PDA

View Full Version : Email headers in hotmail?

katjo8
10-31-2007, 07:39 AM
UGH - I'm trying to file a TT and I've never had to try to find the email headers from my hotmail account before. I opened both links with instructions for getting them from hotmail (Abiki and Mich State) and the instructions don't seem to match my account. I can't find the "options" that is described with the "Mail Display Option" ANYwhere!

Does anyone know how to find the email headers in hotmail?

katjo8
10-31-2007, 08:42 AM
I just tried right clicking in the body of the email and a window popped up with a "view source" option. I clicked this and a notepad window popped up with a bunch of html in it. Is this what I need?

katjo8
10-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Well - I just waded through all that gobbedy gook and to answer my own question...no I don't think the email header was in that notepad window that popped up. Any clue as to where it might be?

m 'n c
10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
No earthly idea. I signed onto my one account there I never use and hate the new Windows Live email setup they have and can't figure out for the life of me where the headers are.

Ok just searched and found this in their help section for the Classic version of Windows Live Hotmail:

To view the e-mail header information:
In the left pane, click Mail.
In the Folders list, click Inbox.
Right-click the message in the message list, and then click View source.

katjo8
10-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Oh thank you so much! I couldn't for the life of me figure that out. I searched their help menus up and down. Gotta file that one away somewhere in case I need that again.

Thanks again!:love: