able to use credits from before! Yeah for you!

pbhall13
10-30-2007, 08:49 AM
I have had great luck with Southwest............for our upcoming trip I originally booked our return flight for $99 and then sometime in September I checked the Ding that came up and saw Orlando to Manchester listed, but it did not specify a Friday night but thought......."I'll check it anyway". Lo and behold I was able to rebook for $34 and got the credit........since the flight has already been paid I feel like I have banked my money for future flight!!!! I am thrilled.........our round trip price in under $100 even with all of the fees/taxes!!

arob414
10-30-2007, 11:05 AM
How far in advance are you able to book your deals?

Mom2aPrincess
11-11-2007, 12:58 AM
I had a great experience with Southwest this week! I got an email on a sale and when I clicked our tickets for going had dropped by $30 for the same exact flight so I rebooked and now have a $90 credit!! Now if I could just get a break for the return flights....Those were a nightmare (December 30 is not a good day to be flying!! :rotfl: )

3dog2kidmom
11-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I had a great experience with Southwest this week! I got an email on a sale and when I clicked our tickets for going had dropped by $30 for the same exact flight so I rebooked and now have a $90 credit!! Now if I could just get a break for the return flights....Those were a nightmare (December 30 is not a good day to be flying!! :rotfl: )

I just rebooked again yesterday morning and got another $24 off. I'm up to a $140 credit. Now... what to use that on before August of 08!?

Mom2aPrincess
11-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I just rebooked again yesterday morning and got another $24 off. I'm up to a $140 credit. Now... what to use that on before August of 08!?

Wow! That's great! Congratulations. Did you get a ding or another email? Or do you just keep an eye on the website? I looked and mine hasn't gone down anymore (even though the discount I took the other day is still there so I feel silly for getting in such a rush). I did see that if we went home a day early we'd save $42 a ticket. That's real tempting...not sure what it would do to my disney reservation though....I think almost any change will increase my rate as I booked before they went to daily rates (when it was still based on the first day of arrival)

3dog2kidmom
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Wow! That's great! Congratulations. Did you get a ding or another email? Or do you just keep an eye on the website? I looked and mine hasn't gone down anymore (even though the discount I took the other day is still there so I feel silly for getting in such a rush). I did see that if we went home a day early we'd save $42 a ticket. That's real tempting...not sure what it would do to my disney reservation though....I think almost any change will increase my rate as I booked before they went to daily rates (when it was still based on the first day of arrival)

I got an email -- was never successful at installing Ding (apparently I am technology challenged, lol). Anyway, we have just the opposite now... we could stay another day for $80. Unfortunately that doesn't justify extending another night at the Poly, but I did consider it :p