PDA

View Full Version : Disney GC's and Snacks?

Jipster
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Can I use the GC's at the snack places (like ice cream, popcorn, etc.) or would I be better off to get the Disney dollars? Thanks.

disney_girl
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Some take them and some don't. If that particular vendor accepts credit cards, they should also take the GC's. BUT, I will say when we were there in October, we had some problems even with the ones that did take CC's. I know we had problems at both Epcot and MGM- for some reason, their card reader wouldn't scan the GC's and we ended up paying with CC or cash. Not sure what the problem was with it as the cards worked fine at other places. So, having that experience and not knowing ahead of time which place will/ won't take the GC's, it might be a good idea to cash out for some DD's for that purpose.

Jipster
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks! Guess I'd better get both.

wilsonfamily4
11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Also there are a few vendors that are not Disney owned. they only take cash. I was so bummed because at DTD I wanted a churro and we only had our disney dollars at the time. They would only except American dollars! :) So now I have learned my lesson. I will always carry a few regular bucks

bs4free
11-16-2007, 09:20 PM
If your staying at a disney hotel and have a key to the world card alot not all but alot of the snack carts take the disney kety to the world card (your room keey) and you can pay for those charges with your disney gc at your hotels font desk as well! just another idea... But some of the carts i think the curros and funnel cakes and such are American Cash only! a bummer sometimes...

3dog2kidmom
11-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Also there are a few vendors that are not Disney owned. they only take cash. I was so bummed because at DTD I wanted a churro and we only had our disney dollars at the time. They would only except American dollars! :) So now I have learned my lesson. I will always carry a few regular bucks

That happened to us, Dee, at the funnel cake place at Epcot. We didn't have one red cent on us and had our hearts set on funnel cakes. Imagine our (and the kids') disappointment when we learned they were cash only :(