PDA

View Full Version : Castle Lights!

Magical JenK
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Did any of you happen to see this thread on DIS (if I can't post the link, please feel free to delete!)? I WISH I was going to be there to see this! How beautiful!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1626835

Hedy
11-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm so excited to see it!

Magical JenK
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Hedy
Will you please take photos & post here when you get back?!

linanglab
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I saw this last week. It is stunning. I want to be there in the Christmas season SOOOO bad. But with kids in school, DH's job....it just doesn't work out. I keep hoping DH will whisk me away on a surprise Christmas trip sometime! I have been telling him how ALL these people on SR are surprising their spouses or partners and taking them on WDW trips. (Okay, so I only know of a few, but we won't tell DH that....) Still, here I am....no surprise trip down the road....

Yes!!!! Please post pictures when you get a chance after you get back! I think I would cry if I saw them! (Of course I can be a blubbering idiot at times...probably why DH does NOT take me on a surprise trip. LOL)

Hedy
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hedy
Will you please take photos & post here when you get back?!

Will do. :sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I am so excited to see them as well!!!! :) Now I'm even more pumped about our trip! Less than 6 weeks now!!!

bs4free
11-05-2007, 10:06 PM
WOW i like the new castle lights!!!

Mom2aPrincess
11-11-2007, 01:24 AM
WOW!! Those are awesome!! I can't wait for December 19th to get here!! :rotfl: And those make me so want to splurge on the new camera I've been wanting (even found one on sale Black Friday - just don't know what stores are near the army base in Arizona)

shades99
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM
We saw the castle lights last night and their are absolutely breath taking! Pictures on the web do not do it justice - not even close!! The castle truly looks like it is all iced over with the white lights and blue lights add to the illusion. I don't know how imagineering is ever going to top this in the the years to come. I heard oohs and ahhs all over the place and people taking pictures of the castle as if some big celebrity were standing in front of it for a photo shoot. It is truly amazing!!

Magical JenK
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I heard oohs and ahhs all over the place and people taking pictures of the castle as if some big celebrity were standing in front of it for a photo shoot. It is truly amazing!!

Oh I love it!

icartjetta
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I found this video of the castle lighting last night, I thought some of you might want to check it out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1DS0AE3vTwA

Magical JenK
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
OH wow!! That made me get tears in my eyes! That is really truly beautiful! Thanks so much for posting Traci! I really hope that the do it again next year as we'll be there about this time!! WOW! It's so pretty!!

linanglab
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
OH wow!! That made me get tears in my eyes! That is really truly beautiful! Thanks so much for posting Traci! I really hope that the do it again next year as we'll be there about this time!! WOW! It's so pretty!!

I also teared up quite a bit. How beautiful. How I long to be there this time of year. That would be WONDERFUL. Boy do I wish I was there now....

Thanks for sharing. Maybe in a couple years, I can ask DH to take me there for my Christmas present, birthday present combined for the next couple years!

Jen - I hope you can go too. How incredible that would be!

bs4free
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
thank you very much for the video wow!

cglaura
11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
There are some really pretty pictures here also:

http://www.themeparks.com/

bs4free
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
There are some really pretty pictures here also:

http://www.themeparks.com/
Thanks for the site and the photos WOW!!!! I just love watching the castle all light up!

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I just sent the link to my hubby. He thinks he can never take december off because of his line of work. But I am working on him. Hope someday to get him to go, I would even take the kids myself for a few days if it came down to it.

pbhall13
11-17-2007, 11:26 PM
The twinkle lights are absolutely beautiful. We saw them for the first time Sunday night (11/11) and did it make you just say "AHHHHHHHHH" And it was even more beautiful on the night of MMVCP with the fireworks going off above it!!

Sunni
11-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow! Absolutely incredible! I wish I could see it!

m 'n c
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh that was such a cute video. Thanks for finding it and posting.

gpp2001
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
I just sent the link to my hubby. He thinks he can never take december off because of his line of work. But I am working on him. Hope someday to get him to go, I would even take the kids myself for a few days if it came down to it.

Tell your DH that you could go in November!! The lights were already up on Sunday, November 11!! I have been going to WDW this time of year for 6 years and this is by far the earliest I have ever seen it decorated for Xmas!! Usually, they are just getting started on decorating on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

So, tel your DH that you could go in mid-November!! :sunshine2:

pbhall13
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Here is a picture I took last Sunday night (first official night)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/pbhall13/101_0324.jpg

It is just beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice!

bs4free
11-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Here is a picture I took last Sunday night (first official night)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/pbhall13/101_0324.jpg

It is just beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice!
I want to live on Main Street!

emtntn
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I have just returned from Disney today and the castle lights are so fabulous. I would also love to live on Main St.

disneynut
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Just coming back to reality after returning. I must say that the castle lights are absolutely beautiful......:heart: MVMCP was awesome too.. I will have to post some pics later. :sunshine:

PrincessFiona
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I have had to close my eyes and look away at each picture of the castle. I don't want to see it until I am there in person. It has been hard and I have caught glimpses of photos but so far have looked away each time.

Just a few more weeks and we are there:cooldance: