PDA

View Full Version : 1 month, 1 week, XX days....any advice?

Lisaj68
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh crap! I'm starting to get nervous!!!

I know which days we will be in which park, but I don't know about which rides at specific times, etc.

Any suggestions to books or websites???

Will this part of my planning take a long time????

cglaura
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Breath in....Breath out!!! You will have a great time!

My most important tip: If your plan isn't working, don't get stressed, go w/ the flow, make a new plan! Don't miss seeing or experiencing something b/c the plan says you are supposed to go NOW to HERE! But they are great for getting the gist of a day.

As far as sites go, here are some, but you have to pay for the service.

I have used Len Testa from Touring Plans, pretty happy with the "plan" (the Unofficial Guide to WDW book guy...).

I have heard good things about Tour Guide Mike, but no personal experience...

(not sure if allowed to post links, but google "tour guide mike" or "len testa", s/b first on results pages)

bs4free
11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I have used Tourguidemike (TGM) and love it... It has a lot of information for allowing you to design the plan that works best for you and your family while still giving you all the hints/tips and ideas you may or may not know to make the trip that much better, but will all plans things do not work out so the knowledge you get from reading the site will help you on the fly to make adjustments to your plans...

Its never too late or too early to start planing... Btw do you know when/where you will be eatting...

Lisaj68
11-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Btw do you know when/where you will be eatting...

Oh, YES!!! Those ressies were made 180 out and include places like Cindy's, Hoop de do, CM, etc. !!

I actually signed up for TGM months ago, but found it confusing. However, last night I was on for several hours and actually found the sample park tours. I think that is really what I needed. Someone to tell me, if you have small kids, beat feet to XXX ride as soon as you get to the park, passing ZZZ ride, but then backtract to the ZZZ ride you passed and ride THEN that one!!!

As Mike says, Zig while others Zag!

Any suggestions to a good Disney guide book I can check out at the library?

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I actually signed up for TGM months ago, but found it confusing. However, last night I was on for several hours and actually found the sample park tours. I think that is really what I needed. Someone to tell me, if you have small kids, beat feet to XXX ride as soon as you get to the park, passing ZZZ ride, but then backtract to the ZZZ ride you passed and ride THEN that one!!!

Hi Lisa,

I know people swear by TGM and those touring plans but I have never used them. We went to Disney for the very first time Christmas week in 2005 and were warned that crowds would be overwhelming, so we went expecting to soak in the atmosphere and be immersed in shoulder-to-shoulder people moving en masse. It wasn't really that bad, but my strategy for that trip and one that still works well for our family is the following:
1) you are at Disney -- relax and go with the flow and have fun
2) pick a park for each day (you have done that based on your ADRs it sounds like) --- we made sure to go to the one that had morning EMH's
3) find out what rides/shows are top on each person's list and make a to-do list of those must-do's... anything else is gravy :)
4) grab fastpasses when you can
5) you are at Disney -- relax and go with the flow and have fun!

I realize that you spend a lot of $$ to go to Disney and feel like you have to do it all, but there is no way that can be accomplished and there is a lot to be said for just being at Disney, soaking it in, and people watching, too. And take plenty of breaks for little feet (and big ones, too) to rest. Don't be nervous trying to plan every little detail.

:hugs:

Oh, one thing I will tell you since you are going at Christmastime if you haven't head about this yet... please be sure to go see the Grand Floridian decorations and giant gingerbread house. It is breathtaking!!

Mom2aPrincess
11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm so glad you found TourGuideMike useful. I was about to PM you with directions to the touring guides and such. I LOVE his advice. We are going Dec 19th and I have totally depended on him thanks to how great my last trip with his advice went.

I have my daily park plans done with ADRS according to those, and I copy and pasted the touring guides; shortened them up, printed them on index cards and then laminated the cards...(Yea, I admit..I'm neurotic)....