PDA

View Full Version : Select 55

m 'n c
07-20-2010, 10:58 AM
So I decided to try Select 55 this weekend because I wanted beer but not the points that went with it. Rather I didn't want to choose between steak or beer I wanted BOTH! So at Walmart I grabbed a 6 pack of Select 55 not really expecting anything other than a barely beer flavored water and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't my favorite beer out there but it did taste pretty much like Bud Light but it was only 1 WW point not 2. So I'll probably buy it again to keep my points down but to still enjoy every now and then.

sunshinecindy
07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I prefer the Miller 64 to the Bud. I seem to get headaches from Bud but not Miller and I like the taste. I usually add a little lime anyway.

momof3lovebugs
07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
You're lucky you aren't a beer snob like me!:p I can't drink any of those and almost no domestic! I worked in a microbrewery in college serving food and we 'had' to taste all the beer so we could recommend it. I thought I hated beer until I worked there. Then I just realized I only like some beer. I will be using my extra 35 pts when I want a beer! :rotfl:

m 'n c
07-20-2010, 05:57 PM
As much as I'd prefer something darker (and obviously better tasting) it just doesn't come light enough. So I just have to learn to rotate in and deal. :)

3dog2kidmom
07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
My preference for an everyday "just got home from work and would love a cold one" beer is Bud Select, and the 55 works just fine for that purpose at just 1 point.

:cheers::cheers: