PDA

View Full Version : Free for the giving

Ellen aka Snow White
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I got this in an email - hope it's ok to post
SOMETHING COOL THAT XEROX IS DOING FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

This only takes a couple of minutes to complete !!!! Give it a try!

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq .. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! Th is is a great site. Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them...hope you join in.

Ellen

DisneyMa
11-15-2007, 06:58 PM
We have a friend going over to Iraq in January. His wife and I are stockpiling things to send over in care packages to his troops.

What a nice idea, I will check out the website.

edit: I went to the website. Very touching, thanks:)

Soccer Princess
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Aww! I just sent one! :)

bs4free
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Just sent one, thanks for the link!

Kycha
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Ellen, thanks so much for posting this. I had such a hard time picking just one card. I can't believe the artwork those kids did. Truly amazing!

memanana
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
What a wonderful thing to do for our troops. I have a nephew going there before the holidays

LuvMyBoys
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for posting this, what an easy way to do something nice!! :)

On a related note, I received this in an email and wanted to pass it on for those interested.

I'm going to try to have the kids make some nice cards to send:

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include
the following:

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

coastalgirl
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM

On a related note, I received this in an email and wanted to pass it on for those interested.

the following:

6900 Georgia Avenue,NW

I think we will do this too! My niece and nephew are coming in next week and this would be really neat for all the kids to do. Plus it might keep them out of my hair for awhile.:angel: thanks for sharing.

SunshineGirl
11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them...hope you join in.

Ellen

I'm glad that you included this. It's easy to confuse the two. :heart:

Tiggerific711
12-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks, I just sent one. I'm gonna have my kids do it too when I get home from work.

bartleby1
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM

the following:

6900 Georgia Avenue,NW

I received this email too, but unfortunately, it is not true. I just saw a report on the news that due to possible terroristic threats or the possibility of someone sending demoralizing letters to our troops, all letters and cards without a specific name will be returned to sender or discarded. :(

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp

ETA: the XEROX, lets say thanks site, however, IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE, according to snope.com so send away!!!

LuvMyBoys
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
I received this email too, but unfortunately, it is not true. I just saw a report on the news that due to possible terroristic threats or the possibility of someone sending demoralizing letters to our troops, all letters and cards without a specific name will be returned to sender or discarded. :(

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp

ETA: the XEROX, lets say thanks site, however, IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE, according to snope.com so send away!!!

Thanks for the update! I got that via email too and I'm usually pretty skeptical about those things but I thought that one seemed valid -- it's pretty sad that we can't even send a letter to a wounded soldier b/c some people might abuse it :(