PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards?

Jipster
11-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Is there an expiration date for these? Thanks.

m 'n c
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Nope! Thats why they are so popular around here. You can start stocking up months or years ahead of your trip. :)

Jipster
11-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Fabulous! Thanks! We just in the past couple of weeks decided to go in May, 2008, and I thought getting the cards would be a great way to make sure I didn't spend my SR money on frivolous things (you know, like the electric bill :rotfl: ), but I didn't want to redeem for the Disney cards if they expired in case we weren't able to go when we planned.

m 'n c
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Nope I've been cashing out since May for Disney GCs for our trip next Sept. I can't wait and I have a nice little chunk of change saved up thanks to Tricia.

bs4free
11-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Nope! Thats why they are so popular around here. You can start stocking up months or years ahead of your trip. :)
And why we love the Special Disney Cash Outs so much!!!! Just can not wait for the next one some time next year!

Jipster
11-11-2007, 08:26 PM
And why we love the Special Disney Cash Outs so much!!!! Just can not wait for the next one some time next year!

What are the special cashouts? I haven't paid any attention to them before because I didn't have any Disney plans, but now I do :cooldance: Do you think they'll happen before next May?

m 'n c
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
What are the special cashouts? I haven't paid any attention to them before because I didn't have any Disney plans, but now I do :cooldance: Do you think they'll happen before next May?

They tend to happen once a quarter. The last one was in Mid-October. There will not be another one this year so I'm thinking there will be one shortly after 2008 begins.

Jipster
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
They tend to happen once a quarter. The last one was in Mid-October. There will not be another one this year so I'm thinking there will be one shortly after 2008 begins.

Thanks. What's the deal on them? Do you get them for a reduced amount?

cglaura
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
This is what was offered in the past, but no guarantees that they will be the same offers...but Tricia always comes up with nice things for us, so whatever will be great!

$25 Disney Gift Card for 24 credits
$50 Disney Gift Card for 48 credits
$75 Disney Gift Card for 72 credits (will come as 1 $25 card and 1 $50 card)
$100 Disney Gift Card for 95 credits
$150 Disney Gift Card for 142 credits (will come as 1 $100 card and 1 $50 card)
$200 Disney Gift Card for 188 credits (will come as 2 $100 cards)

m 'n c
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks. What's the deal on them? Do you get them for a reduced amount?

Sorry I guess I could have explained it better. I think cglaura covered the basics.

PrincessFiona
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I just ordered a $25 Disney GC and hope it arrives before we leave on the 18th!

SunshineGirl
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

18th of November or 18th of December?

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

do you leave november 18th? Because I doubt that will happen. they say 2-3 weeks for delivery. If it is December 18 you most likely will

ItsmeSunnyV
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
By any chance do you have these in stock right now Tricia? :p

Jipster
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
This is what was offered in the past, but no guarantees that they will be the same offers...but Tricia always comes up with nice things for us, so whatever will be great!

$25 Disney Gift Card for 24 credits
$50 Disney Gift Card for 48 credits
$75 Disney Gift Card for 72 credits (will come as 1 $25 card and 1 $50 card)
$100 Disney Gift Card for 95 credits
$150 Disney Gift Card for 142 credits (will come as 1 $100 card and 1 $50 card)
$200 Disney Gift Card for 188 credits (will come as 2 $100 cards)

So would I come out just as good as supermember to go ahead and order my cards, since it looks like this is the same?

bs4free
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
So would I come out just as good as supermember to go ahead and order my cards, since it looks like this is the same?
oK

Same as SM Rate $25 Disney Gift Card for 24 credits
Same as SM Rate $50 Disney Gift Card for 48 credits
Same as SM Rate $75 Disney Gift Card for 72 credits (will come as 1 $25 card and 1 $50 card)
Save $1 off SM Rate $100 Disney Gift Card for 95 credits (Order 2 $50 Cards)
Save $2 off SM Rate $150 Disney Gift Card for 142 credits (Order 3 $50 Cards)
Save $4 off SM Rate $200 Disney Gift Card for 188 credits (Order 4 $50 Cards)

m4travels
11-15-2007, 09:52 AM

If it was me, I'd wait. There's always going to be a chance that T will run the special and you save a few more bucks in time for your May visit. There's no real need for you to have them yet (unless, like Bryan, you wanted to wallow in the bathtub covered by them...but that's another story on another thread.....).

Now, if you're in our situation where we leave in a couple weeks for WDW and DCL then, yes, I'd forego the extra savings - in fact I just did and ordered our last $200 in GCs.

OT: I'm not sure the CM on board is going to like me very much when I hand her/him this stack of cards and he/she has to enter each one into our onboard account!

jnorth1007
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Michael,

That is what happened during our October trip. I just kept charging everything to my room key so I wouldn't have to track what card had how many cents left on it. The last day I went to the front desk and handed over $700 in gift cards and had her apply them to my room account and paid off all of the charges. In the end I only had to come out of pocket with 6.XX to cover the difference.

Jipster
11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks all! I guess I'll wait and see if I can save a couple of bucks!

sweetiee
11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I am wanting to cash out as well. I don't have much, but we are planning to go to Disney in January and I wanted to help pay some of our expenses with what I've earned. I am not sure if I should cash out for Disney gift cards or paypal.
How and where can you use the gift cards? We actually booked our trip via a travel agent because it was the same as online and we know we can go in and discuss the trip with them personally instead of going online each time or calling someone up. We are supposed to have it paid off in full in December. So can I use these gift cards anywhere? Like to pay off our balance?
Or are they only useable at Disney. If that is the case, I'll just take them with us and use for souveniers or something.

THANKS!

disney_girl
11-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes, you can use the gift cards to pay off your balance! You can also use them at numerous places around WDW- dining, shopping, room charges, etc. There are some snack vendors where you are not able to use gift cards so you might want to make sure you have some cash for those.

BTW... if you are going to use your GC cashout to pay off your balance, you only need the gift card numbers when you call Disney. In that case, you can request the gift card numbers from Tricia- which will get it to you quicker and eliminate her having to mail them to you!

3dog2kidmom
11-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I am wanting to cash out as well. I don't have much, but we are planning to go to Disney in January and I wanted to help pay some of our expenses with what I've earned. I am not sure if I should cash out for Disney gift cards or paypal.
How and where can you use the gift cards? We actually booked our trip via a travel agent because it was the same as online and we know we can go in and discuss the trip with them personally instead of going online each time or calling someone up. We are supposed to have it paid off in full in December. So can I use these gift cards anywhere? Like to pay off our balance?
Or are they only useable at Disney. If that is the case, I'll just take them with us and use for souveniers or something.

THANKS!

I have been able to use Disney gift cards to pay off my balance with two different travel agents, a AAA agent, as well as Disney direct. You can also use them at Disney -- at your resort, restaurants, stores... most everywhere except maybe at a few carts which are cash only.

We're going in January too!! What are your dates?

aknight373
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
We're going in January too!! What are your dates?

us too.... but i think we have talked about this already!!! I am so freakin excited.

sweetiee
11-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info. I think that is what I'll do then, if I can use it at the travel agency.
We are going the last weekend in Jan, hoping it won't be crowded!

spring
12-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Okay, I need to know about using Disney Gift Cards for a Disney Cruise. My daughter and I are planning a Disney Cruise in August 2009 (total of 5 people going). Does anyone know if I can use Disney Gift Cards for partial payment for the cruise? If so, is there a limit on how much in gift cards you have (monetary value) versus the number of gift cards you have? For example, if I'm told I can only use two gift cards, I'd rather have two $100 cards versus two $50 cards.

If I were going to WDW, I know I could use the cards for incidentals. However, on a cruise, usually your incidentals are added to the credit card you leave at the beginning of the cruise. Do you think I could have my Disney Gift Cards applied to my balance of incidentals once I'm on the ship?

I hope someone has experience with this. Before I start cashing out on Disney Gift Cards, I want to have an idea of how this works. Thanks!:sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
12-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Okay, I need to know about using Disney Gift Cards for a Disney Cruise. My daughter and I are planning a Disney Cruise in August 2009 (total of 5 people going). Does anyone know if I can use Disney Gift Cards for partial payment for the cruise? If so, is there a limit on how much in gift cards you have (monetary value) versus the number of gift cards you have? For example, if I'm told I can only use two gift cards, I'd rather have two $100 cards versus two $50 cards.

If I were going to WDW, I know I could use the cards for incidentals. However, on a cruise, usually your incidentals are added to the credit card you leave at the beginning of the cruise. Do you think I could have my Disney Gift Cards applied to my balance of incidentals once I'm on the ship?

I hope someone has experience with this. Before I start cashing out on Disney Gift Cards, I want to have an idea of how this works. Thanks!:sunshine:

We used the gift cards to pay on our land/sea package this year, and I am currently using them to pay on my Sunshine cruise next year with a travel agent.

You can also take them down to guest services once you get on board to apply to your stateroom account. There isn't a limit -- I remember Tricia saying she had a stack of $25 cards that she used on her cruise. I also applied Disney Visa rewards dollars to our onboard account. The only caveat is that once you apply gift cards or rewards dollars on board, they are non-refundable so only apply as many as you intend to use otherwise wait until after you have charged things and then go to guest services and "pay" with your gift cards. HTH!

spring
12-09-2007, 11:40 AM
We used the gift cards to pay on our land/sea package this year, and I am currently using them to pay on my Sunshine cruise next year with a travel agent.

You can also take them down to guest services once you get on board to apply to your stateroom account. There isn't a limit -- I remember Tricia saying she had a stack of $25 cards that she used on her cruise. I also applied Disney Visa rewards dollars to our onboard account. The only caveat is that once you apply gift cards or rewards dollars on board, they are non-refundable so only apply as many as you intend to use otherwise wait until after you have charged things and then go to guest services and "pay" with your gift cards. HTH!

Thank you so much! I just didn't want to cash out for Disney Gift Cards and end up either being told there is a limit to use for each trip or a $ amount limit. My DD also is a SR member, and I'll be going with her. I'm sure she also plans to use her credits towards the same gift cards. I guess our travel agent will have a lot of Disney Gift Cards to deal with prior to us paying in full for the trip. That's my plan, anyhow!:sunshine: