PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into "So you think you can Dance?"

wilsonfamily4
05-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I am so excited that this started back up. I know I should be embarrased but I love this show? I don't watch any other shows like this but love this one. :)

Mandi
05-25-2007, 02:44 AM
:cooldance: Ooh ooh, me me! :rotfl:

I love the show. I watched just about every episode from seasons 1&2. I'm not a big realty tv person but for some reason this one is interesting to me. Strangely enough, I don't like the celebrity dancing show though. Shoot, can't even think of the name now.

luvdisney00
05-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I like it too! The only other reality show that I watch is American Idol..I love to watch them with my girls. My daughters are dancers on a competition team so we naturally love to watch and critique So You Think You Can Dance!

chocovrdmicears
05-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I didn't watch it last night, but now that my favorites are gone for the summer :cry:( Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, 24 and only 2 more weeks of Sopranos) I will probably watch it. And yes, mh dh and I have very little social life outside our house. :rotfl:

wilsonfamily4
05-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I am glad I am not the only one!! I really don't like the show until they find all the people for vegas. Then I love it!!! And I also don't like dancing with the stars so I am not sure why I like this one. But I DOODODODOO:rotfl:

Candi
05-26-2007, 04:27 PM
You already know I like it. :cooldance:
________
FZ6 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6)

zoodoyle
05-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I love it also!! Looking forward to the vegas shows - I have a hard time watching when they tell people how bad they are, even if they are pretty bad!! ;)

m 'n c
05-31-2007, 07:01 PM
me me me. Actually both me and my bf are really into that show. I'm so happy its on this summer cause it gives me something to watch.

Chelley00
05-31-2007, 09:34 PM
LOVE this show. Believe it or not, my 14 year old son is a closet SYTYCD watcher too (don't tell his friends!)

(and I can imitate Mary's laugh to a T!)

3dog2kidmom
05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
We are watching now. Love it!

lenzs4
05-31-2007, 10:53 PM
I love it once it gets past the auditions! I also love Idol! Those are the only two reality shows I like and I do not think it is thecompetitions so much as I love to hear what they sing/ see what dance style they get and I Love to compare my thoughts to the judges.
I was a dancer as a child and I even was asked to judge a state competition once. It was a lot of fun!

wilsonfamily4
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
I am so glad there are Others. :) I also am looking forward to VEGAS! The real dancing and none of that mean talk. It is on in half an hour here!!!

Candi
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
It was so good to see Benji on it again. His sister is really good.
________
buy silver surfer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

Chelley00
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
There was an article in today's paper about someone from the town I live in making it through to Vegas from the Chicago audition. And then they let it slip that she goes to the final audition in Vegas and is asked to leave. That blows the show for me! :computer:

m 'n c
06-01-2007, 05:28 PM
It was so good to see Benji on it again. His sister is really good.

Man that is just one dancing family. First Him and Heidi and now his little sister.

I wish they would update us on what he is doing know. I don't think he took the Celine Dion Show last year.

Candi
06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Plus, there dad is a famous swing dancer.:cooldance:
________
Yamaha XT500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XT500)

Kittykat
06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Love love LOVE this show! I didn't realize it was on last night and managed to catch the last fifteen minutes of it. DH and I were watching when the overweight "hip hop" dancer auditioned...imagine my surprise when they showed her hometown...and it's the same as mine! :O

I didn't recognize her but my mom swears she knows who she is! :p

lenzs4
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
We are down to the top 20!! Can't wait until the dancing begins:cooldance: :banana: :party: I do not have favorites yet, we will see who stands out next week!!!

wilsonfamily4
06-11-2007, 12:24 AM
There are some in the top 20 I don't really like. I have no favorites yet. Can't wait to see them and start to get to know them. :)

Tasha228
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I love this show too! I started watching last year only because there was nothing else on. I really didn't expect to become hooked but I did. Dh likes it too, actually, and it is one of the shows that we watch together.

I have no favorites yet either. I'm sure I will in the next few weeks though.

Candi
06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I think it's interesting that there are three siblings of contests from last year.:cooldance:
________
volcano vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

lenzs4
06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I think it's interesting that there are three siblings of contests from last year.:cooldance:

I only saw one - who are they? Who was the sib?

Candi
06-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Benji's sister, Salizlav's(sp?) sister and Travis's adopted brother. I didn't like Travis's brother. He is very sure of himself. I really like Benji's sister and Salizlav's sister.

lenzs4
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Is Salivzaz (sp?) the guy that showed his chest a lot?
Is Travis' brother the good dancer with the attitude?

lenzs4
06-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I TIVO this and watchwithout commercial. At 8:00 (an hour into the show) I wen tin to watch - Mt DH stopped the record :( I saw the first couple and the last four couple and that was it:mad: So I still do not know for sure which is Travis' brother although I think I have a guess. I saw Slav.'s sister.

wilsonfamily4
06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
SOSOSO not happy with last night. I lay in bed last night just fuming. i am not sure why they let her go. She was so good. I know her solo wasn't great but she would never have been voted in the bottom 3 if she had danced as she and Pasha were so good. Still not happy with those judges!

lenzs4
06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Just watched - I TIVOed it. Tivo stopped before results were in - I take it Pasha's partner was let go. Who was the guy?

wilsonfamily4
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Jesus was the guy to be let go

Candi
06-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Wilsonfamilyof4, I almost called you about this. I was not happy either. It was very unfair and she wouldn't have even been in the bottom 3 if she had done that dance the night before. I am not a big fan of her and don't think she would be around much longer but I have to admit that it was so unfair. Then for Kat to say that your votes put them there was awful because our votes didn't put her there. Dh was not happy about that comment. I love Lacey and Cameron. They are my faves.

lenzs4
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info! She danced very well on the Cha cha cha last night!

lenzs4
07-28-2007, 11:52 AM
With the two apologies they gave at the beginning of the show - did anyone see/read about the complaints? I had not heard anything before the apologies and was surprised by the complaints... I did not notice the jacket (we are a navy family but I missed it) and I had not taken offense by the dance routine - I thought it was very good and had a good message. I guess I did not take it the way others did. :confused:

wilsonfamily4
07-28-2007, 01:08 PM
I also was unaware of what went on. I thought she loooked cute and would never even realize what her jacket stood for. But I am glad she apologized for it. They do work so hard and do not need those offenses. I also thought the routine was just fine. What is wrong with peace. I mean really that is what we fight for. :)

I was sad to see Jamie go. I liked her but I do think the other ladies have more talent.

lenzs4
07-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Before the show - I thought Pasha and his partner - Lauren? would go but their couples routine was really good - I think that must have saved them. The two that left were not my favorites but I was surprised they left

wilsonfamily4
07-28-2007, 05:46 PM
i don't have a favorite anymore. I liked Hok but he is gone. The rest are fine. I am not in love with anyone like last year with Benji. This year I just like the show but don't care who wins.

Candi
07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
My favorite is Lacey. I also like Neil and Sabra. I thought Dominic would go this week. I really think all the Lacey votes saved Cameron before.

wilsonfamily4
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Well this is the week. Sure went fast. I am not sure I even care who wins this year. I actually don't like Lacey. I feel she is too showey and not genuine. I know everyone in America loves her. I think one of the guys should win. How about you all?

zoodoyle
08-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Well this is the week. Sure went fast. I am not sure I even care who wins this year. I actually don't like Lacey. I feel she is too showey and not genuine. I know everyone in America loves her. I think one of the guys should win. How about you all?

I started out really liking Lacey, but my love is now NEIL!!!!! I love him, love him, love him!! :love: My daughters (7 and 4) want Sabra to win, mostly because she was in High School Musical :p

Tasha228
08-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Count me as another who just does NOT like Lacey. She just bugs me. I LOVE Neil though! I hope he wins. If not him, then Danny or even Sabra. I like those 3 okay but I just don't want Lacey to win.

Mandi
08-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Another who can't stand Lacey. She acts all humble when she's clearly not. I really really hope she doesn't win. I'd love to see Neil or Sabra win. But really I'd be ok with any of the other 3.

I'm bummed that tomorrow is the last show. :( At least we know it'll be back next season. :cooldance:

Tasha228
08-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah, it seems like this season just flew by, doesn't it?

wilsonfamily4
08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Well I think all 3 of them are deserving in some way. Even Lacey could win and that would be fine I just so don't want her to. :) I think Danny is very good but I like Neil's personality. And Sabra is very talented. I thought she looked like she has lost some weight since the beginning of the season. I wonder if they all lose weight from all this

Candi
08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
I have always felt like Danny was too sure of himself but he is growing on me. I still love Lacey but really like Neil and Sabra too. I can't wait to see what happens. I voted for Lacey several times.:cooldance:

m 'n c
08-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Did anyone else feel like when they announced the winner that it was just very anti-climatic? There was such a build up and then it just died. I felt bad for the winner.

lorisnuts
08-17-2007, 12:07 AM
what was with the dress that cat was wearing tonight. sooo ugly can't even find words to describe it.

bs4free
08-17-2007, 12:07 AM
That does not sound like a happy wow what a season type of ending that a lot of reality tv shows give? thats really just too bad for the person that won!

wilsonfamily4
08-17-2007, 03:02 AM
YES, it was very anti-climatic! I was like do we get to talk to her, see her?

I missed the first hour because of a meeting so did Hok dance at all that hour? He was my fave!

lmroyea
08-17-2007, 03:13 AM
what was with the dress that cat was wearing tonight. sooo ugly can't even find words to describe it.

My DH & I always joke that Cat makes her own dresses. One of our favorite parts of the show is what is Cat going to where tonight!? She's so creative:p

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
My DH & I always joke that Cat makes her own dresses. One of our favorite parts of the show is what is Cat going to where tonight!? She's so creative:p

While I'm not crazy about everything she wears, I certainly appreciate her style. :p

I am *so* glad that Sabra won! I was afraid it was going to be Danny and was actually surprised when Cat made the announcement. I was shocked, too, by how abruptly it ended. I was like...that's it?!

DH & I are mulling over whether we should head to Atlanta to see the tour. I haven't even checked ticket prices (or availability for that matter) but we both would love to see them on tour. They'll be in Atlanta the day before my birthday...so I'm thinking birthday present! :p

m 'n c
08-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Hok did a partner dance (mia michaels modern junk) and he was in one of the group dances. Its a shame he couldn't go on tour with them. I think they missed the boat on that one.

I thought if nothing else they should have let Sabra do a solo dance after she was announced the winner.

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Hok did a partner dance (mia michaels modern junk) and he was in one of the group dances. Its a shame he couldn't go on tour with them. I think they missed the boat on that one.

I think Nigel said that Hok would be on tour as an alternate in case some of the top ten are injured during the tour. He also said that there was a good chance that he and Jaimie would perform the "hummingbird" dance on tour since it was so popular. I think he said the four alternates were Hok, Anya...maybe Shauna...and I don't recall who else.

m 'n c
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I think Nigel said that Hok would be on tour as an alternate in case some of the top ten are injured during the tour. He also said that there was a good chance that he and Jaimie would perform the "hummingbird" dance on tour since it was so popular. I think he said the four alternates were Hok, Anya...maybe Shauna...and I don't recall who else.

I think I heard Anya and Shuana as the alternates but not Hok. I think they are going to need alternates to give people a break. 2 hours of heavy dancing will be a lot for everyone to do.

wilsonfamily4
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Now if Hok was going to dance I may really really try to go see the tour!

I am a bit jealous that you are thinking of going. My husband doesn't like the show. The season is painful fo rhim. :) So I would have to find a girlfriend to go with me.
I am so bummed I missed first hour and his dance. Well, all the dances. I would like for them to do a where they are now. I have wondered of some of them have gotten really good dancing jigs now.

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Now if Hok was going to dance I may really really try to go see the tour!

I am a bit jealous that you are thinking of going. My husband doesn't like the show. The season is painful fo rhim. :) So I would have to find a girlfriend to go with me.

The way Nigel made it sound (IMO) is that Hok will be dancing--at least the hummingbird routine with Jaimie if nothing else.

My DH is/was as addicted to the show as I am/was. Of course, it doesn't hurt that there are several cute girls, sometimes scantily clad, dancing around on stage. He's the one that mentioned he'd really like to go see them perform. We're having such a hard time deciding whether we should go or not. He will be off from work the weekend before that for testing, not to mention he'll have been gone the last week of September...and then to take another weekend off to drive to Atlanta...

We're debating. His brother lives outside of Atlanta so at least we could stay somewhere for free! :p

Candi
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Wilsonfamilyof4, you know I would go with you. :) The only thing is that Matt like the show too. He still hasn't watched the end. We watched the first half hour after he got home last night and then he went to bed so I watched the end and we will watch it together tonight. I also was really suprised at the sudden ending. I think they ran out of time.

Tasha228
08-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah, Nigel said something about Hok dancing and a strong possibility of the Hummingbird routine being performed. I am pretty sure he also said it with a wink so I am assuming that is going to be more than just a possibility and he was hinting that it would, in fact, happen.

ETA: With that being said, I have to admit that I am not a Hok or Jaime fan (was actually glad when both were voted off) and the Hummingbird routine actually does nothing for me. I just didn't connect with either of them and didn't care so much for the routine. I have nothing against either dancer though. I also won't be able to go to any of the shows on the tour so I hope they do perform it since I do know that many, many people would love to see it! :)