PDA

View Full Version : Good Reason to Have Referral Link in Signature

SunshineGirl
05-25-2007, 12:35 PM
I was looking at my web statistics to see if the search engines are starting to pick up your posts, and they are! Here are some of the words that people searched for in the last two weeks that the search engine brought them to the forum. If it was your post that they found, they might have signed up under you!

sunshine rewards
sunshine money
sunshine rewards forum
obopay promotion code
disney sunshine rewards
roll and grow
places to redeem disney rewards
consumer research bureau
sunshine forum password
sunshne rewards
sunshinerewardsforum.com
privacymatters cancel
toolbar
earl of sandwich locations oregon
www.sunshinerewards.com
skjuls
rewards statement messages
sunshine reward
upskirt
thegrocerygame log in
generous genie $500 kmart
code rewards forum

TIAMOMMA
05-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Just testing to see if I connected the link correctly to my signature.

TIAMOMMA

bbangel
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Okay, I'm challenged. When I try and add one of the banners it appears in my signature as text. What do I need to add to the code to get the banner to appear?

krg1968
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I never thought of that! Thanks.

TIAMOMMA
05-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Let me try this again and see if I got this right.

Nope, I guess I'm signature challenged.

experiment_627
05-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Now if I can just get to 25 posts, so I can display mine.

I guess this makes me one closer. :rotfl:

TIAMOMMA
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
OOOOHHH....is that why the link doesn't show up? You need 25 posts before this occurs? I just thought it was a PICNIC situation (problem in chair, not in computer).

SunshineGirl
05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
It takes about an hour. But once you hit 25 posts, you should be able to put in one of the "how much I earned" banners. I think that anyone should be able to put in the regular banners because they are just an image file with a link. But the others are a little more tricky.

bbangel
05-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Mystery solved. I guess I need to spend more time posting and less time reading.

tcarr5
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM
well thats good to know...i thought it was just me :) looks like i'll be posting more :rotfl:

Wendi63
05-25-2007, 05:22 PM
So, that's how it works. I guess I need to post more, too. Although, I do read the forums religiously every day. :sunshine:

mrsheppo
05-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I still need to post a few more to put the referral in. My total though will look small compared to everyone else's.

bbangel
05-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I still need to post a few more to put the referral in. My total though will look small compared to everyone else's.

Everyone has to start somewhere!

mollyeilis
05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Hmm. Guess I'll have to figure out how to do that! (and check how many posts I have)

Soccer Princess
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I need to keep posting more then!!! :)

Arky
05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
There's so much I need to figure out here! The possibilities are endless!:sunshine:

JillyFish
05-25-2007, 10:03 PM
A couple days ago I did a Google image search for "sunshine clip-art" and one of the results that came up was MY Sunshine forum signature!! :sunshine:

sunmagic
05-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Ok, I wondered what I was doing wrong....:computer:

lrsellars
05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I've noticed that a lot of the signatures have the amount that you have earned. Is that total since you started earning or the total that's currently in your account?

Soccer Princess
05-28-2007, 02:52 PM
That is the total amount since you joined.

Sahmy
05-28-2007, 02:54 PM
OK, let's see if this works.

Yay! It did!

rhiannonwales
05-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Ok is anyone creeped out that the search term "upskirt" bring people to this forum??

lrsellars
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
That is the total amount since you joined.

Thanks for the information!!

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Ok is anyone creeped out that the search term "upskirt" bring people to this forum??

It never ceases to amaze me the keywords that my different website bring people in through. The really funny thing is when a word is misspelled on the site and then tons of people search for the misspelled word instead of the word spelled correctly!

Ellen aka Snow White
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the keywords that my different website bring people in through. The really funny thing is when a word is misspelled on the site and then tons of people search for the misspelled word instead of the word spelled correctly!

We actually attended a website workshop and the guy told us that you could search for the most common misspelled words and then that you SHOULD put some of them somewhere on your site to get the traffic!!:rotfl:
Ellen

llgray16
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
We actually attended a website workshop and the guy told us that you could search for the most common misspelled words and then that you SHOULD put some of them somewhere on your site to get the traffic!!:rotfl:
Ellen

Kind of like that fat fingers site where you can search ebay for words similar to what you are looking for. I have found some great Dinsey things that way :rotfl:

Thanks for the info, Tricia! I can't wait till I have enough to put mine in my signature. I should be there by the end of the day :p

lrsellars
05-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Is the only way to preview a signature without posting on the board through the USER CP area? Just wondering if you acutally see the "final product" there or just the code. Thanks!

Edited: I figured it out. And, by the way, you can only have 6 lines.

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info, Tricia! I can't wait till I have enough to put mine in my signature. I should be there by the end of the day :p

And I guess the moral of the story is that you should NOT spell check your posts!!

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Here are some fun new searches that got people to the site. If they were your posts, I hope that someone clicked on your referral link!!

harvey pollack s gas station closed
generous genie cookies
norway school bread
as seen on tv aqua dots
marketlabs
myspace happy memorial day message
happy memorial day myspace graphics
thegrocerygame log in
new dcl ships
eleise

Soccer Princess
05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I have a mystery referral person now! They just have the $2, but boy was I surprised to see the extra person! :) Yay Thanks Linda L whoever you are! :)

kimntrent
05-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I think it is kinda funny. But hey whatever works. It is a gain for us all.

Kim
________
AMAZON GIFT CARDS (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/amazon-gift-cards/)

Mandi
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, I am clearly an idiot because I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to get the banner in my sig (see how much I've earned one) and can't get it to work. :computer:

Can someone please give me the banners for dummies version please? :rotfl:

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
You should be able to go to the referrals link and copy the info for the one that you want (the letter and numbers and stuff that are near the one you want I dont know what they are called lol) then go to your signature under usercp and paste it into the signature box. That should be all you need to do unless you have too much in your signature then you will need to get rid of a line or combine lines. I think you can only have 6 lines in a signature. Try that if not....wait for Sunshine Guy to come back because Im clueless after that.

Mandi
05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah I kind of knew how to get it on here. I was just trying to figure out how to post it on another forum that I frequent without making it my sig there. I wanted to let the ladies there know, but I already have a sig there and don't want to lose it.

Oh well, I'll figure something out. :) Thanks for the instructions!

jnorth1007
05-30-2007, 08:11 PM
You should be able to cut and past one of the referral banners into a post there and it would show up. It would show up as a link that they could click on if they wanted to. I have done that before and I have also pasted it into an email for someone to click on and use me as a referral. I think that is what you meant? LOL

Mandi
05-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks Janet. :) I will just have to do that I guess. i was hoping for the actual banner since it's prettier than a regular link. :rotfl: But as long as it works it's all good. ;)