PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!!!

rygirlsmum
08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I just received my Amazon giftcard and was able to buy the new Kindle - without using any of my own money! I was waiting and showing restraint. Now I can't wait for next month when I get it! Thank you for sending it so quickly. I'm a happy girl, now!

m 'n c
08-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Congrats! Mine is in the process of shipping. I can't wait to try out the Kindle. Which one did you get?

~Kathie
08-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Congratulations!!!

Would you girls post a review of the Kindle when you get it?? I've been on the fence about getting one for a while. Now that the price has come way down....I'm thinking it's time.

I really like having that book in my hands.

mollyeilis
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Kathie, I like having a book in hands, and it took a little time to get used to having a Kindle in my hands, but now...gimme a Kindle any day. Especially for exercising!

The page feels to my eyes like I'm reading a mass market paperback (though I haven't yet tried the brand new one), a nice soft sort of background and print.

Another nice thing is that you can increase or decrease the font...can't do THAT with a paper book!

Thanks everyone for buying Kindles! :sunshine: (hubby works in that department at amazon...)

~Kathie
08-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Kathie, I like having a book in hands, and it took a little time to get used to having a Kindle in my hands, but now...gimme a Kindle any day. Especially for exercising!

The page feels to my eyes like I'm reading a mass market paperback (though I haven't yet tried the brand new one), a nice soft sort of background and print.

Another nice thing is that you can increase or decrease the font...can't do THAT with a paper book!

Thanks everyone for buying Kindles! :sunshine: (hubby works in that department at amazon...)

Thanks Molly! Great info about the zoomin. My eyes get tired really fast lately and I bet that would be a huge help.

Couple of questions.....

1. Do you get to keep the books you download? They're usually $10 a book if I read that correctly. I guess if I wanted to keep a book I could always buy the hard copy.

2. Are other book selling sites compatible with Kindle?

3. How is it for reading in the sunlight?

Nice to see the price has come down a lot since they first came out years ago. I wish I could try it free for 30 days. :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Mine comes in on Monday!!

Kathie - Yes you keep the books and they are "stored" electronically by Amazon so if you run out of room you can delete and then add back later.

I don't think anything else is compatible but I did find some file conversion sites online so I think anything is possible...

mollyeilis
08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks, Catherine. :) Correct, they aren't compatible with other places...but since the prices are basically set by the publishers, you'll probably find similar prices everywhere.

Not only do you keep the books, but you can highlight things and save those, you can type notes, and those are all kept as well.

Someone on the dis mentioned that she gets cookbooks for her Kindle, and when she finds recipes she likes she highlights them...then because she always has the Kindle with her, when she goes to the store she can just pull out the Kindle and find that recipe so she can buy the ingredients! I read a lot of mysteries, and I love the ones with recipes in them (like Diane Mott Davidson's series), and I'd been doing about the same thing, but hadn't thought to actually look at the Kindle while at the store. Probably would have written it out before a shopping trip! Silly me. :p