PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite restaurant at WDW?

TXMouseChaser
05-25-2007, 10:51 AM
DH and I were talking about WDW restaurants.. (making ADRs) and I was surprised to hear that he picked the Brown Derby as his favorite. I really thought he would have picked one where he got more food.. he is a big eater! :rotfl:

So what is your favorite restaurant in WDW?

Soccer Princess
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Right now, Le Cellier. We are trying quite a few new ones on our next trip though, so it might change! :)

mom2dea
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
My Dh would pick chief mickeys hand down every trip we HAVE to go there !

I am not a huge meal person but more a snack person so like all the snack shops all around .

Sarah

bbangel
05-25-2007, 01:05 PM
My two favourites were Le Cellier and Coral Reef. Of course I haven't tried them all....yet.

Magical JenK
05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Oohh soo many faves...but I guess I'd have to say Momma Melrose and California Grill. YUMMMM!!

TXMouseChaser
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I want to try Coral Reef next time we go! :mickey:

tcarr5
05-25-2007, 02:26 PM
dining in the castle :)

then anywhere in epcot :)

mrsheppo
05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
LeCellier, but we are trying the Coral Reef in December.

PSL1013
05-25-2007, 08:30 PM
At a Resort: Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club
At MGM: Brown Derby
At MK: The Plaza for lunch/Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner
At Epcot: All of them... :love:

Anna
05-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Wow...so many we like....

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern
MGM: Mama Melrose
AK: Rainforest Cafe
Epcot: Le Cellier
Resort: Whispering Canyon Cafe or Artist Pointe
We :heart: to :eat:

KinziePooh
05-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Le Cellier for dinner and Crystal Palace for breakfast.

losassok
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM
In 18 trips in the last 7 years, we've only missed Crystal Palace for lunch one trip. It's become tradition. Sometimes we do it twice in one trip. I don't eat much so I like being able to have a small spoonful of several things rather than a huge plate of one single food.

Next trip Oct 2007 :sunshine:

speechteachri
05-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Castle dinner
1900 Park Fare dinner

nolacindy
05-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Rose and Crown, I know it's not everyones favorite, but if you can get a seated before Illuminations it's a great spot.

3dog2kidmom
05-28-2007, 09:55 AM
It is so hard to pick...

Best family experience: 'Ohana (dinner - at a window table during Wishes!); Chef Mickey's dinner is a close second
Best atmosphere: CRT
Best food: Le Cellier
Best characters: Tie - CRT breakfast & Chef Mickey dinner

This thread is very timely since we're contemplating a Christmas trip, and I'm debating whether we want to back to favorites or try new places!

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm really wondering about Ohana now. We've never done it before. It may even be too late to get in for October?

3dog2kidmom
05-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm really wondering about Ohana now. We've never done it before. It may even be too late to get in for October?

It's worth a try. We REALLY REALLY loved it - and I hope to make it a tradition. The food was delicious, the service outstanding, the kids had a great time doing the parades and the limbo, and DH and I really enjoyed the Lapu Lapus :love:

chocovrdmicears
05-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I am always in the minority when I say my favorite place but I love :love: Nine Dragons. The honey sesame chicken is so yummy! And my DH goes crazy for some canotonese pepper steak thingy.
I also love the Crystal Palace. Especially breakfast (breakfast lasagne! yum!). And Kona's Tonga Toast for breakfast is like nothing else.
The Hollywood Brown Derby is wonderful but I can't bear to part with 2 of my dining credits to eat there again. :(
LeCellier is consistently fantastic too..
We are trying Coral Reef & Whispering Canyon for the first time this Sept.

did you ask for just one favorite? :blush:

wilsonfamily4
05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
My favorites are
Ohana--my husband and I joke about just flying to WDW to do dinner there and coming back. YUMMY. and watching wishes while eating yummy food is great
PS
I had to go back and add that the sevice really was outstanding. We were INCREDIBLY impressed with the young man who waited on us.

1900 Park Fare for breakfast. It is fun to go to the Grand Floridian, eat good food, good variety and different characters.

kerry34
05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I loved Ohana and LeCellier the best. There are still ALOT I need to try though. Good excuse to keep on going back right:eat:

luvdisney
05-31-2007, 07:20 AM
I went last July with 3 of my kids and they loved Chef Mickeys. Me and my DH are going in Sept. without kids :) . DH doesn't want to do any character meals so we are trying other restraunts like Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Boma. I can't wait to try them. We will be going back in 2008 with the kids plus my sister her kids and grandmothers (12 of us all together). We should have a good group of restraunts to choose from for then, having tried out quite a few

Tasha228
06-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh, this is too hard to pick!

We loved just about everywhere we've eaten!

Some that come to mind off the top of my head:

Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
'Ohana (dinner)
CP (breakfast)
LTT (Dinner)
Coral Reef (dinner)
Rose and Crown Pub (they have the best steak...yum!)
RFC at AK

There are more but those are just the first I thought of.

Here are some that were not our favorites:

Boma (won't eat there again, none of us really liked it but the lobster soup is good)
WCC (fun but not a fave)
Spoodles (not a fave)
Sci-Fi (dh hates eating there and we've done so twice)
Mama Melrose (we did like this but it wasn't a favorite--great for the Fantasmic package though!)

I find Le Cellier to be way overrated. It's okay but not one of my favorites. Dh liked it though.

We've eaten quite a few other places as well but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

gpp2001
06-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I have a list of must do's sitting here on my desk:

Rose & Crown
Ohana
Flying Fish
California Grill
Teppanyaki

docsmom
06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Boma is my overall favorite. A lot of variety and a bit out of the ordinary (and Zebra Domes...Yummmmm). CA Grill and Jiko are neck in neck favorites for a romantic dinner with DH.:heart:

m 'n c
06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Biergarten, Liberty Tree Tavern and then Chef Mickey's for breakfast. :)

The Cheshire Cat
06-08-2007, 10:37 AM
We have several favs

We always eat O'hana for breakfast one day
CRT for one meal
Garden Grill lunch

Just something really special about doing a character meal! I hope my son never out grows that!

Pooh's Pal
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Flying Fish, LeCellier & Narcoosees are my absolute fav's!!
close seconds (when I'm with my teens) Prime Time 50's, Cape May Buffet breakfast and the Castle.

So many fine choices.....too little trips to eat at all...but someday I will!! :rotfl:

kimntrent
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I am anxious to try the new italian restaurant there. Since it was bought by the Patina group it should be great. All of their places are awesome. I live in the Napa Valley and have several here.
________
Singapore Cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/singapore/)

toystoryduo
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Biergarten, Cap-n-Jacks, and RFC are our favorites because they are the only ones we have eaten at.:rotfl: For our trip in September, we have the following scheduled:

Cap-n-Jacks
Mama Melrose's
Tony's Town Square
Spoodles
Chef Mickey's
Le Cellier

We have had Le Cellier's cheese soup and pretzel bread to go, but since the dining plan came out, we haven't been able to get that soup or bread for takeout. :(

We can't wait to try these new places!:cooldance:

dreamer13079
06-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Kona is my favorite. The atmosphere is amazing and the food is even better! :) The DDP allows you to try all kinds of different food there without worrying about cost but even without the plan I wouldn't miss going there on any trip to Disney. Definitely my all time favorite!

schachteles
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I get a new favorite each time we go, last time we LOVED the breakfast at Ohana...this trip we are trying the dinner.

dreamer13079
07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
We also love the breakfast at Ohana. The juice and pineapple bread are so darn good. The character interaction is great also! I can't wait to try dinner there next time too.

ligrumpygirl
07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
California Grill! We ate there on my wedding night 2 yrs ago and we are going back this year on our anniversary.

luvdisney00
07-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I have to say from our last trip our fave was Chef Mickey for breakfast. Next week we are trying Ohana, Ashkerhaus, Coral Reef, Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace for the 1st time. Can't wait.....I'll let you know how it goes!!!:mickey:

3dog2kidmom
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I've been thinking about what ADRs to book for January already...

6 days, 5 nights = 5 DDP dinners...

1) Whispering Canyon Cafe (repeat for me, but want DH to try it)
2) San Angel Inn
3) Mama Melrose (again, repeat for me, but loved it and want DH to go)
4) Boma after AK
5) Coral Reef - lunch

Any thoughts?

coastalgirl
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I've been thinking about what ADRs to book for January already...

6 days, 5 nights = 5 DDP dinners...

1) Whispering Canyon Cafe (repeat for me, but want DH to try it)
2) San Angel Inn
3) Mama Melrose (again, repeat for me, but loved it and want DH to go)
4) Boma after AK
5) Coral Reef - lunch

Any thoughts?

We love Coral Reef, if you want the diver and sign PM I have her email!! Love Boma!!! It is one of my favs, though the kids would rather do something else, but they love being AKL so it works out!! Those are the only 2 that you have listed that we have ate at!!
I had the diver for DS & MIL on our last visit in May and had the special menu made for DS. He was so proud of both. When someone asked if it was his birthday he told them "no, my mom just loves me that much!!!":heart: It was really cool!!! Let me know if you want more info!!
Lydia

3dog2kidmom
07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
We love Coral Reef, if you want the diver and sign PM I have her email!! Love Boma!!! It is one of my favs, though the kids would rather do something else, but they love being AKL so it works out!! Those are the only 2 that you have listed that we have ate at!!
I had the diver for DS & MIL on our last visit in May and had the special menu made for DS. He was so proud of both. When someone asked if it was his birthday he told them "no, my mom just loves me that much!!!":heart: It was really cool!!! Let me know if you want more info!!
Lydia

Thanks, Lydia. I've heard mixed reviews on Coral Reef but I think we just have to try it once. And I've heard nothing but good about Boma so can't wait to try it.

mikeesuee
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
My first choice for a nice dinner is Le Cellier and for family fun Ohana

mseg16222
07-04-2007, 01:48 PM
We really enjoyed a nice family dinner at Coral Reef last year and it was right beside the tanks. There was a huge turtle that sat right by us and my son was entranced. THe food was good and we had a great server.

We went to Ohana for the buffet in the evening. My husband and sons didn't care for the food at all. So I would not be doing that one again.

nurseminnie76
07-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I love Crystal Palace and the puffed french toast for breakfast. I also really like Le Cellier for dinner. Makes me wish I was going to be there soon. :love:

Weluvdisny
07-04-2007, 06:35 PM
We love Whispering Cayons in the Wilderness Lodge.

Weluvdisny
07-04-2007, 06:36 PM
And Biergarten