PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Spend My Rewards...

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Okay Sunshine Family, I have a question that I know you guys can help me answer. :angel:

I've earned almost 800.00 (Yippeee). I've cashed my credits in for Walmart Gift Cards. Originally, my earnings were going to be for vacation, but since that's not happening until July of next year, I figured I can start saving again come January.

Although I've already cashed out for Walmart GCs they can still be used for vacation for items we need (Snacks, film, videos, personal items etc.). Not to metion, where ever we go, we always find a Walmart and buy souviniers and or whatever, so they can still be very helpful for vacation.

Then, I thought maybe I'll use them for the kiddos Christmas toys (Actually, a swing set)

But now, I'm thinking about being a little selfish.:angel: I've already priced them and I'm very close to having enough for a 50 inch Flat Screen Television, which I'm sure I'll be able to get a great deal during the holidays.
Since I spend so much time in my bed, the tv is for me and it's going in my bedroom. :angel: (I'll give my 19 inch to someone else):)

So what shall I do:

VACATION

SWING SET

or

TV

Thank You Guys!

Lisa

jnorth1007
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I say you earned it you should use it for your TV set. Then you can use the earnings from here out for your vacations.

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
wow! 800! We buy our groceries at walmart and I justthink wow that is a couple months worth of groceries.

I think you should get the tv too. Unless you know you will get the swing set, then maybe you should do it this way.

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 06:11 PM
wow! 800! We buy our groceries at walmart and I justthink wow that is a couple months worth of groceries.

I think you should get the tv too. Unless you know you will get the swing set, then maybe you should do it this way.

It would be a couple of months of groceries for us as well, for we shop at Walmart for groceries too. As much as we spend, we need to buy some stock!

But I wouldn't won't to spend them for groceries. That wouldn't be fun!

m 'n c
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I would buy a little bit larger of a flat screen tv than the one you currently have (do you really need 50 inches in the bedroom??) so that you can mount it and upgrade it then I would spend the rest on Christmas gifts.

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
I would buy a little bit larger of a flat screen tv than the one you currently have (do you really need 50 inches in the bedroom??) so that you can mount it and upgrade it then I would spend the rest on Christmas gifts.

That's a good thought! Nope, I don't need it that big. I'm just being greedy.:rotfl:

I definitely have enough to do both, espeicially since it's the holidays and I know I'll get a good deal!

coastalgirl
11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Do something nice for yourself! Get the tv and then if you have some left over use it for either Christmas or supplies for your vacation!!

cglaura
11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I didn't read your post first :p . It didn't register why you needed the tv until I did. But I like Catherine's idea, a little smaller tv, and maybe a smaller type swing set or some other thing to keep them occupied while you're watching tv :)

bs4free
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Get a nice new Flat tv for your bedroom mabey not 50" but look for the best deal, and what ever is left over use for christmas! you deserve a nice tv!

Sunni
11-14-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree with Catherine and all.....the best bargain on a tv and the rest toward Christmas. You have to spoil yourself once in a while....you deserve it!

wilsonfamily4
11-14-2007, 06:59 PM
It would be a couple of months of groceries for us as well, for we shop at Walmart for groceries too. As much as we spend, we need to buy some stock!

But I wouldn't won't to spend them for groceries. That wouldn't be fun!

What I do with those cards is when we get groceries I use the cards and then reimburse myself the amount I spent in cash. So I could have $800.00 to spend anywhere I wanted. But walmart does have a lot to choose from.

sunshinecindy
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Blessing and Miracle;75875]Okay Sunshine Family, I have a question that I know you guys can help me answer. :angel:

I've already priced them and I'm very close to having enough for a 50 inch Flat Screen Television, which I'm sure I'll be able to get a great deal during the holidays.
Since I spend so much time in my bed, the tv is for me and it's going in my bedroom. :angel: (I'll give my 19 inch to someone else):) Quote

Heres an idea, spend a little less time in bed watching tv :rotfl:
I know, you really want one. But, I have a 50" in my bedroom....tv, that is....and its really too big. I'd say go with maybe a 32" and the kids swing set. I know you have enough for that. Hope you enjoy whatever you get, thats some great earnings.

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 07:01 PM
What I do with those cards is when we get groceries I use the cards and then reimburse myself the amount I spent in cash. So I could have $800.00 to spend anywhere I wanted. But walmart does have a lot to choose from.

That's a good thought! Didn't look at it that way. Thanks!

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Blessing and Miracle;75875]Okay Sunshine Family, I have a question that I know you guys can help me answer.

I've already priced them and I'm very close to having enough for a 50 inch Flat Screen Television, which I'm sure I'll be able to get a great deal during the holidays.
Since I spend so much time in my bed, the tv is for me and it's going in my bedroom. (I'll give my 19 inch to someone else):) Quote

Heres an idea, spend a little less time in bed watching tv :rotfl:
I know, you really want one. But, I have a 50" in my bedroom....tv, that is....and its really too big. I'd say go with maybe a 32" and the kids swing set. I know you have enough for that. Hope you enjoy whatever you get, thats some great earnings.

Cindy, 50 inches of anything else in my bedroom .....well, I already have six children, but would definitely cause me to suffer from more than cancer.:rotfl: :rotfl:

m 'n c
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
That's a good thought! Didn't look at it that way. Thanks!

Well if you do it that way I am more than willing to meet you at the Galleria and help you spend it. I think I can go through that wad pretty fast on the "old" end of the galleria. What's your vice? Burberry? Louis Vuitton? Neimans? Gucci? :angel:

sunshinecindy
11-14-2007, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=sunshinecindy;75952]

Cindy, 50 inches of anything else in my bedroom .....well, I already have six children, but would definitely cause me to suffer from more than cancer.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow, I hear ya :cheers:

bs4free
11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=sunshinecindy;75952]

OK that was just too Funny!

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Well if you do it that way I am more than willing to meet you at the Galleria and help you spend it. I think I can go through that wad pretty fast on the "old" end of the galleria. What's your vice? Burberry? Louis Vuitton? Neimans? Gucci? :angel:

You know, the Galleria has never been my stomping ground.:rotfl:

But, we can meet in the SR Chat and see how to spend it on SR for even more credits.:angel:

ItsmeSunnyV
11-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I voted for vacation, and the reason why is, I say keep saving for your vacation, so that way once your vacation comes, you can LIVE IT UP!!! Have the vacation, that you've always wanted, meaning normally if you buy yourself one mickey bar, this time...Buy yourself TWO!! hhehehe Just like the others have said, you earned it, so YOU enjoy it!:p

SunshineGirl
11-14-2007, 07:54 PM
No matter what you get, get the thing that gives YOU the most joy. If that's seeing your kids on a swing set, get the swing set. If it's the family time of vacation, save it. If it's the sheer thought that you got to splurge on yourself, SPLURGE! You are the one on here taking surveys everyday. You should get what brings you the most happiness.

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 07:58 PM
No matter what you get, get the thing that gives YOU the most joy. If that's seeing your kids on a swing set, get the swing set. If it's the family time of vacation, save it. If it's the sheer thought that you got to splurge on yourself, SPLURGE! You are the one on here taking surveys everyday. You should get what brings you the most happiness.

Tricia, have you been talking to my DH! That's exactly what he said.:)

bbangel
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I would say try and get the best of both worlds. Find a deal on a bigger tv and on the swing set. If both aren't possible, go with the tv and put the extra towards vacation.

aknight373
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Big Screen!!! Big Screen!!! We Have A 54 Inch And Love It

SunshineGirl
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Tricia, have you been talking to my DH! That's exactly what he said.:)

Wow. You married a VERY smart man. :rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
11-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow. You married a VERY smart man. :rotfl:

My thoughts exactly! For sure, my life wouldn't be the same without him.:heart:

PSL1013
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I voted for the TV...you worked hard for it and deserve it! :love:

docsmom
11-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I say TV. I know when my children were younger, it was very difficult to find time or $$ to spend on myself. You earned it!

Lisaj68
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Without even reading the answers and other opinions, I voted you should spend your mad money on a t.v. for YOU !

It's not selfish - you deserve it! And besides, you earned it.

Heck, I can hardly even SEE a 19" screen ! :rotfl:

Mandi
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I have a 60" tv in my living room and hate it b/c it's so big. So I'd vote for a smaller tv and put the rest towards a swingset. Then you get the best of both worlds... you can kick your kids outside to play while watching your favorite tv show in silence. :rotfl:

kimntrent
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I say you take one heck of a vacation when you are able to do so.

Kim